1st Eye on Darksun up!

Nice artwork and quite nasty monster stats (OA's on standing up? Ouch), and I really like the fluff. Hmm, I wonder what happens when a Nightmare Beast gets warped by the sun... :devil:

Does anyone know what a Tarek is (it's mentioned in the Lore section)?

Last edited:

Eh, interesting, though it doesn't add a whole lot to our general understanding of the 4e DS setting. No doubt we'll be seeing a good bit of the Sunwarped though!

Herschel

Adventurer
Great, they had to bring the Spellplague stuff in to Dark Sun. It's ruined, I tell ya, ruined. ;)

I'm not all that thrilled actually, but not put off by it. Yes, I'm actually indifferent about it.

It may offer a feat to help preservers keep up somewhat in damage with defilers though, if they can draw upon that energy. Maybe a Paragon Path.

The Little Raven

First Post
Great, they had to bring the Spellplague stuff in to Dark Sun. It's ruined, I tell ya, ruined. ;)

I'm not all that thrilled actually, but not put off by it. Yes, I'm actually indifferent about it.

Wasn't the Pristine Tower already known for changing and warping creatures into new monstrosities? It sounds to me like they took the properties of that, and made it a part of Athas itself.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Wasn't the Pristine Tower already known for changing and warping creatures into new monstrosities? It sounds to me like they took the properties of that, and made it a part of Athas itself.
I agree with the observation about the Pristine Tower.

I can go either way, I think the Pristine Tower fits with a more Barsoomian background to Athas and I can like it for that. But by moving it all over the place, ala feywild pockets everywhere, there is reason to encounter mutant beasties anywhere, not just around the Pristine Tower.

One could always handwave that Pristine Tower mutants just slowly filtered out to the rest of the planet over centuries, but by putting the mutant-factories all over the place there is less handwaving required to justify their presence wherever the DM puts them.

Aegeri

First Post
It feels really strange to me to have an article like this well before the setting has been released. It's hard for me to put this into context with the rest of the setting.

Tareks are bald, very muscled humanoids, not very intelligent, isolationist
they are seen ont he cover of the original boxed set :)

alas this is only pic I can find of the orginal boxed set of this size or larger :/
tsr2400.gif

I like this change with the "warping" landscape :) moves it away from the Pristine Tower, which
a) I ignore the offical history etc so pristine tower isn't in many folks' games
b) lets mutants appear all over which makes more sense

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases