[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
An exceptionally small and well-dressed halfling quietly enters the establishment, and heads off to the corner to relax, away from the Red Hand table.

Meanwhile, at the Red Hand table, the half-orc begins his tale. "So you wish to know about the Red Hand? Good, curiosity feeds the bear! The Red Hand Society is a group of concerned and dedicated individuals from all walks of life, devoted to the cause of making the world a better place. Some of us function secretly, from the shadow world, and some of us wear the symbol openly. I, as you may guess, am one of the overt, indeed, founding members." He holds up his hands, dyed a brilliant crimson. Something appears to move or shift beneath his cloak.

"The Red Hand is a symbol from orcish society. Red is the color of life and creation. The hand is a tool of versatility. We celebrate life, and our deeds are myriad. Our agents are constantly on the lookout for promising recruits. I am glad the calendar weavers brought you to this place, today. Perhaps we can provide you with the society you are seeking."

He looks around to the gathered. "What would you wish to bring?"

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I must commune with the Stormlords before I commit to anything, as I have already agreed to aid them in spreading their word, however, it does sound like your goals are quite similar to theirs. Is there a regular contact here that I can get a hold of should they concur that their path corresponds with yours sufficiently enough?"Quillian nods in approval to the half-orcs explanation of the group. Belatedly remembering his manners, "I am Quillian, lately of the sea, but recently called by the Stormlords to aid their flock and spread their word to those unfortunate enough to have not yet heard it."

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem also refuses, "Now don't get me wrong, I'm quite interested in your group and what it does, but well... I just got here and don't believe it to be very proper just to start signing up for secret organizations until I get settled. Also, I travel quite a bit. Not sure that I'm membership material and all, as I may be around one week, and gone the next few."

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The half-orc offers his hand to Quillian. "Quite honored to meet you, I am Kanli."

Kanli laughs heartily. "Indeed, many approach the Red Hand with caution. I myself have watched many who wonder where my hands may end up next." He stops and looks around. "That sounds dirtier than it should. Anyway, I myself travel far and wide, finding help in the most unlikely of places. I even have a goddess to advise me, as well. The Stormlords would be welcome to join the chorus. So, for a traveler or a preacher, the Red Hand will provide benefits."

"However, if anyone would wish to learn more or find a central repository for information, look no further than this table." He slams his hand down on the table for emphasis. "Whenever our members find ourselves here, here is where we sit. And speak with the establishment's cook, the fine Grand Master Chef Zitteaux. He is also a member, and can prepare the finest frog's legs ever possible." With another hand he makes a kissing motion in satisfaction. "Indeed, his culinary masterpieces make him a most welcome member, for a grand masterpiece of a meal certainly makes this a better world, does it not?" He shakes another hand in the air in triumph for emphasis.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Frog legs, you say? Perhaps I shall try some as ponder your words as I wait to see what sort of task the wind blows in through the door." With that, Quillian excuses himself and returns to the bar, ordering some more rum and some frog legs from the bartender as he reseats himself there.

Aldern Foxglove

First Post
OOC: Worst case scenario I will be running a 1st level adventure in a couple of weeksish when Beggar's Belief wraps up. Hopefully one will come along long before that...

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
St. Ulthar's Medallion

OOC: Let's try this again. :) Players with 1st-level PCs, I've got a dungeon-crawl/investigation scenario ready to go.

Gossip spreads quickly through the Dunn Wright. Grizzled, drunk frog hunter Alvise Biaggio has supposedly returned from the bogs with a tale of goblins setting up shop, so to speak, within one of the Iparoc Mounds.

Remove ads