[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

toasterferret

Explorer
Falkner nods a greeting to each of the newcomers in turn, before answering Anaerion's query

"It would seem that way. Theres been a bit more trouble in The Planks than is normal, and the White Cloaks are looking for help getting to the bottom of it."

Falkner turns to Borric and asks:

"Wizard Slayer is it? I'd like to hear that story sometime."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Holphin turns to his rapier-wielding companion."Semerly, yes? Hard to find, I wager. Well, you know as they say: Nelle botti piccine ci sta il vino buono!" Clearly a native himself, he turns to the bartender and winks.

Thinking for a moment, he whispers something to the bartender, then calls out, "Who'll join me in a bottle of Semerly?"

Gerald007

First Post
Syl turns toward the one that had identified himself as Falkner, hearing his question for his friend, Borric. "Yes, Borric, tell Falkner about the wizard you slayed. I can show him the trinkets you claimed after thrashing him. I was sort of pinned inside a building at the time, but what little I saw seemed quite impressive. Hopefully he can find another one to slay...I could use more neat items."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Holphin turns to his rapier-wielding companion."Semerly, yes? Hard to find, I wager. Well, you know as they say: Nelle botti piccine ci sta il vino buono!" Clearly a native himself, he turns to the bartender and winks.

Thinking for a moment, he whispers something to the bartender, then calls out, "Who'll join me in a bottle of Semerly?"

[sblock=translation???]
from what I copied:
Nelle botti piccine ci sta il vino buono

I fed to the google translator and got:
Dots in the barrels there is good wine

dots in the barrel? I think something has gotten lost in translation here. Plerase help![/sblock]

At the invitation to the exceedingly fine and very expensive wine, Vincenzo is quite taken aback at the invitation. he stammers for a second before he is able to answer, "S S S signore, that wine is way beyonda my monetary means. I wish to join you, I justa no havea that kind of money!"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury, male human bravo

Fury laughs. Things were definitely picking up, especially with the arrival of the brash warrior with all the weapons. To Anaerion Fury says, "Falkner has the right of it: dark doings in Planks. If you want to know more you should talk to Corporal Lorazzio there. Not sure how many more he's going to hire on as he already has the three of us." He motions towards himself, the gnomish woman, Zelena, and the human warrior who has named himself Amadeus Falkner.

"So, wizard-slayer, eh?"

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=translation???]
from what I copied:
Nelle botti piccine ci sta il vino buono

I fed to the google translator and got:
Dots in the barrels there is good wine

dots in the barrel? I think something has gotten lost in translation here. Plerase help![/sblock]

At the invitation to the exceedingly fine and very expensive wine, Vincenzo is quite taken aback at the invitation. he stammers for a second before he is able to answer, "S S S signore, that wine is way beyonda my monetary means. I wish to join you, I justa no havea that kind of money!"

[sblock=translation]
Nelle botti piccine ci sta il vino buono: Literally, "In the small barrels, you find the good wine." Figuratively, "Good things come in small packages."
[/sblock]

Holphin grins puckishly. "Ah, well, then, let's just make it a bottle of the house red and dream of Semerly, then, shall we?" With a nod to the barmaid, a jug is produced and the pouring commences.

The halfling turns to Vincenzo. "So, tell me, what brings you here? I hear this place had gotten quite popular with the out-of-town set."

zGio

First Post
The weak elf can hear his heart beating as fast as it possibly can
'Wizard Slayer?' - The elf asks to himself as he starts to drown on his own sweat.
"Hm" - He clears his throat as he gets closer to the barmaid.
"Excuse me, madam, could I have a cup of red wine?" - The elf hides his face from the Wizard-Slaying group as he takes a quick look around
"Not a good catch today, it is hard being a hunter these days..." - He bluffs

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
NPCing barmaid

The barmaid smiles at the young elven wizard and leaves to fill his order. When she returns she sees his look and knows right away he is trying to hard to act like most of the others. (Sense Motive = Auto Success)

"You know," she says quietly to Daugar. "If you wish to make a name for yourself there is a man hiring on in the back room."

She leaves the drink as others call her away.

[sblock=InVinoVeritas] Could use another if you wish Holphin to "overhear" the barmaid. [/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Human Male Fighter

Borric guffaws and slaps Syl on the back, "Yeah, you got some trinkets out of it. But you make a down right good combat medic, mate."

He pours some wine for the others at the table from the amphora and he sets it on the table to free his hands. He replies to Fury, "Damn straight, I am a wizard slayer! Ya know, I never did finish telling that tale of my eye neither, Fury. But I can do that after I sign on with this job the corporal is offering. I am just the sort to go bashing in skulls in those slums. All in the name of the law, don't you know."

Borric emphasizes the point slamming his fist down into his open palm. He pulls out his flail to use as a prop for the begins the tale, "So we are helping some fool that almost let his soul get eaten by a hound from the nether regions, if it weren't for us. The along comes this dumb nutter, an old man with a disposition of screwing over his loved ones to save his own worthless hide, decides he needs to take our reward away to kill his grandson."

"So after a short palaver, the feces-brained mage tries to take it by force. I swear there was crackling energy around the necrophiliac's hands as I knocked him on his orge-raped ass and proceeded to bash his worthless brains into the dirt."

Borric is using his free hand to make rude gestures regarding the failed negotiation and swinging the spiked ball of the flail around with the other, before crashing it down on the tabletop in a reenactment that has all the ale mugs bouncing and sloshing drink.

"He had some scumbag, back stabber that was talking a good game, but hiked up his lady bloomers to runaway after the mage's brains adorned my flail. But before he got too far, I managed to
put the pillow biter down too."

With his warcry, the head of his flail backhands the chair he was sitting in knocking it over to the floor drawing the attention of several onlookers.

"But I cannot take all the credit on that one since Iosef softened him up for me. Pity, there weren't no buxom lasses to see my heroics. No matter, the night court ladies listen to your bragging and give you your money's worth just the same."

"I think the title 'wizard-slayer' has a nice ring to it. Better than 'boisterous bunghole' anyway. What about you Falkner? Earned yourself a nickname yet?"

OOC: Going to check in on the other thread, but I think we have more RP to do here yet.

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=translation]
Nelle botti piccine ci sta il vino buono: Literally, "In the small barrels, you find the good wine." Figuratively, "Good things come in small packages."
[/sblock]

Holphin grins puckishly. "Ah, well, then, let's just make it a bottle of the house red and dream of Semerly, then, shall we?" With a nod to the barmaid, a jug is produced and the pouring commences.
Vincenzo finishes his glass of what he had before and holds it to the jug to be refilled

"Gratzie!"

The halfling turns to Vincenzo. "So, tell me, what brings you here? I hear this place had gotten quite popular with the out-of-town set."

Holding the glass to the Halfling he says, "Evviva! I wuza born here.What bringsa you here, to my finea city?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases