[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
Sweeping in to deliver substantial doses of drink to all those engaged in conversation, Marla gives each a full bottle of wine, freshly opened, and a flute to pour it into. Upon Francis John's self-introduction, the barmaid chuckles for a moment, then continues on her rounds keeping the Dunn Wright denizens refreshed.

Once nearly out of sight, Marla stopes to give the newcomer, Maenor, an extended second look. Curiousity satisfied, she continues back behind the bar.

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[section]Francis John, III - Self-Proclaimed Prince of All Halflings

"No apologies necessary my friend! Besides, many esteemed gentlemen and ladies got their 'start' here. Why I did myself!
" Francis takes a few pulls from his pipe and continues.

"First, I had to straighten out a fellow most crooked. Ended up having to break this thumbs in the end, the poor bastard. Oh, and most recently, I blinded a sea hag. I had the luck, pleasure, and honour of having Miss Tamarie and Sir Qalabash finish the wench off. Good times." The halfling pours another glass for Maenor.

"Perhaps one day we can go off together and save the world. HAHA!" The effects of Grog's awful libation is clearly still running it's course.

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

HP: 21/21

AC: 14 FF:12 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +3 (+2 Fear)

Initiative: +2

Bluff: +17
Perception: +10

Shortsword +3 d4+1
Light Crossbow +4 1d6

Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Adaptable Luck: 3/3

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Spark
Level 1: Hypnotism, Sleep

[sblock=Boots, Viper Familiar]
HP: 10/10

Initiative: 3
AC: 17 FF: 14 T:15
CMB: +1 CMD: 8
Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3

Melee: bite +3 (1d2-2)
Poison: Fort DC 9, 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 CON, cure 1 save

Climb: +16,
Stealth: +20
Swim: +16
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock]
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]
HP: 18/18

Initiative: 0

AC:
14 FF: 14 T:10
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1

Melee
: gore +4 (1d8+4)
Defensive Abilities: ferocity

Speed
: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)

Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Amber eyes look over the newest addition to the Dunn Wright Inn curiously. Panning back to Francis, then resting again upon Maenor, the songweaver finally speaks in a soft voice and exotic accent. "Pleasure to meet you, of course, Maenor. If it is a job you seek, this is the place, although it seems rather quiet right now and might be some time before anything comes along. Or, it could be in mere moments. I had barely stepped in the door when I got my first job here. Kobolds in the old Boar's Ridge ruin. Nearly lost two people on that one." She pauses a moment, thinking a moment, then concludes, "Not that I worry for you or wish to scare you off, of course."

Tamarie quietly pours herself a replacement glass of wine for the one she lost during Francis John's loss of containment. She swirls it, sniffs it, and seemingly convinced it is good, takes a sip. Nodding and setting it down, she asks, "So, Meanor, you implied you needed quite a sum of gold. Anything you'd like to talk about?" Picking the flute back up again, she looks through it at the white haired man, watching how the glass distorts his image.

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

Maenor lowers his goblet with a grimace and mutters to himself, "Apparently wine making is a lost art." Sighing, he pours himself another glass of wine. He looks at Tamarie and hesitates for a second before responding. "Before I tell my tale, a question if I may? How much do you know about the Golden Age of history?" Maenor's grey eyes study her face intently; his face takes on a serious expression.
[/section]

[sblock=Maenor Thandgur Mini-Stats]Maenor Thandgur
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 14 touch)
CMB: +0
CMD: 14

Fort: +3
Reflex: +3
Will: +3

Knowledge (Arcana): +7
Knowledge (History): +8
Perception: +2
Spellcraft: +7
Use Magic Device: +4

Arcane Pool: 4/4

Concentration: +6

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Temporary items in possession: None
Items not currently in possession: None
Items depleted: None
[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer

"Lord Maenor, before you regale us with tales of the gilded age, please tell me about your accent.... I simply cannot place it." Francis is honestly interested in the history, as well as bottoming out his wine glass.

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

Shortsword +3 d4+1
Light Crossbow +4 1d6

Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Adaptable Luck: 3/3

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Spark
Level 1: Hypnotism, Sleep

[sblock=Boots, Viper Familiar]

Initiative: 3
AC: 17 FF: 14 T:15
CMB: +1 CMD: 8
Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3

Melee: bite +3 (1d2-2)
Poison: Fort DC 9, 1/round for 6 rounds, 1d2 CON, cure 1 save

Climb: +16,
Stealth: +20
Swim: +16
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock]
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]
HP: 18/18

Initiative: 0

AC:
14 FF: 14 T:10
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1

Melee
: gore +4 (1d8+4)
Defensive Abilities: ferocity

Speed
: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)

Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash is distracted from answering Tamarie's question by the arrival of the newcomer, this Maenor Thandgur. He listens to the conversation flow around him before stepping in to answer Maenor's question.

"What do we know of the Golden Age? Vague tales and the like, at best. I've told quite a few, necessarily embellished, of course. There'd be little tale otherwise."
[/section]

[sblock=OOC]Just Qalabash's perspective; not any sort of official statement.[/sblock]
[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Qalabash Baram[/size] Human Staff Magus 4
Initiative: +1 Perception: -1

AC: 15 (11 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 15
HP: 38 Current: 38
CMB: +6; +8 Trip CMD: 17; 19 vs. Trip Fort: +6 Ref: +4 Will: +3

In Hand: quarterstaff
Conditions: none
Spells Prepared:
  • 2nd level (DC 15): Frigid Touch, Mirror Image
  • 1st level (DC 14): Blade Lash, Grease, Long Arm, Shocking Grasp
  • Orisons: Detect Magic, Light, Prestidigitation, Root
Special:
Concentration +7
Arcane Pool: 5/5 (+1 enhancement for 1 min.)

[size=+1]The Spotted Beast[/size], cat familiar
Initiative: +2 Perception: +5

AC: 16 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed) Current: 16
HP: 19 Current: 19
CMB: +? CMD: ? Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +5

In Hand: n/a
Conditions: none
[/sblock]

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

At Qalabash's interjection Maenor smiles a sad smile. "A pity. It was an age of many wonders, that only scraps survive is a tragedy." He takes another drink and looks into his glass while he swirls its contents. "Let me tell you a story from the Golden Age, I doubt it is one you've heard before, you may find it interesting." He reaches into his belt pouch and produces a fat platinum piece which he sets on the counter. At first glance it simply seems like any other coin, but upon closer inspection the writing is strange and unfamiliar; a man with an over-sized nose adorns the face of the coin.

Maenor gestures towards the coin, "There was a kingdom in the Golden Age that covered the area you know as the Landadel Baronies, this kingdom was ruled by a harsh but fair ruler. The lord had many sons and daughters, and each had their role." He produces three more coins from his pouch: one gold, one silver, and one copper. He lines them up with the first, each bears a face that strikingly resembles the man on the platinum coin. Maenor taps the gold coin, "The eldest son would one day become ruler, so he filled his days studying history, politics, and etiquette." He then taps the silver coin, "The son who proved themselves the most cunning would become the eldest brother's right-hand man, the High Vizier." He taps the last coin on the table, "The best strategist and combatant would become High General, leader of his eldest brother's armies." Maenor pauses a second, his eyes fixed on the copper coin, he shakes himself back to reality and continues.

"On the day that the ruler was to pass his crown to his eldest son something happened, something lost to the sands of time. Waves of energy washed through the capital city and consumed the ruler and his family, all save one." Maenor's look has become very grave, "I am the one who survived." He reads the inscription underneath the portrait on the copper coin, "Maenor Thandgur, Eighth son of Thandgur line, Heir to the Shield of Landellia."
[/section]

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
A moment passes after Meanor's story. Tamarie seems to start to speak, then holds back. Finally, she replies, "That's quite a story." She pauses again, looking at the coins, then Meanor, then Francis. "Please excuse me if I reserve a commitment on it. So, back to the story, you arrive here Venza, City of Glass," the woman flicks her wine flute with a finger producing a quiet ring to emphasize the description of Venza before continuing, "and create a plan of raising funding to pay wizards for some task. Is this what you're saying?"

ealt

Explorer
Maenor Thandgur

[section]

"Indeed so, Lady Tamarie. I seek funds to pay for research into history. The first thing I did when I arrived here was to find historical texts and study them in detail for any clues about what happened the day my family was killed. Alas, such records are extremely difficult to find. Therefore I endeavor to hire numerous researchers to pour through ancient texts and ruins in search of even a scrap that could tell me what happened, and perhaps even prevent it." He sets down his glass on the counter, "The second item I seek research into is the concept of time travel. If there is even a slim possibility of returning to my home, I would leap at such a chance; however, every mage I have spoken to has laughed off my request as the realm of pure fantasy. With enough coin I might be able to change their minds."
[/section]

Prepared Spells:
Cantrips (DC 13)
• Acid Splash
• Light
Level 1 (DC 14)
• Chill Touch

[/sblock]

FrancisJohn

Explorer

Francis interrupts with the loudest of belches, quite surprising consider his small halfling stature. "Time travel? I take all forms of modern payment. You see here, you drink one whole jug of Grog the Bartender's 'good stuff', and you wake up one day in the future!"

[/section]

[sblock=MiniStats]
Character Sheet

Shortsword +3 d4+1
Light Crossbow +4 1d6