Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

rb780nm

First Post
Belatedly, Sound of Stone raises his head and observes the man looking for help.

OOC:
Oops, was AFK for a long time there. If you haven't found a replacemnt [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION], Sound of Stone will take the spot....

Someone

Adventurer
"You of course don't know, but I'm in search of the last remaining members of the Zim clan. We were vanquished by the Oni demons that have besieged our kingdom and the survivors scattered across the world. I wish to reunite my clan and lead it to regain our honour and former glory, and once and for all eradicate all Oni, from their most powerful warlords to their unborn children in their mother's womb."

"Actually I think you mentioned that when we were trekking through the jungle. A couple times, actually. Perhaps more. The news that demons reproduce in the traditional manner are fresh, though. I believed they spawn when chidren don't eat their veggies, however now that I think on it, my mom wasn't probably an authority on demonology"

"In any case, there's no conflict between demon hunting and looking great!"

Evan sees the insectoid head poking up in what could be a response to his plea for help.

"You..uh..sir? Were you wanting to join us?"

The hunter wondered what skills the insect could bring to the group, but wouldn't be surprised if the creature were a hunter like himself (of course that was stereotypical thinking...but he couldn't help it considering the predatory look of the thri-kreen).

OOC: Once I get another response, I'll start the main thread!

Someone

Adventurer
"And by 'great' you mean..." Sheng throws a conspicuous stare at Max's flamboyant hat, while he finishes the tea.

"...according with the latest trends in male fashion" says Max. "Not here in Daunton, of course, people here favor the utilitarian look. Charming, but uncouth."

rb780nm

First Post
"I am Sound of a stone striking hot metal to make a blade, of the three-twelves and seventh clutch of the red granite. Please call my Sound of Stone, as the names of my people tend to be too long for the tongues of mammals. I will aid you in your need," the Thri-kreen states in his strange accent.

WEContact

First Post
"...according with the latest trends in male fashion" says Max. "Not here in Daunton, of course, people here favor the utilitarian look. Charming, but uncouth."
This catches Ignatz' ear. Stormclouds darken his brow, and he bounds toward the flashy mage, coming to a sudden stop close enough to Max that his intent to intimidate is obvious. Despite his comic antics (which Max undoubtedly observed) he makes quite an imposing figure: Nearly two meters tall and over two hundred pounds, yellow eyes blazing and bushy sideburns and worn tusks, a mark of his orcish heritage, protruding from his frown. He wears plain, patched breeches with scuffed, ironclad boots. He wears no shirt under his fur-lined cavalryman's jacket. It's a fine, ornate coat, though one of the sleeves has been torn off below the duster and it's not particularly clean. His hat, however, is pristine. He keeps the white ushanka perched high on his head, the strange crest (a monstrous skull with symmetrical horns and fangs) displayed proudly. "Vhat vas dot hyu said? Hyu tink my clothes are... 'uncouth'?" He's just a touch more terrifying than he is ridiculous. For the moment, he's forgotten completely about his promise to help this Evan fellow.

Someone

Adventurer
”Good heavens, I wouldn't dream of saying such a thing.” says Max. ”though perhaps in a bit of hick overeagerness, one may gloss over the detail that a generalization must neccesarily lack the fine grain detail that would distinguish the inevitable exceptions. If I may, I'll rephrase the controversial statement as such: Not to put a too fine point on it, at the end of the day, all things considered, one must admit that, in broad terms, the local populace of Daunton in it's majority, would consider a rusty chainmail to be a fine attire for a court ball”

jbear

First Post
Kane continues to chuckle away, eyes bright with enjoyment at witnessing the colour and action of the tavern while sipping on his drink. As a man with a sharp mind but completely lacking the ability to express his thoughts, he can appreciate listening to one who wars with words like the shifting feints and parries of a swift foil.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Stand down creature." says simply the apparently tranquil oriental figure sitting in the same table than Max. "And leave, before I'm forced to take a less honourable and more aggressive action than simple dialogue." Even concealed behind the stoic demeanour the Jadites have, Sheng's word carry such intimidating power that are overwhelming.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases