Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

FourMonos

First Post
"Hey! No way Vander! It will not be that easy in this company me thinks," Artemis jokes grinning. "There be too many stallions standing around to let ye walk off with the first lady!" He nudges Gil and winks and laughs.

While the others talk, Artemis quietly gets coldwater, hot tea and a bowl of stew from the barkeep and takes it to Shi Ye, then rejoins the conversation.

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil gives Shi Ye a long look, one that says, "Please don't throw up in my direction..."

Oh delightful, in the Imperia the performers always hide themselves away backstage. Artemis, you seem to know the Imperian remedy for hangover, we thought that a great secret. Gil winks at the other human, How long until that ghastly shade of green fades from Shi Ye?

[sblock=OOC]

Gil is a human hybrid wizard|artificer/assassin multiclass level 2 and is my second character.

However my first character won't be available until after the CB update and I rebuild his character sheet. So for adventure purposes Gil is my only character currently.
[/sblock]

rwelle

First Post
Shi still looks rather out of it but manages to pull himself together long enough to work his way into the stew, accompanying each bite with alternating tea and cold water.

He seems to begin feeling better immediately afterwards and manages to stumble out of the booth. He leaves behind a neatly stacked pile of dishes, with the meat from the stew carefully set to one side.

Standing he makes his way through the crowded room to Artemis' side.

He clasps his left hand over a closed right fist and bows his head towards Artemis. "Thank you... friend. I'm in your debt."

Leaving Artemis he heads to the bar where he gets a large pitcher of water and a small pot of tea, and continues to drink them in alternating sips as he rejoins the conversation.

Shi Ye seems to have missed Gil's comment, though he may have chosen to ignore it.

[sblock=OOC]Gil is definitely an interesting looking mix of classes! Multiclass and Hybrids always scare me for some reason, not sure why since they aren't really that complicated[/sblock]

rwelle

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Curious what sort of players we have here in the tavern atm. Who here just likes to kill things, who likes to bluff or talk their way through complicated situations, etc?[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis laughs heartily at Gil's joke. "Sorry Gil, but the Imperians do not have a monopoly on hangovers. My sergeant taught me that after a night spent in the cups many, many a moon ago."

Artemis clasps Shi Ye's hand when he finally rejoins the group. "I would be honored to call you friend, Shi Ye. You are pure. I think I need to be around more of that purity these days."

[sblock=ooc] I enjoy a mix of thinking, skills, talking and combat. Especially in these forums where RP can be played up more. If we end up in consective fights, I'll just RP between the swings. :) [/sblock]

Otakkun

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I'm partial to the killing, with a lesser amount of talking. It's just a bit harder for me to grab the initiative in the talking, though it comes easy to follow someone else's lead and chat my fingers off =) [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I can pretty much roll with any type of adventure. I don't mind being left behind if you want to create an adventure for a level 1 party. Sooner or later there will be some higher level characters in the tavern I hope!

Oh and I am a level 3 illusionist human wizard. My first character.
[/sblock]

rwelle

First Post
Shi says to Artemis, "Purity is a goal that I haven't reached yet, it will be a lifetime until I do. Thank you..."

[sblock=ooc]I think I'll stick the level 1's but I might be able to put together a small adventure for a lvl 3 and maybe if there is another lvl 3 or lvl 2? We'll see, school starts today and I'm doing 2 programming classes so not sure how much time I'm going to have...[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Gil laughs, The Imperia believes it has a monopoly on everything.

Purity is a worthy goal, defining purity has taken lifetimes, the scholars still argue the finer points. Shi Ye, Artemis, if you're both attempting to attain such lofty goals, I can do no better for myself, than to spend my first days in this new land among you.
Gil checks his letter again, before putting it away inside a pouch on his belt. So what kind of school is this anyway? I've never seen a school with a tavern, the Institute for Arcane Ciphers must be a graduate school...

OOC:
I like adventures with balance, some RP centered time, some combat centered time, a good riddle or two, but anything is great so long as it's fun. Gil is striving for two things 1. a higher education, which is why he is attempting to make a sister school of the Institute for Arcane Ciphers. 2. to be good, Gil has been studying ethics and morality, and really strives to be good.

Also, he's really naive about anything outside the Imperia, only has what he's read about it. So shifters, half-orcs, banditry, and so on, are slightly outside of his comfort zone intellectually.

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: With 7Rabbit and Veruzak gone, I believe Martelai is one of the longest members of IAC, still active and self proclaimed headmaster of Bacarte office. You're welcome to look him up ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases