Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

CaBaNa

First Post
From what I was told, acknowledging the group is ok, but not disclosing IAC activity. I'm brand new, so my understanding may be less than perfect...
The wizard glances back to Artemis, I mistook Artemis for a member already, he should apply. Gil points at the battle captain with reverence.

Is your brother ok now? What had happened to him? Gil puts off the business of his visit, believing it more polite to discuss personal matters first.

Last edited:

Fyrm

First Post
Mercurial steps up to the crystal man and stare at him with an expression of awe. Wow! What are you? I've never seen a crystal walk before. As he sais this, he turns into a bald Dwarf.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Is your brother ok now? What had happened to him? Gil puts off the business of his visit, believing it more polite to discuss personal matters first.

7 Rabbit's face falls. "No, he's not doing well. He is in a hospice, recovering... Well, no. I can't say he is recovering. He is being... taken care of." He sighs.

"6 Eagle came here a few years ago from our homeland in the Valley of Bone. He was on a quest, to find... well, that's not important right now. He never returned, so last year I took the quest on myself, and followed him here."

"I haven't found the object of our quest, yet. But I did find 6 Eagle, being held prisoner by a necromancer. His body seems healthy, but his mind is... gone. Destroyed. Or maybe just clouded to such a great degree that he can't think or act for himself. He can walk if you lead him by the hand, and if you put food in front of him he will eat, but that is all. Left to himself he only sits and stares."

7 Rabbit puts his hand over his eyes, and when he removes it there are tears left behind. "My brother was the greatest warrior of the Kingdom of Glad Weeping, and a famed athlete. Now he is weak as a newborn babe, and thin as a skeleton."

"I've spent the last few months caring for him, trying to trigger his memories, or find some magic that can penetrate his mind. But nothing works. And I can afford no more time. I must leave him for the healers to do what they can and return to our quest. The safety of the world rests on it!"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The warforged knight comes clanking back into the Hanged Man, rattling off constant 'inner monologue' as he does so. SIR EXSIXTEN RETURNS, TO CHASTISE THE FARMER FOR NOT GIVING OUR HERO ENOUGH INFORMATION TO COMPLETE HIS QUEST.

HE SAUNTERS UP TO THE BAR, WINKING AT THE ENAMORED WOMEN WHO THRONG AROUND HIM.
Yeah, no.

BARTENDER, BRING SIR EXSIXTEN A DRINK AS STRONG AS HE IS.

<ERROR: IMPOSSIBLE QUEST ISSUED, NOTHING IS STRONGER THAN SIR EXSIXTEN EXCEPT THE LORDS OF AWESOME>

REVISED STATEMENT: BRING FORTH A DRINK WORTHY OF THE CHAMPION OF THE ORDER OF THE RED PLUS!

A barmaid looks at him askance, shrugs, and brings him a mug of water. Sir Exsixten seizes it and, having no real mouth, splashes it in his face.

AH, A GOOD STIFF DRINK, NOW ALL SIR EXSIXTEN NEEDS IS A WENCH
- not happening - AND A CHANCE TO SAVE THE WORLD FROM THE FORCES OF VILLAINY YET AGAIN.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit's head turns as the knight enters. "Excuse me," he says to Gil, patting his shoulder. "I'll be right back. Don't go away, I need to learn more of your wizard school, in case they can help cure my brother. But first I need to find out if this is one of the heroes I seek."

The dwarf hops down from the stool and ambles over to Sir Exsixten, multicolored plumes on his armour nodding. "Hello!" he calls. "I happen to be looking for heroes to save the world! Are you one of them?"

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
The dwarf hops down from the stool and ambles over to Sir Exsixten, multicolored plumes on his armour nodding. "Hello!" he calls. "I happen to be looking for heroes to save the world! Are you one of them?"

Sir Exsixten stares the dwarf. SIR EXSIXTEN DOES NOT ACTUALLY RECALL HEARING ANYONE ASK IF HE WOULD SAVE THE WORLD, HE JUST TOOK THE JOB ON HIMSELF.

WHY YES, POLY-CHROMATIC DWARF. SIR EXSIXTEN IS THE HERO TO SAVE THE WORLD!

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
7 Rabbit shakes his head vigorously. "Oh, no, no. You can't be THE Hero. The prophecy calls for Five. I thought maybe you were one of them, but if you work alone, you must be part of some other prophecy. I suppose the world needs saving from a lot of things..."

He turns to wander back towards Gil.

Darksteed

First Post
*Hunzu does not move an inch. He just simply seats quietly. Though a deep speech enters the mind of Mercurial. It slightly echoes as the speech continues.*

I see. Yet another simpleton coming to gawk at what may be different then them self. Now was there something you wanted or are you get going to stand by and stare like most?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
7 Rabbit shakes his head vigorously. "Oh, no, no. You can't be THE Hero. The prophecy calls for Five. I thought maybe you were one of them, but if you work alone, you must be part of some other prophecy. I suppose the world needs saving from a lot of things..."

He turns to wander back towards Gil.

DOES NOT COMPUTE. FIVE HEROES... PROCESSING... THE CITIZENS OF JUSTICE!

Sir Exsixten steps after 7 Rabbit. HOLD, CITIZEN! SIR EXSIXTEN IS THE HERO OF OUR GLORIOUS TALE, BUT HE HAS TRAVELED WITH OTHERS BEFORE - THE CITIZENS OF JUSTICE THAT LATER BECAME THE ULTIMATE LEAGUE OF ULTIMATE VICTORY. THEY WHERE SIR EXSIXTEN'S SIDE-KICKS AS HE SAVED THE WORLD FROM AN EVIL WARLOCK AND, APPELLATION, OPENLY OPPOSED ITS APPARENTLY APOCALYPTIC APPARITION.

THERE COULD BE FOUR COMPANIONS TO ACCOMPANY SIR EXSIXTEN AND BY SIMPLE ARITHMETIC THE PROPHESIED FIVE COULD BE FORMED!

Fyrm

First Post
A smile spreads across the dwarf's face. Telepathy? Wow! My master told me about that, but I never thought I'd see it myself!... What are you? Sudenly, the dwarf becomes a Human child.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases