Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

pacdidj

First Post
Auntie Mab nods her thanks and smiles as Kasha sets the tea and bourbon down on the table. Tristram, who had been expecting a smaller portion of whiskey (perhaps a shot glass), let's out an elated, yet puzzled *Meep?!?*, as the half-orc sets a brimming-full tumbler down in front of him. He sniffs around the glass for a moment, trying to decide how to handle this beverage that is clearly to big for him, then dunks his entire head into the amber fluid and proceeds to gulp it down greedily.

Rysethynn smiles at Mab and Tristram.

"Hullo again!" she says enthusiastically. "How're things shapin' up fur ya then? Any luck with down't ta hospital? 'Fraid I haven't seen anyt'ing poppin' up 'round here by way of work."

"Not much luck, no dearie. My little neffy's still stuck fast in his sleep, and I'm afraid I'm nearly spent out keeping up with the doctor's bills. Tristram and I will have to find some sort of work soon. There doesn't seem to be much demand for fortune telling around here..."

Not me whose wanting work done miss, but that gentleman over there. he says pointing to the corner. Wants a package delivered. Didn't say what's in it. Will pay gold up front and when you get back. Pays good money too. Told me to pick out some sturdy lads and lassies that could do the job. You look like you have some experience with this sort of thing. he says all in one breath, cleaning a glass with a dirty rag.

Busy sipping on her tea, and scolding Tristram for his bad table manners, Auntie Mab had missed most of the commotion surrounding the mysterious man in the corner. When Bob approaches Kasha to discuss the stranger's needs though, the old woman's eyes light up at the mention of good pay. "Well now..." she muses, "could this be the sign that Luran told me to watch for?"

[sblock="ooc/Luinnar"]I'd be interested in getting in on an adventure, and Auntie Mab is still available. But if yours is full already, I'd be happy to wait, as she's my second character. Also, I'm getting married on the 4th of September, and I'll be leaving on a 2 week honeymoon afterward, and unable to post on weekends before then, so I wouldn't want to hold things up for you.[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
"I am sorry ter hear that. I'll keep hopin' things turn 'round soon. I been keepin' me ear t'the ground, but this man's on'y thing's come up an' I don't fancy I trust the orc er the beast."

She says this sadly, since she'd have liked to help other dwarves. Rysethynn raises her glass in Tristram's direction and takes another gulp herself before calling for another mug of ale.

[sblock=ooc]Nice image of Tristram with the glass. My rat totally does that whenever he tries to get at my apple juice. I wanted to give you exp for it, but it won't let me. :p[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Busy sipping on her tea, and scolding Tristram for his bad table manners, Auntie Mab had missed most of the commotion surrounding the mysterious man in the corner. When Bob approaches Kasha to discuss the stranger's needs though, the old woman's eyes light up at the mention of good pay. "Well now..." she muses, "could this be the sign that Luran told me to watch for?"

[sblock="ooc/Luinnar"]I'd be interested in getting in on an adventure, and Auntie Mab is still available. But if yours is full already, I'd be happy to wait, as she's my second character. Also, I'm getting married on the 4th of September, and I'll be leaving on a 2 week honeymoon afterward, and unable to post on weekends before then, so I wouldn't want to hold things up for you.[/sblock]
Ms. Tarmikos what are you doing here?! cries Bob running over to her table. I have not seen you in ages! Remember me, Bob Berkins? You used to fix me socks after me mum passed away. And that time you healed my grotwart which that herbal medication? Hows your nephew doing? Well I hope.

[sblock=ooc]
I'll be glad to take you! :) Someone can NPC your character when you are gone. You will be the lowest level character if you don't mind, I have one or two level 4 characters and the party level will be about 3. (I don't mind if you don't).

I still need to hear back from the person with the cleric. So depending on what I hear I may or maynot be needing a leader. Otherwise the party is full.

Current party:
Ram Tiger, level 2 Gnoll Fighter (Sanzuo)
Kasha, level 2 Half-Orc Rogue (Antithetist)
Kax, level 3? Kobold rogue (Dekana)
Dorn Level 4? Half-Orc Sorcerer (nerdytenor)
Reserved for a leader.

Lots of sneak attack! :D
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, Wilden Druid

There's a loud buzzing just outside, which resolves itself into a much less troubling rustle of leaves. A wilden enters the tavern, his bark-like skin mottled with browns and greens. He shuffles through the room, emerald eyes wide, and nearly trips over the bar.

"Hello," he says a bit distractedly, gaze still scanning the room as if he's never seen a tavern before. "My name is Devinihm. I came from the mangroves." He seems to be under the impression that's all one might need in order to discern his home's location.

[sblock=OOC]Devinihm isn't approved yet, but figured I could tool around the inn thread in the meanwhile without much harm. :) [/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I'll be glad to take you! :) Someone can NPC your character when you are gone. You will be the lowest level character if you don't mind, I have one or two level 4 characters and the party level will be about 3. (I don't mind if you don't).

I still need to hear back from the person with the cleric. So depending on what I hear I may or maynot be needing a leader. Otherwise the party is full.

Current party:
Kasha, level 2 Half-Orc Rogue (Antithetist)
Kax, level 3? Kobold rogue (Dekana)
Auntie Mab Level 1 Human Rogue|Warlock (pacdidj)
Reserved for a leader.

Lots of sneak attack! :D
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]Oh God, we're all going to die. :([/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Oh God, we're all going to die. :([/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
We just will have to see who is living once the smoke clears and everyone is finished yelling "Sneak Attack!" ;)

I'll try to adjust the encounters to our party. It should work out :)
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
"I am sorry ter hear that. I'll keep hopin' things turn 'round soon. I been keepin' me ear t'the ground, but this man's on'y thing's come up an' I don't fancy I trust the orc er the beast.

"Just between you and me dearie, that Kasha seems like a nice enough sort, though I can understand why you'd want to steer clear of her, but that dog she brought in here is vicious. And the smell of it! You know I think it might be part hyena? Why, the way he was looking at poor Tristram, you'd think he wanted to eat him. Oh dear, and it looks like he's signing up for that job... Ah, well," says Auntie Mab with a sigh.

"Looks like we'll be here a while yet Tristram," the old woman tells her now-unconscious rat, who has passed out drunk on the table.

Ms. Tarmikos what are you doing here?! cries Bob running over to her table. I have not seen you in ages! Remember me, Bob Berkins? You used to fix me socks after me mum passed away. And that time you healed my grotwart which that herbal medication? Hows your nephew doing? Well I hope.

"Why Bobby... Little Bobby Berkins? Is that you? My how you've grown! I haven't seen you in ages, not since your father remarried and moved uptown. Come here let me get a look at you. Ah, you're looking well. No more troubles with the grotwart? That's good dearie."

"You hadn't heard about little Yenros then? Yes, it's a sad story dearie. The poor dear's in a coma over at Saint Jeronel's with no one but yours truly to look after and provide for him. We're muddling along the best we can though. What with the cures and the fortune telling. But, it's not always enough these days," the old woman says wistfully.

"Now then, what are you doing around these parts dearie? And who's that strange man in the corner talking to Kasha and that frightful doggie of hers?"

[sblock=ooc]Actually, on second thought I think I might defer on this one. I didn't realize I'd be the third rogue in the party. I'm not sure Auntie Mab could contribute much being the fourth striker, and several levels behind. I think I'll have her hang out in the tavern a while longer, and maybe join Rysethynn on Iron Sky's upcoming adventure, which will hopefully be more level 1-oriented. Thanks though![/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
"Why Bobby... Little Bobby Berkins? Is that you? My how you've grown! I haven't seen you in ages, not since your father remarried and moved uptown. Come here let me get a look at you. Ah, you're looking well. No more troubles with the grotwart? That's good dearie."

"You hadn't heard about little Yenros then? Yes, it's a sad story dearie. The poor dear's in a coma over at Saint Jeronel's with no one but yours truly to look after and provide for him. We're muddling along the best we can though. What with the cures and the fortune telling. But, it's not always enough these days," the old woman says wistfully.

"Now then, what are you doing around these parts dearie? And who's that strange man in the corner talking to Kasha and that frightful doggie of hers?"

[sblock=ooc]Actually, on second thought I think I might defer on this one. I didn't realize I'd be the third rogue in the party. I'm not sure Auntie Mab could contribute much being the fourth striker, and several levels behind. I think I'll have her hang out in the tavern a while longer, and maybe join Rysethynn on Iron Sky's upcoming adventure, which will hopefully be more level 1-oriented. Thanks though![/sblock]
I'm sorry to hear about Yenros miss. Bobs says hanging his head sadly. Perhaps those people will sort him out, eh? As for that man over there, well, we don't rightly know. He looking for adventuring sort for a mission. Pays good money too. Never seen him before, and I never forget a face.

You and your rat need another drink? On the house of course. Cute little beggar
Bob says, patting the sleeping rat on the head.

[sblock=pacdidj]
OK, no problem. Good luck adventuring! :)[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]
I would not mind bringing on 1 more non-striker level 2-4.

Also, still need to hear back from the cleric.[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure: Delivery of Death (repost)]
The adventure takes place on the new and mysterious island of Sojourn.

Current party:
Kasha, level 2 rogue (Antithetist)
(reserved) Kax, level 3? rogue (Dekana)
???
Reserved for a leader.

The adventure is not encounter heavy, but will certainly have battles. It is a conversion of an old 2E adventure of a different name. I won't give you the name of it or the setting name to keep things as mysterious as possible ;)

If you are interested please post a link to your character sheet and tell me if you have any other characters in L4W adventures, since those without an adventure should get first priority.

I will be happy to take new players and those whose characters are not yet approved. Please tell me if either is the case and have your character sent in before the adventure starts.

Posting requirements: at least every 48 hours when you are in skill challanges or encounters please. Weekends are optional. If you have special posting habits, say can't post Friday - Sunday that should be OK, but please say so.

Any other questions please asks the dwarfs, Bob the barman or in OOC.

Thanks! :)
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
There's a loud buzzing just outside, which resolves itself into a much less troubling rustle of leaves. A wilden enters the tavern, his bark-like skin mottled with browns and greens. He shuffles through the room, emerald eyes wide, and nearly trips over the bar.

"Hello," he says a bit distractedly, gaze still scanning the room as if he's never seen a tavern before. "My name is Devinihm. I came from the mangroves." He seems to be under the impression that's all one might need in order to discern his home's location.

[sblock=OOC]Devinihm isn't approved yet, but figured I could tool around the inn thread in the meanwhile without much harm. :) [/sblock]

As the wilden steps throw the door, the earthen warforged turns his head to watch him, from his stationary position. Without saying a word, Earth walks, stomping towards the creature. Dirt falls from all his joints, as he approaches; not menacingly, but the general bluntless and seemingly life-less features of the rock warforged are intrinsically intimidating. "You" he states. "You are like me, born from the earth. I am Earth, warden of the hills, Son of the Rock." he states, emotionless voice, like sliding stones, comes from the place his mouth should be. His empty eye sockets aim at the wilden.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases