[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn - Page 467
  1. #4661
    Kristia had been listening in on this conversation for a while, trying to finish her steak while the farmer droned on. Finally, she spoke up: "Care to elaborate on what you mean by 'a nasty bite' and 'tricky'? I'm not going to throw my life away based on such vague advice amounting to 'be careful'." She blinked. "Oh, sorry - the name's Kristia. No offence met, sir."

    (OOC: Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with this in the past few days!)

  2. #4662


    Barnibus grins even brighter with the prospect of such epic battle being waged against such fearsome foes as these. "Eiy my good farmer these sound like the perfect sized foes for me. I have cleaved men in two with the mighty swing of my weapon. If they are the size of halflings I should have no problem getting at least two and a half per swing, that is if they aren't as round in the belly as some of my half heighted friends I know BWAHAHAHA!" He puts his arm around the farmer squezin him just a little tighter than he means to knocking the breath out of him for a moment before standing up and raising his mug to the air. "To lady Autumn and Barnibus the Beautiful! Fellers of the Devil's Dogs and destroyers of the dens of the mutts from hell!" He downs the mug of ale in 4 large gulps before sitting back down at the bench.

    He looks over to the newcomer to the conversation, Kristia and gives a grin with a little foam still remaining on his upper lip. "Good lady, what more is there to know of the little devils. They will hear our songs of battle and soon after feel the cut of my axe, the piercing of Lady Autumns arrows, and the err..." he glances over Kristia's weaponry," and perhaps the fierce scow of the mighty Kristia!"

    ministats
    Barnibus the Beautiful

    AC: 16
    HP: 10
    CMB: +3 CMD: 15
    Fort: +3 Reflex: +3 Will: +2

    Perception: +0
    Initiative: + 2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Used Items: None
    Raging Songs: 5/5
    Cantrips: Summon Instrument, Light, Detect Magic, Prestidigitation
    Lvl 1: (0/2 used) Cure Light Wounds, Moment of Greatness
    http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Barni...iful_(Resrick)

  3. #4663
    Member
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    1,023
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block FrancisJohn


    ° Friend+
    Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

    Autumn's cheeks refuse to stop blushing at the words of Barnibus the Beautiful. I should be ashamed of myself! He called me Lady Autumn.... and those abs! His words are just as mesmerizing! What is wrong with me? My parents raised me better this. Get ahold of yourself girl. Look.... Kristia didn't even flinch... and all I could manage is to spit up everywhere... poor me.... Her countenance forces a smile through the now present dejection. She tries to add something productive, but can only murmur something about 'yes, we'll get them' or something of the same ilk.



    Mini-Stats

    Character Sheet

    HP: 16/16
    AC: 14 FF:12 T:12


    Initiative: +4


    CMB: 3 CMD: 15
    Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4


    Perception: +9


    Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
    C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
    Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
    Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.


    Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.


    Spells Prepared:
    Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
    Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist

  4. #4664
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    7,987
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block GlassEye


    ° Friend+

    Jezz, Venzan farmer


    Jezz is pleased when Kristia speaks up but as he digests her words his simple grin changes to a frown of concentration that not even Barnibus' exuberance can alter. "Don't reckon you would throw yer life away on me advice. But, for the gold coins that be buried under me old oak tree I 'spect you'd take a risk." He shrugs. " 'Devil dogs' is just what I be callin' them 'cause that's what I be thinkin' they was at first. They's little ones like halflings, like Barmy-Gus said but they's got scalies that makes 'em look like a devil. And tricky means they plays tricks, ya know? Like sneakin' up in the dark and stealin' yer best cow. And when More-Gin and Fury came back after killin' 'em all they be sportin' cuts and like so I recken they'd got a nasty bite."

    Jezz scratches his chin as if uncertain what to say next. "But if Barmy-Gus be cuttin' 'em into two and a half..."


    OOC
    Welcome back, Skysear! Thought we had lost you. The Sea Sprite adventure is ending very soon and so the rest of the party will be joining in as soon as they are free. I expect to open the game thread Wednesday evening.

  5. #4665
    Kristia shrugs, pushing her plate forward slightly as she finishes her meal. "Well, with this many of us going to fight a few dogs, it shouldn't matter too much, I suppose. And if things do somehow go terribly, staging an escape shouldn't be all that difficult." She flashes a small smile. "So, how much gold are we talking? Enough to split between us, I trust?"
    Last edited by Skysear; Friday, 11th September, 2015 at 10:53 AM.

  6. #4666
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    7,987
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block GlassEye


    ° Friend+

    Jezz, Venzan farmer


    Jezz nods. "I reckon there be enough gold for the three of you, easy. Plus a few more should they show up with enough jingle left over for me own pockets." The farmer looks around. "Hey, it'll take all day to walk to me farm. Best if'n we start in the morning."

  7. #4667
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    425
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block ealt


    ° Friend+

    Arradon Delgaran

    Arradon wearily enters the inn, still recovering for the near-mortal wound inflicted by the Sea Hag. He approaches the counter. "Marla, could you see that a half-elven woman named Tamarie gets this next time she comes around?" He hands her a small, jingling bag and retreats to a corner booth.

    He sits down and unbuckles his leather armor, placing it on the table before him. The battered armor has clearly seen better days. He produces a needle and thread, as well as some extra leather from his belt pouch and begins to mend the armor as best he can. His upper chest, now bare, sports a particularly nasty looking scar, pink and raw, in the shape of five claws. Previously hidden beneath his armor, wrapped around the upper portion of his left bicep, is a rather delicate silken scarf woven in abstract organic patterns. It seems out-of place on the severe-looking elf.


    Aura

    Here's the money (95gp) I owe you for the healing in the Sea Sprite. I didn't have enough until we got paid


    Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats

    Arradon Delgaran
    AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 18/18
    CMB: +1 CMD: 14

    Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
    Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +8
    Initiative: +5

    Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
    Hidden Blade: +1

    Feats: Blind-Fight

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Temporary items in possession: None
    Items not currently in possession: None
    Items depleted: None
    Last edited by ealt; Friday, 11th September, 2015 at 08:31 AM.

  8. #4668
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    7,987
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block GlassEye


    ° Friend+

    Jezz pushes back his chair to stand up after polishing off an ogre-sized breakfast. The legs screech against the floor and the poor farmer looks mortified. Nevertheless, he stands and looks around the room.

    "Last call! Gots a job to be done right away and I needs s'more folks to be doing some killin'. These little fellas be raidin' me farm and carried off me cow. I needs 'em extra-term, errr, kill't. I pays in good gold."

    He looks around hopefully then gathers up a bag and nods to the three around him: a blond fellow and two women.


    Spoiler:
    Hey! Just for clarity, this adventure is for Arradon, Aelspeth, Erin, Autumn, Kristia, and Barnibus.

    Post here if you want or you can just jump directly to the About a Cow game thread. Thanks!

  9. #4669
    Member
    Scout (Lvl 6)



    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Toms River, NJ
    Posts
    1,023
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block FrancisJohn


    ° Friend+
    Autumn Foxfire - Natural Mystic

    Autumn is relieved to by finally leaving the indoors, and follows Jezz outside.



    Mini-Stats

    Character Sheet

    HP: 16/16
    AC: 14 FF:12 T:12


    Initiative: +4


    CMB: 3 CMD: 15
    Fort: +2 Reflex: +2 Will: +4


    Perception: +9


    Longsword: +4, 1d8+2, 19/x2, S
    C. Longbow: +4, 1d8+2, 20/x3, P, 80 ft.
    Dagger: +3, 1d4+2, 19/x2, P/S, 10 ft.
    Fire Bolt: +3, 1d6+1, 20/x2, Touch 30 ft.


    Point-Blank Shot: +1/+1 attack/damage within 30 ft.


    Spells Prepared:
    Orisons: Create Water, Detect Magic, Light, Stabilize
    Level 1: Cure Light Wounds, Entangle, Obscuring Mist

  10. #4670
    Member
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwood, Indiana
    Posts
    425
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Block ealt


    ° Friend+

    Arradon Delgaran

    Finishing the repairs to his armor, Arradon straps it back on. Hearing the farmer's request he reaches into his belt pouch and feels his coinpurse. He mutters to himself, "A bit light, sounds like I can fix that though." He stands up and makes his way out the door to catch up with the farmer.


    Arradon Delgaran Mini-Stats

    Arradon Delgaran
    AC: 15 (12 flat-footed, 13 touch)
    HP: 18/18
    CMB: +1 CMD: 14

    Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +0
    Bluff: +9 Diplomacy: +7 Disable Device: +10 Perception: +7 Sense Motive: +4 Sleight of Hand: +7 Stealth: +8
    Initiative: +5

    Sneak Attack: 1d8 (Dagger) 1d4 (Hand Crossbow)
    Hidden Blade: +1

    Feats: Blind-Fight

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Temporary items in possession: None
    Items not currently in possession: None
    Items depleted: None

Similar Threads

  1. Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
    By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
    Replies: 3016
    Last Post: Monday, 2nd February, 2015, 03:20 PM
  2. New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
    By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
    Replies: 1006
    Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 03:02 AM
  3. Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
    By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
    Replies: 1014
    Last Post: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 05:14 PM
  4. Close LEB Tavern Thread
    By stonegod in forum Meta
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Tuesday, 7th August, 2007, 11:13 PM
  5. Tavern Tales ooc thread.
    By jasamcarl in forum Talking the Talk
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Friday, 23rd July, 2004, 03:27 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •