[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jkason

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
A healer or another character with 'wilderness' skills would be beneficial (but not required).

@jkason: Thanks for your willingness to wait! I'm willing to take five characters so you can be involved in the adventure whether someone with a character that fits the characteristics above shows interest or not.

@GandalfMithrandir: Elros would be a good fit for this little excursion; go ahead and get him involved. I'm sure it shouldn't be a problem to get him looked over at least once before we get started. I wasn't aware that he was ready yet but now that I know I'll check him out and hopefully we can get his approval taken care of soon.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Nathan's Heavenly Fire bloodline power can actually provide minor healing (1d4), but it only works on good-aligned creatures. Darn neutrals. :p [/sblock]

Vertexx69

First Post
This tiny sprout of a girl, built like a stiff breeze would blow her over, walks into the tavern. She is all swagger and pointy bits as she heads strait up to the bar. Her long, strait white-blonde hair is held back from her pretty face by a delicate set of mirrored spectacles, which are held to her nose by a pair of silver combs keeping every hair in place above her slendor, pointed ears. The scandalous leather armor she wears is a mottled gray and white, and studded with bits of teeth, claw and stone beads, dipping low and cutting deep in all the right places to allow for both maximum range of motion and revealing her slender limbs and ample cleavage. All of Willow's varied weapons are as slender yet sturdy as their owner, full of subtle curves in their smooth lines. A testament to the girl's Elven ancestry, just as much as the point of her ears are. "I Willow Whitemane. Looking for stiff drink and paying client." Little more than a child, her bravado and confidence makes the bartender blink a couple times before starting to pour her a drink.

OOC - I just finished my druid on the wiki, and have posted her link to the Character generation discussion is to post the sheet for approval: here's a link to her Willow Whitemane. Her main claims being 4 attacks per round between her and her tiger, and a +13 perception modifier to go with her +10 to survival.

Last edited:

Songdragon

Explorer
The young priestess looks at the cook and then too all those jumping at the chance to hunt not fearsome beasts, but mere frogs. She shakes her head and replies, "Sorry, but I will have to pass on fetching some culinary delight that you might have in mind."

((ooc: Sorry, really hard to see Zelenna jumping at a chance to catch frogs for some food dish.))

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
Elros only glances up at Willow as she walks in. then looks again at the young elven woman. Seeing traces of his mothers face in the young half-elfs face. I'll be right back" he says as he walks over to the young half-elf, "Willow, what are you doing here? I thought you were with Mother?" he asks, slightly shocked at seeing his sister here, they were separated at a young age by their parents, to protect them from Elven raiding mobs intent on vengeance against the people who brought shame to the elven city.

Vertexx69

First Post
The young druid is a bit surprised to hear her name spoken with familiarity as the drink is slid into place in front of her. She glances in the direction of the half elven man that is crossing the room toward her, her ice-blue eyes appearing over the tops of her mirrored glasses are . "Who you to talk bout mother? She been dead close ten year. Only family now sits outside with fish breath." She starts getting all puffed up and defensive as the fighter looks hard at her delicate features.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Zee culinary is all!" declares Zitteaux to Zelena.

The big man looks like he is ready to begin a tirade on the subject but becomes mesmerized as he sees Willow enter the Inn and walk to the bar. Oblivious to the scene unfolding between Elros and Willow he makes a sweeping bow, somewhat thwarted by his rotundity, and addresses the female half-elf. "Ah, it would delight me to be zee client you seek. If catching of zee frog is not beneath you, join zee gentlemen, zee saviors of my kitchen!" He beams at the gathered adventurers then makes shoo-ing motions with his fingers towards the dockside door. "Go! Go! Zee dish waits for no man! And tell zee watermen Zitteaux sent you."

GandalfMithrandir

First Post
side note to every one else watching this, we have already worked out that this will happen (vertexx69) at least the being related part, I'm not bugging him without warning.

@ Willow:

Elros noticeable crumples when he hears the news Willow spoke. He looks down at his drink, nods his agreement to the cook and continues. "Willow, you are not the only child your mother had with your father. When I was born, your mother was living in a small elven village. However, when I was born of a human, your mother and I were banished from the village and almost killed before we escaped. However the elves did not stop when they drove us off, they continued to hunt us as I grew up, eventually you were born. when the elven hunters began to get closer to us, our mother decided it was safer to separate us, so if we were caught, the other might live. I left 10 and a half years ago, Willow, I am your brother." Elros says, looking into Willows eyes.

Vertexx69

First Post
Willow steps away from the bar and right into the personal space of the much larger fighter. Her eyes widen with a combination of rage and confusion while the edges of her pouting lips take a decidedly downward turn. She sniffs at Elros a couple times and slowly her scowl becomes a smile as she places her hand way up on his scale-covered shoulder. "Think remember you from when llittle. Where you go? Was alone in jungle for long time after mother die in fire." She takes her petite hand from her brother and gives him a nod toward the bar. She grabs her drink off the wide polished wood bar looking at the bertender gives him a nod as she taps her tankard.

The monumentous news of a living family member is obviously escaping Willow's full grasp as her attention is drawn to the giant chef. "Frog in jungle kill with touch. That type frog you want? Strong poison not good to eat. Good for use to make weapon hurt more though." She looks at those assembled for the hunt, pausing a moment on each one. "I go with, so not die."

She turns back to Elros, her gaze once more hidden behind mirrors. "Glad not dead. Talk more when get back from hunt if here still." She drains her frothy beverage and drops a silver on the bar before joining the others preparing to hear details about the impending frog hunt. She pulls a tiny signal whisel from a pouch and blows into it gently, though it makes no sound audible to the people in the tavern and drops it back where she got it from. A young white tiger, in barding nearly indentical to her own comes padding through the swinging doors and right up next to the girl, sitting on her leather-booted foot causing her to wince ever so subtly. "Boon come too, very good hunters both."

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
I think that Nathan and Kanli are different enough as sorcerers that we would still be able to adventure together and not crowd out the spellcaster role. I think that the quintet of Ta-Am-Ath, Kanli, Nathan, Elros, and Willow would work well for this adventure.
[/sblock]

As Elros heads over to speak with Willow, Kanli waits a moment. Appearing lost in the pattern of his red hands, the half-orc ends his reverie, and approaches the pair of half-elves.

Kanli places a hand on Elros' upper left shoulder. "Elros," the golden half-orc begins, "we are about ready to go. Both you and Willow would be most welcome. Let us celebrate the rebuilding of family over a feast of frogs."

As Kanli takes his hand away, a red palmprint remains on Elros' upper left shoulder.

Vertexx69

First Post
Williow looks confused again for the second time in as many minutes. She puts looks closely at her brothers shoulder and the red mark that now resides there. "Hurt? Not found frogs yet but hurt already?" Her apparent aggitation causes Boon to lower his head ever so slightly as a low, rumbling growl issues from his throat, that causes the hairs on the back of everyone's neck in earshot to raise uncontrollably.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases