Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Mikara stares at her eighth mug, "Take yahr time gahl. S'briety's no' ahl tis cacktup tah be." Blagarm profers his sage wisdom to the inebriated elf.

She nods groggily to bartender, her eyes never leaving the mug, "Defffff'nately!" and slips immediately into a beer coma.

The eighth mug goes undrunk...for now.
OOC: I've got Mikara Li Mesadh Level 7 Elf Ranger

I've named the bartender "Blagarm" after an innkeeper in Rioc Alair. He was caught there aiding and abetting thieves and banished on the threat of hanging, should he ever return. Since then, he has found work at the Hanged Man in Daunton. He is not a PC, and ANYONE can RP him as they see fit.

I tend to play him with a Scottish (Scotch?) accent.

If you don't like the idea, or want to change things up, feel free to change him out with another bartender, or have his shift end. :).

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"You can say the name" replies Jarel-kern to Rocco. "but you have to accept to have an angry god on your back."

"If you ever need help, you can find me here. If I'm gone, it must be because I will be on another quest to save Daunton or the world... just routine.

Oh, and avoid the deep of Daunton, you could fall on an Aboleth. Those creature are pretty nasty and play with your mind."

OOC: Jarel-karn, Swordmage lvl 9 ready for action.

Voda Vosa

First Post
The construct made of soil plants and rocks stands immobile in the centre of the room. If you look at it quickly, it resembles a mound of earth, a small hill perhaps. There's a tiny cute flower plant on his right shoulder, that hangs it's trumpet-like inflorescence on Earth's right side.

Earth, level 9 warden ready to... rock?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
As the drow reappears, he smiles at the other's reaction. He bows at Bell and Phoenix wryly. A good romp, I say. Could use more of that, certainly.
OOC: Damen Bane, Drow Outlaw Thief 9.

jbear

First Post
The Cursed One looks on in awe at the arrival of a group of such mighty adventurers. He stands up to approach them and offer his services but his legs grow weak and he sits back down opening and closing his mouth silently. In the end he raises his hand and asks

"Another drink, barman!

He flinches as a bottle topples from the shelf behind the bar with a loud crash is it shatters sending its liquid contents in a wide radius. Blushing deeply, the Cursed One attempts to mask his embarrassment with his best not-guilty face.

OOC: The was me raising my hand for interest in participating as the 6th PC in the party despite being 2 levels too low. How do treasure parcels work? Everyone gets something at the end of the adventure or treasure is found and allocated to specific PCs as the adventure goes on? Because perhaps The Cursed One could receive a parcel of a magical sword or holy symbol early on to bump his attack up +1 to be competitive with moster defenses. Where do I read the rules about treasure parcels?

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=roll call]Is the crew from And the Uppity Shoeshine still up and about in the tavern? Toeto has retired, but it's about time I took a turn DMing for the group...

[MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION] - Eithal
[MENTION=84369]Xeterog[/MENTION] - Fredrock
[MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION] - Kaz
[MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION] - Scarmiglione
[MENTION=85493]ronakshah2000[/MENTION] - Yishim

We'd need a leader, so maybe someone from the Colosseum group can oblige.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=roll call]Is the crew from And the Uppity Shoeshine still up and about in the tavern? Toeto has retired, but it's about time I took a turn DMing for the group...

@H.M.Gimlord - Eithal
@Xeterog - Fredrock
@Luinnar - Kaz
@Mewness - Scarmiglione
@ronakshah2000 - Yishim

We'd need a leader, so maybe someone from the Colosseum group can oblige.[/sblock]
OOC: Kaz has not leveled up yet, but I'd be happy to join! (I think he is level 7) :)

"You can say the name" replies Jarel-kern to Rocco. "but you have to accept to have an angry god on your back."

"It's all about balance. On Kythira there is a shadowrift. It corrupts few animals that come too close or something sinister comes through. As a reaction to that advantage, the prey species grow better, faster or develop some ability they wouldn't otherwise have to counter it. Which in turn causes normal predators to die out since they cannot compete. But some survive and become enhanced like their pray with power of nature. Or even light, what you would call goodness or holyness. If there is a center of goodness then it gets besieged by evil."

Touch of sadness comes over the wilden, before she continues.

"That is the way of the world. You, Rocco, just became one of the enhanced hunters. You paid the price, now you can go and kill the prey you couldn't before, but only as long as they don't evolve."

"And I need to return to my homeland to do something about the siege." she murmurs to herself.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The construct made of soil plants and rocks stands immobile in the centre of the room. If you look at it quickly, it resembles a mound of earth, a small hill perhaps. There's a tiny cute flower plant on his right shoulder, that hangs it's trumpet-like inflorescence on Earth's right side.

When Earth was teleported away, Ironheart took his place in the center of the room. Now, as the soil construct returns, it suddenly wells up beneath the Wood Woad's roots. Ironheart is heaved towards the ceiling as the hill grows, and reflexively jerks his upper limbs out for balance. His crown of branches strikes the rafters and grabs on to steady himself.

Surprised and pleased by the sensation of soil beneath him, Ironheart stretches and sighs, wriggling his roots into Earth's back. He returns to his reverie, though now a dreamy smile plays across his bark.

The center of the tavern now appears to be a small hill covered with flowers, with a tree growing out of it.

[sblock=OOC]
I don't deny, when I said, "Ironheart takes Earth's place" earlier, I hoped something like this would happen...

I'm kind of cheating here: Ironheart is zoned out because he's actually in Desolation Island, and I'm calling it an adventure he had before coming to the tavern rather than having him leave again.[/sblock]

Remove ads