[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Holphin laughs with Vincenzo. "I'm sure you were born here, as was I. The good manners, they show. But I was speaking about the Dunn Wright Inn. It's become a port of call for those from abroad, but it's much less of a hangout for the locals."

Holphin sips his wine. "As for myself, I have heard that this place has become as a central market for field work. I study the far reaches of reality, and it has become apparent that travel and experiences are key for me to be able to learn more about these places--they must be seen, felt, instead of simply read about in texts..."

The halfling's voice trails off as he reaches into his pocket to handle his locket. He opens the spring case, and inside Vincenzo can see intricate workings, gears and hands carefully rotating in unison. He closes his locket and returns it to its home. He looks around at the nervous elf, the barmaid, and then back to Vincenzo. "But I fear we must cut our local reunion short. Please, enjoy the wine and company, but there is business to attend to. In bocca al lupo!"

Holphin hops off his stool and heads over to the back room.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] I now have 6 players so my game is currently full. Sorry jackslate45. Can't believe we have what 5 or 6 games going and still need more :D That is great. [/sblock]

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Don't sell us short HM, I make it 7 active games.

[sblock=LPF Games]

1. Crab a la king
  2. Bats in the Belfry
  3. The Green Faerie
  4. The Sunken Temple
  5. Little Rock of Horrors
  6. One Night in Palazzo Dannato
  7. A Soul Indiscretion[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Borric Hawkins, Male Human Fighter

Borric shrugs and refills the mugs for Syl, Fury, and Anaerian, "No more drink, eh? Suit yourself. Not the right life being a guardsman, huh? Cannot say I blame you. To make any decent coins, you probably have to get yourself on the graft and then risk being caught."

"Much better to go looking for treasure and slaying monsters for money. Then you can afford the services of the ladies of the night. No need to settle tussling with some fat barmaid looking to get herself knocked up."

Swash1.jpg
Borric Hawkins

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The door again opens and a middle aged half-elf, plainly travel-worn and breathing somewhat hard, limps in. He makes his way quickly to the bar and orders a small beer. Once his breathing slows and his thirst is quenched he beckons the bartender over. A whispered conversation ensues . . . some money can be seen changing hands and the bartender subtly gestures at several patrons.

The half-elf limps over to the 'Stump' and climbs laboriously up. "Ladies and gentlemen . . . excuse me . . . ah, that's better!" The man has a performer's voice - well trained, and pitched to carry easily across the noisy taproom without strain. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm looking for a few adventurous sorts - four, to be exact - interested in earning the gratitude of an entire town. And some measure of pay as well. Interviews will begin immediately in the back room. There is some urgency to this opportunity, so if you believe you might be interested please join me within the next quarter hour."

His announcement completed, the man makes his way off the Stump and into one of the Dunn Wright's many business rooms.

[sblock=Recruiting: Crypt of the Everflame]Recruiting four players, no more than one of which may be 2nd level. This is a full length module that will take players from 0 XP to 3rd level (probably fairy well into third level with time XP). There are some pretty tough encounters in this one, so we'll RP a bit in the 'Business Room' to get a good party sorted out before we start in earnest.

If you're interested, RP your character to the back room and join us here: [LPF] Crypt of the Everflame (01).[/sblock]

OOC: And that makes eight!

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"My good sirs, i think i hear a call to honor and duty!" Vincenzo removes himself from the bar and heads after the the call to arms.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
Corporal Lorazzio stands, hitches his trousers up and calls out,

"Right I needs to be done 'ere. So if yer comin' lets be off. So Miss Gnome, Flailey the Wizard Slayer, Captain Quitsey, Planks Fury, Scorpionman, and um, you there - the big scruffy one."
He says pointing in turn at Zelena, Borric, Amadeus, Fury, Sylvain and the Duke in turn. "If you dain't want to come dain't, but golds gold, and old guff fer brains is offerin' enough of it te make it worth yer while."

[sblock=A Soul Indiscretion]Recruitment closed.[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
The half-elf limps over to the 'Stump' and climbs laboriously up. "Ladies and gentlemen . . . excuse me . . . ah, that's better!" The man has a performer's voice - well trained, and pitched to carry easily across the noisy taproom without strain. "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm looking for a few adventurous sorts - four, to be exact - interested in earning the gratitude of an entire town. And some measure of pay as well. Interviews will begin immediately in the back room. There is some urgency to this opportunity, so if you believe you might be interested please join me within the next quarter hour."

His announcement completed, the man makes his way off the Stump and into one of the Dunn Wright's many business rooms.
With a bow and a swift good luck as his newly found friends depart on their adventure, Anaerion steps up and makes his way off, following the preformer off into the back room.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"That's our cue, ladies and gentlemen. Time to earn some of that gold." Fury pushes back from the table and follows the corporal out of the Dunn Wright Inn.

Remove ads