[Adventure] Lost Love (DM: Velmont - Judge: Renau1g)

Velmont

First Post
DM: Velmont
Judge: Renau1g

Adventure Information as of 2010-06-28

Party Members:

XP Awarded: None

Treasure Awarded:
300 gp

Rules of Play:

1. Please include your quick stats in your post on each post in combat, and on the first post where your status has changed.

2. In combat I will track your hitpoints and status effects but I'd like you to do the same in your quick stats. After all, I am not perfect.

3. If you are using a wishlist, and it gets updated, please let me know. If you are not using a wishlist, no worries. In L4W, not all treasure will be from wishlists, but I do use them.

4. I will rarely assign treasure to an individual. It is up to you to split things as fairly as you deem.

5. I will roll initiative for all. You do not need to wait for you're turn in initiative to post your actions. Enemies will usually go on one initiative.

Effects happen in the order you post. Any effects lasting for an entire round, that should affect you, will affect you and only once.

If you tie for initiative with the enemy, you will go first.

6. I will not post full stats for enemies. All status effects will be posted. Auras will be posted once they first take noticeable affect. HP will be posted once bloody. Defenses will be revealed individually once hit. Some familiar monsters are modified.

7. If an sblock is labeled for someone other than you, I ask you not to read it.

8. If you do not post for 2 days, and we are in a skill challenge or combat encounter, I will post for you. I will only use At-Will Powers.

9. If you have an image you'd like to use for your token, please send me the file julien.deslieres(at)gmail.com.

10. My rolls might not be rolled on Invisible Castle. The main reason is I will do most of my big update in the train while going to work or coming back home, while I have no internet access. But I ask you to use Invisible Castle on each of your rolls. lIf Invisible Castle is down may use Dice Room or post your actions and I will make the rolls.

Last edited:

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I use CoCo Dice Roller because I like how it keeps everything grouped. It also works in more locations than other rollers and I've never had a problem with it being down. Would you be ok with my continuing to use CoCo instead of IC? I don't currently have an account with IC anyway.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I am not familiar with Coco, but I suppose it is fine. If I have problem with it, I'll warn you.[/SBLOCK]

twilsemail

First Post
Pis arrives early in the morning. Early enough, he hopes, to precede his possible future employer. He looks about for either his companions or his employer, hoping far more for the former than the latter.

His garb this morning is far more acceptable for an adventurer. His breeches are loose-fitting and a plain dun color. Over this he wears a loose white cotton shirt which is, itself, under a long brown riding coat. He is topped off with a narrow green hat with two brightly dyed pheasant feathers sweeping back from it. (OOC: something reminiscent of Errol Flynn’s hat in his portrayal of Robin Hood.) Again, his rapier and dagger are belted at his waist. New to the image is a backpack that appears full of fairly standard gear for an adventurer.

[sblock=OOC]I’m blocked from iCast about 90% of the work day. If you don’t mind I’ll find and use this CoCo, to keep things consistent. Also, I refuse to stop calling Invisible Castle iCast. I feel like there’s just enough JC in there to please me.[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
As Pis arrives, he sees the warforged idly standing near the station amongst the hustle and the bustle of morning traffic. It appears he has simply been waiting here since the evening before.

When Unit 16 sees his traveling companion he moves over to him. "The lightning rail runs all night," he offers.

[sblock=summary of Unit 16's tactics]I re-tooled 16 a bit; he now does less damage but has even more AC. It's actually pretty obscene, in my opinion - although nothing compared to char-op boards or something like that.

Generally he has a ton of AC and HP and his surges heal a lot, so he just likes to put himself between the bad guys and the good guys and take hits. He also does well when bloodied and his 2nd wind is even better now (he can heal 1/2 his HP with one 2nd wind). He burst-marks everything next to him 1/round, and has a two cool forms that are dailies (both add to AC), but otherwise that's mostly it. His only weakness is he can't seem to hit anything. :)

I am a fan of talking about tactics in OOC, but if that bothers anyone please let me know. Looking forward to a good group! :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Unit 16]Unit 16 Warforged Warden 5
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Normal
AC:23, Fort:19, Reflex:15, Will:15
HP:64/64, 0 temp HP, Bloodied:32, Surge Value:16, Surges left:13/13
Action Points/Daily Item Uses Left/Milestones: 1/1/0
Powers:
Font of Life
Nature's Wrath
Warden's Fury / Warden's Grasp
Weight of Earth
Earth Shield Strike

Warforged Resolve
Second Wind
Roots of Stone
Earthgrasp Strike
Warden's Tempest

Form of Winter's Herald - Form of Winter's Herald Attack
Form of Mountain's Thunder - Form of Mountain's Thunder Attack
Potion of Clarity

Important Stuff:
- makes lots of immediate interrupts/reactions/OAs

Conditions:

Full sheet: Unit 16[/sblock]

Last edited:

LadyLaw

First Post
Talkrai arrives at the station not long after Pis and sees him sitting there with Susan. She looks much as she did the day before. If you look closely you can see that the leafy pattern on her shirt is of different leaves than yesterday, but otherwise the attire appears identical.

She walks over to her companions and flashes them a bright and cheerful smile. "Good morning to the both of you. I hope you slept well. I was a bit restless. I was thinking about what was inside the door and how we might open it. It occurred to me that I heard one of the druids once talking about magical locks. Maybe there's some sort of spell or something that could open it? I don't cast spells myself, but maybe Priam could do it?"

The information all came out in something of a rush, as if she really had been waiting all night to tell them and she was eager to hear what they thought of her idea.

[sblock=Re: Tactics]I don't mind discussing tactics OOC. It is sometimes fun to do it IC as well. It depends on the situation for me. You may see me put suggestions in via Talkrai, but I overall have no problem with OOC tactics talk. :D[/sblock]

[sblock=Talkrai mini-stats]
Talkrai - Female Kalashtar Ardent (Mantle: Clarity) 4
Passive Perception: 23 (28 vs. hidden creatures), Passive Insight: 23
AC:19, Fort:15, Ref:13, Will:19 -- Speed:5
HP:40/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges Left: 8/8
Power Points: 4/4, Action Points: 1, MI Daily Uses: 1, Milestones: 0
Powers: Energizing Strike, Focusing Strike, Prescient Strike
Ardent Alacrity, Ardent Surge, Bastion of Mental Clarity, Dimension Swap, Healer's Gift, Second Wind
Mental Turmoil, Manifester Weapon Power, Bloodthirst Bracers Power

Mantle of Clarity: Myself and each ally within 5 squares has +4 to all defenses vs. Opportunity Attacks. Each ally within 5 squares gets +2 to perception and insight checks.

Conditions: None[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Apparently slow to rise in the morning, Ryda arrives after most of the party has already assembled. She is dressed in her usual mottled grey garb, hood up to keep out the morning mist. "Morning all. Who's ready to become a hunter's quarry? Interesting proposition he has isn't it. I wonder if we're the first he's tried this with. Either way, it'll be an interesting hunt, no?"

She sits at a nearby bench and begins checking and rechecking her quivers of arrows, adjusting fletchings and heads if they seem off.

[sblock=Ryda's stats]Ryda– Half Orc Ranger 5
Passive Perception 19, Passive Insight 14
AC 21, Fort 16, Reflex 19, Will 15
HP 54/51, Bloodied 25, Surge Value 12, Surges 8/8
Speed 6, Initiative +7
Action Points: 1, Second wind
At-Will Powers: Twin Strike, Nimble Strike
Encounter Powers: Evasive Strike, Cut and Run, Yield Ground, Furious Assault
Daily Powers: Split the Tree, Spitting Cobra Stance
Racial Features: HalfOrc Resilience, Swift Charge, Furious Assault
Class Features: Hunter’s Quarry, Prime Shot, Fighting Style- Two Weapon
Item Powers: Predator's Hide, Cape of Mountebank
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
Jarren arrives next, having risen before dawn and strolled to the station through the slowly waking city. He spots Susan's imposing figure as soon as the station comes into view and makes a beeline for him, picking his way deftly through the morning crowds.

He strolls up as Talkrai is halfway through her spiel and greets the assembled companions with a silent nod, not wishing to interrupt. He seems particularly cheerful this morning, gazing about him with a childlike interest and obvious pleasure in his surroundings. "Seems like a sound idea," he chips in once Talkrai finishes. "Let's see what Priam says when he gets here. We might be rushed, though, if our hunter friend wants to get us on a certain train. Unless Priam chances to know to that sort of ritual already, I reckon we might end up just having to improvise."

[sblock=Jarren Status]
Jarren
Razorclaw Shifter 5
Initiative: +4, Senses: Passive Perception: 24, Passive Insight: 22, Low-light vision

AC 17, Fort 18, Ref 16, Will 20
HP 48/48, Bloodied 24, Surge Value 12, Surges 10/10
Saving Throws +0
Speed 6

Action Points 1

Powers
Healing Spirit x2
Capturing Jaws
Second Wind
Speak With Spirits
Razorclaw Shifting

Spirit of Life