Thieves World

Crothian

First Post
Yes that is them. I had forgotten that the Rankens had gotten through the pass before the beginning of the books. It has been a while since I read them and really paid attention. And I reallyu want to find the novel on Jamie the Red, he's a cool character.

Khorod

First Post
Just glancing over the Hawkmask class. Wouldn't the bonus to Intimidate checks be due to the reputation of mask wearers, and the bonus to disguise a circumstance bonus because it's... a mask?

People see someone wearing a blue mask and are intimidated. Whether its a Hawkmask or a downwinder in a big cloak is beside the point. --Brief Clarification

Crothian

First Post
Khorod said:

People see someone wearing a blue mask and are intimidated. Whether its a Hawkmask or a downwinder in a big cloak is beside the point. --Brief Clarification

I think it's a little more then the mask, although the mask is key. It's also how the person carries himself while wearing the mask. Hawkmasks will walk ans act a certain way because they know they rule the under side of the city, at least till Tempus shows up and starts hunting them.

Mr Fidgit

First Post
a few more notes from book 1...

Enas Yorl's 'address' - “on - or, more exactly, below - Prytanis Street, where the city petered out to the southeast of Temple Avenue” (b1p36)

more cards (b1)...

Chaos (or The Face of Chaos) - a portrait of man and woman seen in a broken mirror

Five of Ships - stylized scene of five small fishing boats, each with its net cast into the water

Lance of Flames -

another day of the week - Anenday

'Shavakh' - S'Danzo name for a non-S'Danzo

make-up - kohl (eyeshadow)

Kalos - good wine from a grove in the mountains, east of Syr (”so purple it is almost black”)

one of the first 'monsters' in TW; Sikkintair; Flying Knife, attributes of the the god Ils, 'outsiders' in that they exist in another dimension, but can be called to this one

more places....

Golden Lizard - tavern (?)

House of Mermaids - Gelicia, proprietor

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
Thanks. Even though I'm starting up a d20 Modern game, I still plan on continueing with the conversions. Although they might slow down a bit more. Just FYI

Khorod

First Post
I'm using your divination skill as inspiration for a close cousin thing of my own. It might have some elements you'd like, but its gunna take me a while to finish it off. busy, busy...

I am also taking the card listing and putting it into a table format. I'll stick it online somewhere and share it. I just have trouble figuring out that jumble in the posts.

Crothian

First Post
Khorod said:
I'm using your divination skill as inspiration for a close cousin thing of my own. It might have some elements you'd like, but its gunna take me a while to finish it off. busy, busy...

I am also taking the card listing and putting it into a table format. I'll stick it online somewhere and share it. I just have trouble figuring out that jumble in the posts.

Ya, I need to organize it and figure out the different types of cards from the five suits and the other types. It's tough since the info is in maybe a few of 60+ short stories in 12 books. But I'm interested in anything you haave when you have it.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases