[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Marla the Barmaid
Marla is about to respond to Autumn's question about how adventuring works here in the Dunn Wright Inn but the shuffling off of the crazed mud-colored man and then the arrival of the farmer delays that answer.

Marla points towards the farmer. "A bloke, like that one, usually walks in and brings up a need. If he has the coin he'll likely get a few volunteers to fix his problem." She shrugs as if to indicate that what happens next is fairly obvious.

She calls out to the farmer. "Haven't heard those names, seen those faces, in quite some time, Good Farmer! Maybe someone else around here can help you with your problem."

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]
Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

She daintily finishes her mug, "Th-th-thank you miss Marla." She gets up and approaches the farmer.

Autumn looks down, and takes a deep breath. "Hello Mr. Farmer. I-I-I think I c-can help." She stammers as she fails to make eye contact.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

HP: 16/16
AC: 14 FF:12 T:12

Initiative: +4

CMB: 3 CMD: 15
Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4

Perception: +9

Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.

Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.

Spells Prepared:
Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist
[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Jezz, Venzan farmer

[section]
"Oh," mutters the farmer. He is clearly at a loss of what to do now that the people he was seeking are not present. And if Autumn weren't looking down she would notice that the farmer was just as eager to avoid eye contact as she is.

"Uhm, yes. Me name be Jezz and as yer powers observation told ya, I'm a farmer. The devil dogs done stole my milk cow again. She were a good cow. The black and white kind an' I hope I get her back not like the last time. More-Gin and tha others killed all the devil dogs nearly five years back but they came back again and they stole my cow again. She were a good cow and I'll sore miss that milk. She probably dead now but I got coins buried in a secret place under the old oak behind my house so I can pays to have the devil dogs kill't."

Jezz finally gets the courage to look over at Autumn and his lips purse in thought or concern or both. "Took a passle of folk last time the devil dogs come out of their hole. Me thinks you'd need some friends unless yer a right powerful lady. Not sayin' yer not or anything..." He trails off and shifts uncomfortably.
[/section]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]

Autumn briefly scans the tavern. "Well, you see I am new in town here, and don't know any of the people you mentioned. Actually, I really know anybody. But I would be glad to try and help." She lets slip a small sigh. "I'm not altogether too sure I can h-h-help you by myself." She looks visibly defeated. Perhaps unconsciously her eyes wander to the other woman at the bar.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

Spells Prepared:
[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
latest

"Ho Ho my dear lady, do I hear the sound of adventure stirring up." Barnibus chugs down another pint of ale, visibly a little enibriated ,"good farmer, tell me more of these *hic* devil dogs. They sound like a mighty fine bunch to test Brunhilda here on." Barnibus pats his great axe sitting beside him near the bar. He looks back towards Autumn and gives a smile," Alas, *hic* I have not properly introduced myself. The name is Barnibus the Beautiful my lady, at your service. My voice and my axe are yours if you would have it! Another ALE! AND MORE SONG! That last one left a bad tast in my mouth."

[sblock=ministats] Barnibus the Beautiful

AC: 16
HP: 10
CMB: +3 CMD: 15
Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

Perception: +0
Initiative: + 2

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Used Items: None
Raging Songs: 5/5
Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barnibus_the_Beautiful_(Resrick)
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]

Autumn is visibly taken aback by the extroversion known as Barnibus the Beautiful. "Er.... um... hello? M-m-my name is Autumn Foxfire. I don't know about taking you into service, but maybe we could work together?" An awkward smile follows.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

Spells Prepared:
[/sblock][

GlassEye

Adventurer
Jezz, Venzan farmer

[section]
The good farmer Jezz nods his head enthusiastically as Barnibus interjects. He is apparently quite familiar and comfortable with boisterous drinking companions. "Ho ho! Lady Autumn and Barmy-Gus, it be a good start! Let me get that ale for you." Jezz meticulously counts out coppers to give to Marla for three mugs of local ale before returning to Barnibus' question about the devil dogs.

Them devil dogs be short scaly critters like a halfling but they be powerful sneaky at night. Last time they stole near half me livestock afore them others come kill 'em." Jezz scratches his head; clearly he knows little about these so-called 'devil dogs'. "Uhm, they's livin' in a hole back of my farm. Couple of miles out. Ya'd hafta go root 'em out. They's trickly little fellas, too, did I mention that?"
[/section]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]

Autumn gulps at the prospect of the killer dogs. I've only hunted deer, boar, rabbits and the like... I sure would hope to make father proud. She takes a sip of the frosty brew, but then calamity strikes. Unable to handle the taste and carbonation, she spits out her beer all over Barnibus the Beautiful! "Oh heavens me! I'm so s-s-s-s-s-sorry! I've never had ale before... please forgive me." She turns to the farmer. "Please don't fire me already!" she laments...

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

Spells Prepared:
[/sblock]

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Jezz, Venzan farmer

[section]
Autumn's mishap is Barnibus' misfortune and has Jezz guffawing and almost spilling his own ale. He beams a snaggle-toothed grin at the druid and rubs a bit of foam from his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Don't you worry none, ma'am. It ain't in me ta be doin' no firing just yet." Putting the incident behind him Jezz stretches his neck up and peers around the inn's common room. "Hope there be a couple more hardy 'venturing types interested. Them devil dogs got a nasty bite and they's tricky ones. Did I mention that?"
[/section]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]

Although the red in her face begins to fade, Autumn cannot bring herself to make eye contact with Barnibus. Instead, she internally scolds herself. Miss Foxfire you are such a clot! Mother was always right about you! She can only manage to stare down at her well-traveled leather boots, wondering.... no, praying, that someone else heeds the call of adventure in order to take the attention away from herself.

[/section]

[sblock=Mini-Stats]
Character Sheet

Spells Prepared:
[/sblock]

Remove ads