[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Again Fury hesitates. The idea of this Red Hand Society has captured his imagination and gives him, like the sorcerer Nathan did with his open friendliness, an unlooked for hope but he has learned over hard years not to trust. Quietly he approaches the odd half-orc and points to a spot on the left breast of his leather armor. "Here."

GlassEye

Adventurer
[size=+2]>BANG!<[/size]

The hub-bub of comings and goings and the rumble of continual conversations are abruptly stilled as a door leading to the kitchens flies open and into the wall with a resounding crash. Hinges torque and the door hangs slightly askew. A man, big boned and meaty to the point of plumpness and dressed in the plain, tan over-tunic of the kitchen staff of the Dunn Wright, exits the kitchen. The thicket of the man's blond hair is almost tamed by a slick of oil and those nearest detect a not-so-faint smell of fishes. He is red-faced and yelling and his thick accent clearly identifies him as someone foreign to Venza.

"I need zee frog!" His eyes roll in exasperation. "Zee season of zee golden mushroom is upon us and I have no frog!" He extends one hand, palm up. "I have zee rare mushroom." He extends the other hand, also palm up. "I have zee pepper which I shall make into exquisite, sweet Ocallo sauce. But I have no frog!" He sighs loudly and theatrically. "I must have zee leg of frog or zee dish is lost."

A jumble of sibilant whispers rise and can be heard throughout the room.
"Who is that madman?"
"…Zitteaux..."
"…dueled a man over a potgirl…"
"…that's the chef…"
"…masterful! It was the best I’ve ever tasted…"

The chef clears his throat loudly and holds up a hand. "I am Zitteaux and must make zee apologies for zee disturbance. Zee fishers, zey do not bring me what I ask. Zey bring me twinkle-fish and krope. I have zee gold. If someone should bring me zee frog from your stinky-marsh zen we exchange zee bags of frog for gold."

[sblock=OOC]Recruiting 4-5 for Frog Hunt, a brief adventure in the marshes just outside the city.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath (Human Monk)

"Maybe I can help." Ta says. Then he adds a little bit lower voice to the half-rc sorcerer: "Better than just waiting here. Making the world better a step at a time."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli turns to Fury. Quietly, with a smile, he places his hand on Fury's breast and responds, "Welcome to the Red Hand Society."

With Zitteaux's commotion, Kanli grins broadly and responds, "Aha! Bags of frog! Why, we shall fill our bags with all manner of frogs, and you shall have your dish!"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Zitteaux gives Ta-am-ath a bearish hug nearly squeezing the breath from him and kisses him soundly on both cheeks. In something resembling a whisper though still loud enough to be heard throughout most of the room Zitteaux says, "My good man, someone has played zee most horrible of jokes upon you! Zey have put zee redness of hands upon your head!" He waggles a finger in the direction of the mark of the Red Hand on Ta-am-ath's head.

Zitteaux goes to greet Kanli in the same way but the half-orc's otherworldly stare halts him in his tracks. The big man flounders a moment before giving Kanli a bow abbreviated by the big man's over-sized stomach. "I have much respects for zee philosophizer. Especially if he brings me zee frogs!" He grins and claps his hands together like he does everything else: loudly.

"Excellent! Zat is two, any others like to exchange zee frog for my gold? Zee stinky-marsh is not so bad, eh? Zee leeches, zey peel right off."

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Nathan starts at the turbulent entrance of the wall of a chef, and find himself so stunned at the sight of the large, angry man looking for gourmet ingredients that it takes him a moment to respond. He bites his lip briefly, wondering aloud, "Do I have to get the tattoo if I help with this little hunt? It's just, I think it's generally a good idea to avoid distinguishing marks. Not that there's anyone looking for me, but if they were ... you understand."

((OOC: There's already a sorcerer in the party, so if there are enough people interested to fill the other niches, I'll keep Nathan out. If not, then sign him up. ;) ))

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
((OOC: I WOULD sign Elros Up, but he is not approved and I cannot put him on the wiki yet, soon, though. maybe I'll get him in on time and approved))

OOC: My apologies for that, GM. I meant to get him porter and looked over (by me, at least) but my condo's lost it's Internet access and using my phone for anything more than simple posting is too laborious/frustrating.

Truly, the Wiki sheet's easy to use, and I did get Elros' sheet set up before I lost access. If you go to the Wiki and do a search for his sheet you can then edit in the info ('Edit Page' then click the 'Source' button in the upper right & put his info in.) You can look at the other approved characters for examples.

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
((OOC: NP Mowgli, I should do it myself anyway. here goes! He is in the RG here, BTW, I will wikify him now. Thank you, everyone, for bearing with me.))

Sort of EDIT::
Elros asks the Half-Orc to mark him on his upper left shoulder,

"I'll help look for Frogs, After all, how hard can it be? and I know these parts better than most do." Elros says with a smile "Just give me a minute to get ready" he asks as he checks himself over.

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]
A healer or another character with 'wilderness' skills would be beneficial (but not required).

@jkason: Thanks for your willingness to wait! I'm willing to take five characters so you can be involved in the adventure whether someone with a character that fits the characteristics above shows interest or not.

@GandalfMithrandir: Elros would be a good fit for this little excursion; go ahead and get him involved. I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem to get him looked over at least once before we get started. I wasn't aware that he was ready yet but now that I know I'll check him out and hopefully we can get his approval taken care of soon.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases