[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Vistarius

First Post
The tension eased, Git-Git would offer a small smile, if Tengus can smile.

"Yes, we have both been trained from an early age to use a variety of swords. I prefer this one I picked up somewhere along the way." Gesturing towards the falcatta on his side.

"Like the Elven blade, it's fast and cuts deep. I'm not one to put myself needlessly in the front lines with a bigger foe than me, at least not without a few tricks up my sleeve."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The talk of swords turns vincenzos head, generating a slight wince from the pain of what ever scuffel he had gotten into ealier. He listens intently as he continues to eat and drink.

Mahorfeus

First Post
Amidst all this talk of swordplay, Bozzago subtly adjusted his own weapon on his belt - a rare and deadly Aldori dueling sword. It required a great deal of finesse to use correctly - much like Cethyn-Ayah's curve blade and Git-Git's falcata. Like many Tengu, he was easy to flatter, particularly when it was his swordsmanship that was being praised. Nonetheless, he did quite the good job of hiding his pride.

"Your words are kind, but there is no single style of swordplay among the Tengu - only the philosophy that all swords are the same, yet different, and different yet the same."

It sounded like a paradoxical statement, but the meaning held truth - if the three Tengu at the table were to exchange their blades, their combat ability would likely not diminish in the slightest.

Scott DeWar

to the tengu, the human says after clearing the food from his mouth, "if you can learn one sword, you can leaarn any, but learn it you must."

galahad0430

First Post
Gregori looks closer at Bozzago's blade.

" I see you favor my style of blade. And here I thought mine was one of a kind."

"I too prefer speed and precision over the hapless flailing about most others do with their heavier blades."

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah

"This one's tribe believes the many swords are reflections of the One sword. We master the One sword and through that the many are mastered aawk." He waves to Marla for another round of cider for the Tengu table before speaking to the newcomer at the bar. "Did this one here you are seeking to learn of the sword and were fighting with your clan? We would be interested in hearing the story and can fix your hurts if you would like."

Scott DeWar

He waves to Marla for another round of cider for the Tengu table before speaking to the newcomer at the bar. "Did this one here you are seeking to learn of the sword and were fighting with your clan? We would be interested in hearing the story and can fix your hurts if you would like."
"Hmmm? Oh, Fighting with, .. .. .. Oh, but I am from this fine and fair of cities. The master I learn from, he teaches here. As for fighting with my clan, no, rather for my clan.

You see, it was a matter of honor, and I didn't really get to fight my best as it was fists only and no swords. It was a matter of family honor and I feels it was more of a politico set up then anything else. I was just returning from this fight as I was called upon by my family as the champion to defend the honor of my sister. My injuries are purely superficial. The story behind the fight is not spectacular and the fight it self was almost as embarrassing to fight this opponent as it was for him to have lost it."

He shakes his head in disbelief, "No, sorry, no spectacular story here, I am afraid."

It is quite apparent that he speaks the truth about his injuries as you now notice that the swelling around his eye seems a bit decreased and his lip almost not swollen at all.

Vistarius

First Post
The Tengu witch fell silent as he went into thought and listened to their talk of swords. Swords were perhaps simply a gateway to him, a gateway into more powerful and brutal styles. With the magic at his command, he was fairly certain he could overpower creatures less fragile than himself.

"You do seem hurt, but your wounds will heal. The old Tengu saying is true: Lost feathers are not badges of courage, but of knowledge and growth. You say you have no story, but I believe everyone does. Of course, mine has yet to be told."

He lets out a squak for emphasis, and takes another drink of cider with his beak.

sunshadow21

Explorer
A frazzled looking, reasonably well dressed gnome peers into the tavern, and seeing that it may finally be the place he was looking for, he walks in, takes a look around, and walks up to the barkeep. "Excuse me, good sir, but I was told by the local guards that this was the place to go to look for assistance. I only hope that you can provide better helpers than my last ones turned out to be."

[sblock=recruitment]I am opening up recruitment for A Merchant in Need of Assistance. The adventure will begin sometime Monday, so take your time talking the the flustered gnome. Characters with 0 XP and no alternate egos (i.e. a player's first character) get preference as there are a lot of new folks around. Please be gentle if you get accepted as this is quite literally the first time I've ever tried DMing.[/sblock]

Bertious

First Post
Cethyn-Ayah

"Aawwk! Work! This one would like work yes! This one hopes his brother Tengu also will work but either way he is happy to help." Looking around the room at the others he continues. "Would gnome like meat and cider while he waits? Maybe he can tell us story of why he needs help but this one thinks that normally done in other room."

Remove ads