Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Insight

Adventurer
Artemis watches the tiefling with interest.

Artemis smiles and walks over to the bard. "Hail and well met traveler! My name is Artemis. Pleased to make your aquaintance. This mountain of a man is Shi Ye."

Vander watches the amiable man carefully, but continues tuning his lute. "Well met, indeed. I am called Vander and recently from the fair seas far and wide of this place. Though I've spent the last few years collecting sea shanties, my feet are now firmly planted on solid ground. Would you and your friends like to hear a tune?" The tiefling stands and, putting one foot on the chair, begins to pluck a rousing maritime tune.

Insight

Adventurer
Vander Coul settles into a brief chord progression, plucking notes in a pentamic scale, until he is ready to begin.

"What shall we do with a drunken sailor?
What shall we do with a drunken sailor?
Early in the morning?
Way-hay, up she rises
Way-hay, up she rises
Way-hay, up she rises
Early in the morning

Put him in the long boat 'til he's sober
Pull out the bung and wet him all over
Put him in the scuppers with the deck pump on him
Heave him by the leg in a runnin' bowlin'
Tie him to the taffrail when she's yard-arm under"

With the crowd fully interested, Vander waves his free arm. "Everyone!"

"What shall we do with a drunken sailor?
Early in the morning?
Way-hay, up she rises
Way-hay, up she rises
Way-hay, up she rises
Early in the morning"

FourMonos

First Post
"Way-hay up she rises! Wonderful Vander! Now, how bout we hear the drinking song that gets that sailor so drunk!"

Artemis motions the barmaid over with more ale for Vander and Shi Ye.

[sblock=ooc] yeah, I still can't get my signature to have my characters correct in there. [/sblock]

rwelle

First Post
Shi Ye taps his foot in time with the music, smiling as everyone joins in and he follows behind and slightly off-beat with his rumbling bass.

He looks a little wary of the tankard, never having drank anything stronger than a watered down rice wine. Carried away by the moment he takes a long drink of ale.

[sblock=OOC]We can't have any sort of links in our signature because we're not Community Supporters. And your link is slightly off, you need to remove the last .com and put link text in between the ][ brackets.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Checking the letter again, giving a strong look at the tavern, then the letter, then the tavern, and eventually deciding this must be the right place, Gil approached the door.

Before entering, he checked the letter again, and shook his head. This can't be the place, it's too small, not enough grandeur. Still, he read the posted customs, and entered the building.

Greetings, said the scholar with a classroom tone, I'm Gil. the tiger striped robes of velvet purple and gold swished during the humans bow.

He stood waiting for instruction... checking his letter occasionally, looking for the headmaster or whomever was in charge.

[sblock=OOC] Cheers all, this is Gil, wanted to RP with him a bit while I finish his and Kamotz Character Sheets.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

rwelle

First Post
Shi Ye seems much friendlier now that he has had more than a few tankards of ale.

"Greetingsh Gil, How come -- How can we Helpsh you?" Shi burps loudly.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases