Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

As the wilden steps throw the door, the earthen warforged turns his head to watch him, from his stationary position. Without saying a word, Earth walks, stomping towards the creature. Dirt falls from all his joints, as he approaches; not menacingly, but the general bluntless and seemingly life-less features of the rock warforged are intrinsically intimidating. "You" he states. "You are like me, born from the earth. I am Earth, warden of the hills, Son of the Rock." he states, emotionless voice, like sliding stones, comes from the place his mouth should be. His empty eye sockets aim at the wilden.

Devinihm steps back a moment, then cocks his head, smiling as he looks Earth over. He moves closer, emerald eyes taking in all the details, the leaves in his cloak shuddering a bit in his clear fascinated excitement.

"Earth, indeed," he says, stooping down to pick up a bit of the dirt that's fallen off the warforged. He tastes it, as if sampling a new cuisine. Then he smiles.

"My mangroves would love you," he says, then frowns a second as if realizing something, "but they would make it much harder to move about, so you probably shouldn't visit them. I'm glad to meet you, though. I left the mangroves to see new things, you know."

DMDanW

First Post
Xander notices that the priest of Mireva he was talking to is no longer there and looks around the tavern. His head a bit clearer now he observes a few patron signing up with a strange man over on the far corner, the feral Gnoll amongst them. Not wanting any part of that he makes his way over the table where Rysethynn and the old woman Mab are.

"Ladies, mind if I join you. It seems that Karma fellow I was talking with has left." Without waiting for an answer he sits down and leans over to the dwarf and says in a low voice "I'm glad to see that beast is leaving" and motions over toward Ram Tiger. sitting back straight up he looks over and notices the unmoving form of the rat on the table. A smile crosses his otherwise grim face. "I'd hate to have his hangover tomorrow" he comments, ending the sentence in a slight chuckle.

"So Rysethynn from where do you hail? I have only met the dwaves of my homeland on a few occasions and I know little of deavenkind except of your resilience, determination and fine craftmanship. Is that true of your clan as well?" he asks trying to be as polite as possible.

[sblock=FYI]
Xander is a 1st level cleric still waiting for a suitable adventure to come around. He is my 2nd character though. I will be away from computer access for a few days but just wanted to restate my interest in any upcoming adventures that would be suitable, and would prefer to team up with a few of the other 1st level characters that are still here.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Slight thump is heard and the door opens slowly. Carefully tapping the staff in front of himself, an old elf enters the tavern. He might be mistaken for eladrin but for the lack of colors of his uniformly colored eyes. Milky white being almost unheard of, you can only conclude that this fellow is blind and tapping staff seems to confirm that.

He wears simple, but functional trousers and tunic, both close to wiry body, without cloak that might catch on things and pull at him suddenly.

He stands, head cocked and strangely as he turns his head this way and that he seems to be able to pin point people in the tavern. He half turns toward the bouncer
"I am Illarion Meriele of the House of Blazing Starfall. Will you please lead me to a table?"

[sblock=Insight 30+]
If you can beat Insight vs Bluff (1d20+12+5+2=30) you deserve to know that this 'elf' is actualy changeling and milky white eyes are only things that are NOT changed and he's far from being blind
[/sblock]

[sblock=Char info]
Changeling Wild Sorcerer still in works, but crunch is ready for judging :)
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"It is good. The rock tells me you are to be trusted. I have never seen anything like you. You are pure nature incarnated, while I'm half." says Earth in his cryptic speech. "I am waiting for nature to move me, to tell me which is that I must protect. I am a guardian."

LadyLaw

First Post
"Just between you and me dearie, that Kasha seems like a nice enough sort, though I can understand why you'd want to steer clear of her, but that dog she brought in here is vicious. And the smell of it! You know I think it might be part hyena? Why, the way he was looking at poor Tristram, you'd think he wanted to eat him. Oh dear, and it looks like he's signing up for that job... Ah, well," says Auntie Mab with a sigh.

"I was fearin' she'd be as savage under the skin, keepin' a thing like that 'round," Rysethynn says to Mab.

Xander notices that the priest of Mireva he was talking to is no longer there and looks around the tavern. His head a bit clearer now he observes a few patron signing up with a strange man over on the far corner, the feral Gnoll amongst them. Not wanting any part of that he makes his way over the table where Rysethynn and the old woman Mab are.

"Ladies, mind if I join you. It seems that Karma fellow I was talking with has left." Without waiting for an answer he sits down and leans over to the dwarf and says in a low voice "I'm glad to see that beast is leaving" and motions over toward Ram Tiger. sitting back straight up he looks over and notices the unmoving form of the rat on the table. A smile crosses his otherwise grim face. "I'd hate to have his hangover tomorrow" he comments, ending the sentence in a slight chuckle.

"So Rysethynn from where do you hail? I have only met the dwaves of my homeland on a few occasions and I know little of deavenkind except of your resilience, determination and fine craftmanship. Is that true of your clan as well?" he asks trying to be as polite as possible.

"Aye, ye're welcome t'join us. We're glad ter see it off too. Savage thing. I'm from an island not far from here. Took me a while ter get here though. I didna much like me firs' sperience with boats."
She shudders a little bit at the memory.

"What ye've heard be true of my clan, though I'm not a crafter me-self. My boy, he'd of been a fine smith though."

She begins to look sad and caresses a small hammer on her lap. After a few moments, she shakes it off, although you can still see the pain in her eyes and hear it in her voice as she continues. She pulls a much-folded parchment from her beltpouch, unfolds in carefully, and shows it to Xander. If has an image of a crescent moon inside a circle on it.

"Have ye'ever seen this afore?" she asks, although she hasn't much hope that you have. Once Xander responds, one way or ther other, she refolds the parchment, replaces it in the pouch, and swigs another few gulps of her ale.

johnmeier1

Explorer
A man enters the tavern. He is short with a slim build. He wears many layers of camouflaging robes, concealing most of his body and a wide brimmed hat that shades his face. Where it is visible his skin is very pale white and his eyes are pale yellow. He carries an ornate staff of runes in metal with a simple staff and pack on his back, and a few daggers on his belt. Attached to his robes is a faintly glowing brooch.

He moves to an open table and sits down, observing the rest of the room. When the barmaid approaches he says in a measured voice If you have any wine from the far Kingdom of Jade, I would buy it.

[sblock=Insight 24 (22 for Kingdom of Jade)] Raijin uses white makeup to cover his purple skin, which has designs etched in silver all over his body. He is from the Kingdom of Jade and a Stormsoul Genasi. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] A 2nd level (pending) sorcerer. Looks like the only adventure recruiting has 3 strikers already! So Raijin will hang out a bit.[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post

"Well hello again dearie. Xander is it?," Auntie Mab says, greeting the grisled cleric as he sits down. At the mention of the unconscious rat she says, "Yes, I keep telling Tristram to go easy on the hard spirits, but ever since I ensorcelled him to make him my familiar, he seems to have developed a powerful thirst for whiskey. Ah well, I guess he'd better go sleep it off."

As Auntie Mab waves her hand over the quietly snoring brown rat, Tristram disappears off the table in a puff of black smoke.

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

"It is good. The rock tells me you are to be trusted. I have never seen anything like you. You are pure nature incarnated, while I'm half."

"I haven't spoken to rock, but the molds and mosses and lichens enjoy rock. They must have told rock about me," Devinihm concludes simply. Then he cocks his head. "My clan sometimes says my curiosity isn't natural, but I'm not so sure. What half of you isn't natural? Is it your left side, or your right side; they look the same to me, really."

"I am waiting for nature to move me, to tell me which is that I must protect. I am a guardian."

"Oh, excellent. Some of the nearby clans are guardians, but my clan were more ... gardeners?" he says. "But sometimes my curiosity got me into trouble, and I could have used a guardian. Lucky to find you, then." the young wilden says with a smile.

As others enter the tavern, Devinihm looks them over briefly.

"That one seems to have a problem with its eyes," he says to Earth, unaware of any social impropriety for his bluntness. "And that one has a very pretty staff. I wonder if he carved it himself? Mine is very plain, but maybe I should decorate it. What do you think?"

Hackxors

First Post
A man enters the tavern. He is short with a slim build. He wears many layers of camouflaging robes, concealing most of his body and a wide brimmed hat that shades his face. Where it is visible his skin is very pale white and his eyes are pale yellow. He carries an ornate staff of runes in metal with a simple staff and pack on his back, and a few daggers on his belt. Attached to his robes is a faintly glowing brooch.

He moves to an open table and sits down, observing the rest of the room. When the barmaid approaches he says in a measured voice If you have any wine from the far Kingdom of Jade, I would buy it.

"The Kingdom of Jade?"

A previously unheard voice speaks out from a table, where a young human male is sitting alone. His hair is messy, unruly, and shock white, and as he looks up, you can see that his eyes lack any pupils whatsoever. His unnatural eyes narrow as he looks at the newcomer, and he rises slowly. The young man gets to his feet, and as he walks towards the pale-skinned magician's table, it becomes clear that besides a longsword sheathed at his left hip, the young man is not armed with anything else.

Jaico sits down at the chair opposite to the other man and begins to introduce himself. "My name is Jaico Wolfe, and I, too, am from the Kingdom of Jade." Jaico pauses for a second, and continues addressing the man. "Pray tell, zan shai*, how does the kingdom fare? I have not been back for many years, and I wish to know the state of things..."

[sblock=History 15, or Background:Kingdom of Jade]Zan shai is a term of respect used to address elders/superiors in the Kingdom of Jade.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Hey! This is my 1st PC, Jaico Wolfe - a level 1 hybrid swordmage|psion...I haven't been approved yet, so I'm just going to hang around here until that happens/a DM wants to take me in unapproved.

On a side note, since I'm new to the living worlds concept, please let me know if I overstep any boundaries/if I'm doing something wrong (like the just made up thing about "zan shai")...[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads