[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Yes. Loud, incessant, argumentative, and just plain annoying voices that claim they are spirits of old warriors, or some such nonsense, that saved me from death and freed me from my chains so that I may reach my full potential as a warrior. Lots of other gibberish along that line along with all these strange chants and rituals they keep talking about that supposedly harness the divine energy that infuses the world. They have been going on for a few months now and I am finding that the only way to get a good night's sleep is to be knocked unconscious." Ausk shakes his head at the mere thought of the puzzling conversations going on inside his head, though he seems more puzzled than perturbed by them.

Shayuri

First Post
Maia quietly asks the bartender for some water, and pays the recommended cost in copper that she remembers from her last time here. Then she listens and watches the others display and speak of their powers. At the fire wizard's display, she brightens and claps her hands as is appropriate for a person appreciating an impressive public display.

"I can't do anything like that," she admits. "I can use...well...I can pull on the threads of fate. Heal wounds. That kind of thing."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"Handy to have, I can heal Aressa, but for the rest of you my healing's about as useful as a beard in The Harran." He leans across the bar, "Hey Marla can I get another vodka? Thanks, you are a gem of purest hue."

He holds up the small cup to the Aasimar, "You should try this Maia it will taste horrible, but make you feel warm and then giddy. Its pretty enjoyable, so long as you don't drink too much - which for you would be anymore than this I would guess - and make sure you think about all your decisions twice." He grins, "Though honestly I just go with the flow myself, gets me into all kinds of interesting trouble."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari Kalikasan (and Tagaiwi)

"I am a Druid, in fact . . . Pari Kalikasan, priest of Kavan." The gnome nods at the tiger keeping himself warm by the fireplace. "My friend Tagaiwi and I can hold our own in a fight. I'm still pretty low on the totem pole in the priesthood, but I can supplement my fighting with a little nature magic even so."

He turns to Garnet once his introduction to Izzik is finished. "Well, so far I've been able to find work every time I've come in here. It's the 'go to' place in Venza, I guess."

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
"It must be nice to have a companion that can't talk." Izzik replies wistfully, earning himself a glower from Aressa. "I am glad you can fight, because I could not punch my way out of a wet paper bag. Though Aressa is pretty handy."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
"It must be nice to have a companion that can't talk." Izzik replies wistfully, earning himself a glower from Aressa. "I am glad you can fight, because I could not punch my way out of a wet paper bag. Though Aressa is pretty handy."

Pari winks good naturedly. "Yep, I count my blessings every day. No telling what the overgrown tabby would reveal if he could make himself understood."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
St. Ulthar's Medallion

OOC: Again, sorry for the hold up. On the plus side, it looks like everyone's recovered but me. Let's see if we can fast track this a bit.

Muzdum, Le Jubb, and Draug (OOC: I think) sit at the table with the half-elf Alvise Biaggio. Biaggio, a frog hunter-trapper, tells a somewhat coherent tale of how he was recently hunting in the bogs near the Iparoc Mounds when a lone goblin ambushed him. Biaggio killed the goblin and acquired a small medallion.

Said medallion is time-worn. The front bears the stamped image of a man standing in a boat.

Biaggio opines that where there's one goblin, there's bound to be more, and that the creatures may have set up a lair in one of the area's many burial mounds.

"Unpleasant creatures," Biaggio says about goblins. "Bound to end up being a real nuisance if they've set up camp in the area."

[sblock=Everyone at the Table]
Let's toss out some Knowledge (geography), Knowledge (history), Knowledge (local), and/or Knowledge (religion) checks regarding Biaggio's tale and the medallion.
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases