Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

johnmeier1

Explorer

Jaico sits down at the chair opposite to the other man and begins to introduce himself. "My name is Jaico Wolfe, and I, too, am from the Kingdom of Jade." Jaico pauses for a second, and continues addressing the man. "Pray tell, zan shai*, how does the kingdom fare? I have not been back for many years, and I wish to know the state of things..."

The robed man looks up at the man and nods his head. Call me Raijin, zan sho. I have recently left the Kingdom while seeking my sister in these lands. Our family... he pauses for a moment and emotions boil over his serene face like a thunderstorm ...was cursed by the Oni and she fled. The Iron General and his armies do not suffer any presences of the Oni, so I dare not return out of shame.

After this he calms again and chats I have had odd experiences here while seeking the Red River Company and other heroes. I took brief employment, but it turned out that our benefactor was a vile necromancer. Myself and others, who have not yet returned, laid him and his victims to their final rest.

[sblock=OOC] Just go with it, there is only some background and the rest is based on our PC action. Enjoy PBP.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
At the mention of necromancers blind man turns toward the speaker
"A necromancer? Please tell me, did he have a symbol in form of seven pronged star, the so called Sihedron?"

OOC: sorry, this just fits the backstory, I don't intend to interrupt (too much) :) - if that was an adventure, a link will suffice.

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

With permission he repeats the procedure with the wilden. Sucking his finger as sharp briars cuts it he settles down.

"Apologies," Devinihm says, frowning slightly. "I called on The Hunter this morning, but sometimes The Destroyer sneaks in, I suppose."

The tavern door bursts open as a green kobold slams through it. He collapses to his knees and begins crawling toward the closest table. The pitiful creature bears a variety of recently-suffered injuries, from arrow wounds to claw marks made by what must have been an enormous creature.

He is, however, dressed in unbloodied puffy pants and a shiny new helmet.

*Huff*... *huff*... "Med... medicine..." He cries out with a dog-like whimper. "Is there a healer?" He struggles to exert every word.

"Oh, my," Devinihm says as the wounded kobold enters. "That one does not look well. We should help him, no?'

johnmeier1

Explorer

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

"I do not know. It is not as injured as it pretends. It seems lies and deception are common among the likes that inhabit cities."
Says Earth, no moving from his place.

Devinihm cocks his head, studying the wounded kobold, then looks back to Earth. He doesn't see it himself, but has come to trust his new acquaintance. He walks over to the kobold, asking, "Please explain: what purpose does your deception serve? Back home, seeming wounded only attracts more predators, so it seems very ill-advised."

Luinnar

First Post
The tavern seemed to have calmed down a bit with the disappearance of the "mysterious stranger". Even the dwarfs are quiet, as they are sleeping. Their iron constitutions finally succumbing to their drink. Talk returns to the normal dull roar of the tavern, at least as normal as it ever was.

[sblock=my party]
Please step into this part of the tavern. (the adventure topic)
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Devinihm cocks his head, studying the wounded kobold, then looks back to Earth. He doesn't see it himself, but has come to trust his new acquaintance. He walks over to the kobold, asking, "Please explain: what purpose does your deception serve? Back home, seeming wounded only attracts more predators, so it seems very ill-advised."
The kobold rises to his feet, not trembling so much as before.

"Is it that true? What a sad place your home must be! Does nobody perform healing on the unemployed? I thought 'maybe Daunton is different'. Or rather, that some priest in this tavern might be different..."

He glares at the gnoll. As the gnoll stands up, the kobold places a hand on a dagger sheathed at his side. He continues speaking to the wilden.

"Who is the real predator, I wonder?"

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

"Is it that true? What a sad place your home must be! Does nobody perform healing on the unemployed? I thought 'maybe Daunton is different'. Or rather, that some priest in this tavern might be different..."

"Oh, Cetarakes healers charged no coin, but a good predator might not let you get to one," Devinihm says.

[color=olive="I do not know the ways in Daunton. I just arrived. If I had healing magics, I would share them, but I have none."[/color]

He glares at the gnoll. As the gnoll stands up, the kobold places a hand on a dagger sheathed at his side. He continues speaking to the wilden.

"Who is the real predator, I wonder?"

The wilden cocks his head to look at the gnoll. "I think him, yes. Predator," Devinihm says flatly. "He would be a good reason to limp less."

He turns back to the kobold, then, smiling and extending a bark-covered hand, offers, "I am Devinihm."

Remove ads