Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

nerdytenor

First Post
A young half-orc enters the bar. Glancing around, his eyes fix on Sir ExSixTen and Jax lying on the floor, bloody.

"What in the nine hells is going on in here?"

Dorn rushes to Jax's side.

"Jax, who did this?"

Dekana

Explorer
"Unf..." Jax grunts as he lifts himself from the ground. He looks around woozily. "What happened? It felt like my veins were on fire... And then I was on the ground, and then lightning hit me." Jax notices Sir Exsixten and his paddles. "..... Oh."

"Wait - Jaz, is that you?" The rogue begins to wonder if maybe he is a ghost and Jaz is dead too.

covaithe

Explorer
"I didn't see it clearly, but he fell over right when this scruffy-looking character showed up," Shark-Quagmire growls, squinting at Uncle Jaz with a cold piscine glare.

Luinnar

First Post
Wait - Jaz, is that you?" The rogue begins to wonder if maybe he is a ghost and Jaz is dead too.
Jax, I thought you were dead! Uncle Jaz cries giving Jax a hug. How is my favorite nephew doing?

Nevermind, let us not talk here with all the softskins around
he says looking at the strange shark creature and the, um, whatevers. he says looking at Sir ExSixTen.

He gets off and brushes his jacket off. Remember, come to Trapspringer's Traptastic Trapporium in Bacarte for all your trap needs! Guaranteed to be thief proof, burglar proof and Kender proof or gold back! The only thing that is not a trap is the prices! he announces to the tavern.

Now come with me, Uncle Jaz says, grabbing Jax by the hand and dragging him off to a private room he reserved.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire mutters something indecipherable about relatives, then abruptly reverts to his usual hobgoblin form. He lets out a bellow of surprise, then begins checking himself over. Satisfied that all his parts are back to their usual configuration and in full working order, he grabs a pair of large steins off of a passing tray. Ignoring the waiter's cry of protest, he drains one of them at a pull, drops it, and follows the others to the private room, foaming beverage in hand.

BenBrown

First Post
As Jaz & company leave the room, the front door opens, and a tall female in Imperial-style armor enters the room. A slighty feral look in her features marks her as a shifter. She strides in, with a glaive balanced over her shoulder, a canvas cover over the blade, but not over the ring of spikes on the haft just as the blade joins it.

She walks calmly to the center of the room, looks around, then asks in a calm voice "has anyone seen a kobold?"

BenBrown

First Post
The shifter watches them leave.

"Um, not those ones," she says. "One specific kobold. We were heading here from... well, that's not important. I lost track of him. His name's Papolstaanas. He was wearing armor last time I saw him, and big round shield. I hope he's okay. He's a nice kid and I wouldn't want anything to happen to him. Anyone who's seen him, let me know."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases