Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Antithetist

First Post
Kasha's ears visibly prick up at the dwarves' talk, and she takes a quick leave of her current fellows to go and lean on their table, looking fixedly at each of them in turn. "Hi, fellas! Couldn't help but overhear something about gold and an artifact of ultimate power. Where do I sign up?"

She follows their glances to the man in the corner.

"Him? He's hiring?"

She sounds rather dubious, as if wondering whether the unassuming man really has any gold to dish out (let alone artifacts of ultimate power).

Voda Vosa

First Post
Yishim is taken aback by the commotion, and is taken aback as Firete and Brenwar hurry out of the tavern. Hey, aren't you going to drink these meads?

Well, I, for one am going to hang around and enjoy some well-deserved rest.
[sblock=OOC]I'll stick around until we've got a critical mass for a Level 3 - 5 adventure. I like being a bit underpowered vs the strongman of the party.[/sblock]

OOC: Earth is level 7, so not much chances of getting an adventure soon I guess.

Luinnar

First Post
Kasha's ears visibly prick up at the dwarves' talk, and she takes a quick leave of her current fellows to go and lean on their table, looking fixedly at each of them in turn. "Hi, fellas! Couldn't help but overhear something about gold and an artifact of ultimate power. Where do I sign up?"

She follows their glances to the man in the corner.

"Him? He's hiring?"

She sounds rather dubious, as if wondering whether the unassuming man really has any gold to dish out (let alone artifacts of ultimate power).
The bartender goes and gets you forse him. says the first dwarf, taking quaff from his mug. Asked him when he brought me my 4th pint. Bob, I said, Bob who is that fellow you were talking too? What dat he want? Adventurers, he said, for a mission. Paid me well to find the best and the brightest. Adventurers? I says. Well count me out, I've done enouff adventurering in my time. Good, he says, cause I dint ask you. This last phrase causes the second dwarf to snort in his mug, trying not to laugh.

You could askes Bob yeself 'suppose.... You an adventurerer lassie? he says, looking at Kasha.

Antithetist

First Post
You could askes Bob yeself 'suppose.... You an adventurerer lassie? he says, looking at Kasha.

"Sure, why not - I'm lotsa things," Kasha answers with a cocky grin, turning and sauntering off to go and collar the bartender.

"Bob! It is Bob, isn't it?"
She leans against the bar in an exaggeratedly casual pose, balancing a dagger by its point on the tip of one finger. "I hear you're the guy to see about some work."

Luinnar

First Post
?!

From beneath the table, one of RAM TIGER's ears twitches visibly.

[sblock=ooc]RAM TIGER is down. Level 2, 1st character.[/sblock]
A portly man with a red face and an apron walks over to your table and hands you the plate of raw meat you ordered. Here you go, extra raw like you wanted. he says.

By the way, that gentleman over there is wanting a word with you. He is looking for adventurers to deliver something for him. Paying good money too. He says, pointing a the hooded man in the corner of the tavern.

[sblock=ooc]
You're in, welcome! :)

I'll do the "briefing" when the party is all together (probably in the adventure topic). Feel free to role play until then. The mysterious man probably won't say much until everyone is there.
[/sblock]

"Sure, why not - I'm lotsa things," Kasha answers with a cocky grin, turning and sauntering off to go and collar the bartender.

"Bob! It is Bob, isn't it?"
She leans against the bar in an exaggeratedly casual pose, balancing a dagger by its point on the tip of one finger. "I hear you're the guy to see about some work."
I'm coming miss, I'm coming! Bob says, waddling over to the bar.

Not me whose wanting work done miss, but that gentleman over there. he says pointing to the corner. Wants a package
delivered. Didn't say what's in it. Will pay gold up front and when you get back. Pays good money too. Told me to pick out some sturdy lads and lassies that could do the job. You look like you have some experience with this sort of thing. he says all in one breath, cleaning a glass with a dirty rag.

[sblock=Adventure: Delivery of Death (repost)]
I'm looking for 4-5 people levels 1-3. The adventure takes place on the new and mysterious island of Sojourn.

Current party:
Ram Tiger, level 2 Gnoll Fighter (Sanzuo)

The adventure is not encounter heavy, but will certainly have battles. It is a conversion of an old 2E adventure of a different name. I won't give you the name of it or the setting name to keep things as mysterious as possible ;)

If you are interested please post a link to your character sheet and tell me if you have any other characters in L4W adventures, since those without an adventure should get first priority.

I will be happy to take new players and those whose characters are not yet approved. Please tell me if either is the case and have your character sent in before the adventure starts.

Posting requirements: at least every 48 hours when you are in skill challanges or encounters please. Weekends are optional. If you have special posting habits, say can't post Friday - Sunday that should be OK, but please say so.

Any other questions please asks the dwarfs, Bob the barman or in OOC.

Thanks! :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
I'm coming miss, I'm coming! Bob says, waddling over to the bar.

Not me whose wanting work done miss, but that gentleman over there. he says pointing to the corner. Wants a package
delivered. Didn't say what's in it. Will pay gold up front and when you get back. Pays good money too. Told me to pick out some sturdy lads and lassies that could do the job. You look like you have some experience with this sort of thing. he says all in one breath, cleaning a glass with a dirty rag.

"You bet! Not that I make a habit of running packages around, but something tells me there's a spot more to this. And if the pay's good..." she shrugs. "Sure, I can turn my hand to it."

[sblock=OOC]Kasha is up! Character Sheet

Level 2 half-orc rogue, and my only L4W character at the moment.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
"You bet! Not that I make a habit of running packages around, but something tells me there's a spot more to this. And if the pay's good..." she shrugs. "Sure, I can turn my hand to it."

[sblock=OOC]Kasha is up! Character Sheet

Level 2 half-orc rogue, and my only L4W character at the moment.[/sblock]
I'll add you to the list then. the bartender says. He says he'll talk to everyone once I get them together, does not like repeating himself, he does. Can I get you anything while you wait? says Bob, picking up another glass.

[sblock=ooc]
Welcome to the group! :)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Adventure: Delivery of Death (repost)]
I'm looking for 1-2 people levels 1-3. The adventure takes place on the new and mysterious island of Sojourn.

Current party:
Ram Tiger, level 2 Gnoll Fighter (Sanzuo)
Kasha, level 2 rogue (Antithetist)
(reserved) Kax, level 3? rogue (Dekana)
???
Reserved for a leader.

The adventure is not encounter heavy, but will certainly have battles. It is a conversion of an old 2E adventure of a different name. I won't give you the name of it or the setting name to keep things as mysterious as possible ;)

If you are interested please post a link to your character sheet and tell me if you have any other characters in L4W adventures, since those without an adventure should get first priority.

I will be happy to take new players and those whose characters are not yet approved. Please tell me if either is the case and have your character sent in before the adventure starts.

Posting requirements: at least every 48 hours when you are in skill challanges or encounters please. Weekends are optional. If you have special posting habits, say can't post Friday - Sunday that should be OK, but please say so.

Any other questions please asks the dwarfs, Bob the barman or in OOC.

Thanks! :)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads