This thread is about the awesomeness of halflings

mkill

Adventurer
I have to confess that even though I look back to 15 years of varied gaming, I never played a halfling. So two sessions ago I decided to play two. We were down to two players due to scheduling conflicts and had an intermission with both players playing two PCs.

And so I created a lovely couple of Jan-Rembrandt van der Waal, halfling cleric and his lovely wife Greta. I don't know why, for me halflings have a certain Dutch vibe to them, that's how I came up with the name.

It was awesome fun.

Greta is zipping around the battlefield, but thanks to a high Dex, a shield, their racial power and the Lost in the Crowd feat she has only been hit once in two sessions.

Jan has provided support, flipping the gold coin that is the holy symbol of his deity, burning zombies and dazing giant frogs with radiant energy, and spreading temp hp and healing...

We'll see where there future adventures will take them...

BrokeAndDrive

Banned
Banned
Someone once said they wanted to see a battle royale between Yondolla and Garl. Ever since they said this, I have said this, because WAR OF THE GODLY MIDGETS!!

Ahnehnois

First Post
Halfling rogue is the ideal character build for every edition of D&D I've ever played. I go back to them from time to time. There's nothing better.

Theo R Cwithin

I cast "Baconstorm!"
Their culinary benefits notwithstanding, they do make fun thief-types, and, imho, are more entertaining as tricksters than gnomes. I also have a soft spot for them as classic underdogs.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
Well, considering their small size is their largest trait, I'm guessing that's where their awesomeness comes from. So if we cut a halfing in half, he should be twice as awesome! He'd be a quarterling!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases