Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil looks confused for a moment, gulps, and checks his letter. He looks up into the eyes of whomever he was addressing, and in a shaky voice asks, Do you know where a mister Veruzak he pauses and checks the letter again, Choru'Skate is?

Glancing around he adds, Is this the headquarters for the Institute of Arcane Ciphers?

rwelle

First Post
Shi Ye looks confused as well. "Thish ish -is the Hanged Man Tavern?" He enunciates the title of the place with extreme care. "We all are looking for adventursh! Are you two - one - two adventurersh too?"

Shi peers intently at Gil, as if through a thick fog.

He stands and weaves slightly. Bowing at the waist he topples slowly to the floor, taking a nearby table full of drinks to the ground with him.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
"Whoa there big guy. My but the big ones fall hard."

Artemis steps over Shi Ye's dosing form in the pile of broken table and ale as he steps up to Gil.

He puts his arm around Gil's shoulders in a welcoming gesture, "Welcome Gil," Artemis spreads waves his arms out indicating the expanse of the bar, "to the Hanged Man Tavern. Here there be no shortage of brave adventuring souls with which to spend your time."

"Some of us even stay upright!"

Then releasing Gil's shoulders, he walks over and lifts Shi Ye out of the beer and sets him into the booth he was previously sitting. Artemis tries to position him in a comfortable position, "Easy there big fella, sleep this off and you'll... well, you'll feel pretty lousy for a bit... but then you'll feel better."

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil takes in the display from Shi ye, jumping back slightly as the table slingshots drinks in his general direction.

At Artemis' touch Gil flinches and holds his breathe, instinctively covering his belt pouches, but managing to hold a nervous smile. Upon release he relaxes visibly, Thank you for clarifying that much, I had thought he had shown up like that. Gil indicates the besotted fella that had addressed him first.

This letter assures me this is the correct place, but maybe it's wrong...
Gil starts to feel a bit down, until the bartender indicates a letter above the bar.

Oh, The Hanged Man, Tavern... Ok. Gil takes a deep breath, I suppose I may as well have a drink. A buttery dark wine, that would be nice. After placing his order Gil moves near the pair that had spoken with him upon entering.

May I sit with you, I don't really know anyone else here.

[sblock=OOC]

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] Rhapsody has started back up again! WOO! Thanks to KD.

[/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
Right after Gil a tall and buff man enters the tavern, looking rather unremarkable at first sight, his face covered by a ragged cloak.

Once he approaches the bartender, he removes the cloak and you can see that he is a somewhat young human with a strange scar that starts right above his left eye and descends on a straight line next to his chin.

What caughts the attention of those who look close is that his left eye has an eery sienna glow that seems to fade after he blinks a few times.

Well, it seems that all I've heard about this place is about right. Full of adventurers and drinks, I think that I'm going to like this place.

[sblock=OOC]Finally managed to finish my second character. Ianward Miler, human battlemind is ready to go ;) [/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"Oh course Gil! Join us! Really we are all just getting to know each other. For example, we just learned that Shi Ye can't hold his liquor. This sea scoundrel with the lute is Vander. I have no doubt in his skill with a lute. One song and he downed poor Shi Ye."

After Ianward enters, "Yes my good man, come on over and introduce yourself. My name is Artemis. Soldier by trade, adventurer by choice. Come share our company and some beer!"

[sblock=ooc] My but the tavern is getting full. Hopefully someone shows up soon with a mission to get us all started. [/sblock]

rwelle

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I have an adventure waiting for approval but it's my first attempt so we'll see how it goes! Could we get a role call of character types and levels? Also if this is a first or second character? Think 4 players is probably the max # for my adventure...[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=tavern patrons] Quick list, sorry if I miss you, feel free to update this:
Yishim, human Wizard 3 (??first)
Jaico, human Hybrid Psion/Swordmage 1 (first)
Bones, human Rogue 1 (first) (was going AFK for a period of time, not sure if back yet)
Shi Ye, half orc Monk 1 (first)
Vander Coul, tiefling Bard 1 (??first)
Gil, human Wizard? (second)
Artemis Harks, human Hybrid Warlock/Warlord 1 (second)
Ianward Miler, human Battlemind 1 (second)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] I think I'm low man as you have several striker options and I have a character in play [/sblock]

Insight

Adventurer
When the shanty has concluded, Vander steps down and waves to the crowd. "After a rousing round such as that one, a landlubber ale is mayhap the only thing to quench my thirst!"

The bard goes to the counter. "An ale, my good man," Vander says. "And point me in the direction of the nearest comely lass."

OOC: BTW Vander has not been approved, either. I guess it doesn't matter so much until the adventure has concluded (correct me if I am misunderstanding how this works).

And yes, first character.

rwelle

First Post
Shi Ye groans from his booth as he wakes bleary eyed. Peering around the room he manages to find Artemis and he mumbles something about his head before collapsing again.

His head falls onto his crossed arms but he doesn't seem to be out, just in pain.

[sblock=OOC]Yeah the approval is only needed when the XP is awarded. Won't keep you out of the adventure.

If this adventure gets approved any time soon;) I might be able to start another short one, we'll see how much time it takes up but I'll do my best to keep everyone going and entertained![/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases