[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] Great to have you all here. I would pass out some XP but I am at my 24 hour limit. :( Hmm... seems to be three of you and three spots in Mowgli's game, looks like the Dice Gods are being kind. :D[/sblock]

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah

Cethyn-Ayah nods to the barmaid with s sharp jerk of his head "Awk all meat is good meat to this one." he says before acknowledging the man who addressed him.

"Sit yes!. You may refer to this one as Cethyn-Ayah. Have you stories to share for meat and cider?"

Looking up as the man in the horned helm enters.
"Work! Yes cider and meat and stories and work that's what this one seeks." He then announces.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Elenka, Human female Summoner

The door to the Dunn Wright Inn opens again, this time with a thud as it swings open a bit too far. A large man, crudely carved from a massive block of oak with the soft golden sheen of age, enters the bar preceded by the large, iron-bound chest that he easily grasps within extremely large hands stained with some dark, cracking varnish of some sort. The creature's exquisitely leaf-carved face, the only finely carved thing about him, shifts unnaturally into a scowl.

"Do not argue with me, 'zonkya," he says in a deep, mellifluous voice. "I will carry the chest, as I have done since our lack of coin has prevented the hiring of servants for you."

As the creature moves through the bar surprisingly avoiding bashing any of the patrons with corners of the chest, a young woman moves along behind him. The girl is barely five feet tall if even that and thin. Her skin is porcelain pale and her hair is a deep, dark red. Emblazoned upon her forehead and also upon that of the wooden man is an icy looking rune, radiating a chill light. Also drawing the eye is a large, blackened steel terbutje with razor sharp teeth. It hangs from the girl’s waist.

The two move through the room, speak to the bartender and take a key from him before disappearing upstairs.

----

A while later the young woman comes back downstairs without her unnatural wooden servant or icy rune but still bearing the nasty looking weapon. She crosses to the bar and sits but doesn't order anything. Swiveling in her chair she watches the room for a bit before speaking. "Drevezh…" She breaks off and sighs, as if she was speaking to her companion and then realized he wasn't still with her.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Marla happens to be walking by as the Tengu croaks out his desire for work.

"Well, there's a half-elf fella in the back room there, said he's looking for some muscle to help him out. He's got a couple of takers already, but I think the interviews are still open."

Satin Knights

First Post
"Oh." Turning to the cat, "Stay here, guard the backpack, and be nice to that girl." as he points her out. "She might bring you some food if you are a nice kitty." He places five silver pieces on the bar between the bowls, and then goes gallivanting off into the back room.

The cat looks at the empty bowl in front of him. Then, looks around the room at all the strangers. Then looks back at his bowl patiently.

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah

Sticking his beak into the flagon of cider rather than lifting it from the table Cethyn-Ayah noisily slurps at it's contents. He seems to be about to do the same to the cuts of meat before pausing and looking curiously at the cutlery on the table, then at the others in the bar before slowly lifting a fork and looking at it from every angle he can.

After doing this for a short time he lets loose a somewhat truimphant "Awkk!" and looks pleased with himself as he begins to eat with the fork. "Hmmm werk" he mumbles not having finished his mouthful yet. "Thif one be gettim werk but first waits for murder."

GlassEye

Adventurer
The young woman with the dark red hair watches with fascination as the Tengu eats. "I am not understanding... You are waiting for your self to be murdered?" She looks confused with a slight furrow of the brow (and an intent gaze in the Tengu's direction).

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah

"Murfered?"

He replies before swallowing a large lump of meat. "Awkk yes this one seeks murder but he must wait for Git-Git before he can. This one not sure he can make murder with non-tengu will try though if Git-Git not arrive soon."

He looks at the young woman intently. "Awkk do you seek murder?"

Satin Knights

First Post
Kalgor and Gragnor

The burly man in black armor returns, catching the attention of the barmaid. "Dear, could we have our food in the back? I might be taking that gentleman's offer of work." Then he goes to collect his backpack, mug and silver, leaving the bowls to be filled. "Come on. We will get you some food soon."

The cat looks perturbed, but jumps down from his stool. Following his master, he looks up at the birdman and develops a slight grin.

The burly man makes a detour towards the tengu. "Would you like me to inform the gentleman in back that you are interested in his offer of work? I assume you want to finish your meal first." Turning towards the lady, "And m'lady, would you and the tree trunk be interested as well?"

After getting their replies to relay, he leads his grumbling cat towards the back room.

Mahorfeus

First Post
Bozzago the Brisk, Tengu Rogue

The tavern door opened once again, yet this time, only by the slightest of cracks. An ebony beak cautiously protruded from the opening, soon followed by Bozzago's hooded head. The bird-man's beady amber eyes scanned the busy establishment, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

My, my, awwwfully packed today, isn't it?

Bozzago cocked his head to the side, before finally opening the door all the way and slipping into the tavern, letting it shut behind him. Finding an empty table in the place proved nigh impossible, so the Tengu simply opted to hang around by the counter, contemplating on how he could put his skills to good use, and whether a swig of a nice brandy would improve or deter his thinking process.

Remove ads