Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

OOC: Speaking of joining... Gray just gained lvl 2, so that gives me a lvl 5 with Malakai, and a lvl 2 with Gray... which means I can now create a 3rd character! YAY! Give me till tomorrow and I'll be bringing in my new Defender!

Grimmjow

First Post
OOC: If there's a slot, Kruor would like to participate, he was last seen here before I went off the grid.

On that note, I just leveled him up to 3, as well as change the format to the tabbed one. I'm not sure if people still use the approval requests page, I asked for approval there but I'd like people here to see as well.

OOC: Speaking of joining... Gray just gained lvl 2, so that gives me a lvl 5 with Malakai, and a lvl 2 with Gray... which means I can now create a 3rd character! YAY! Give me till tomorrow and I'll be bringing in my new Defender!

OOC: sure bring him in. then we'll wait on crimson and get going! :D

treex

First Post
Metal screeched against metal as a rust-covered iron man stumbled into the tavern. A disheveled tuxedo, almost worn down to rags covers up most of his body, although rust and blood can be seen through the numerous holes. Two angry red eyes glowered behind glass lens, without discernible pupils, none can tell where he's staring. The two transparent cylinders that jut out from behind his back, stick out from his bare back, where the fabric has been torn away. They seem empty and dusty, and black flakes dot the the inner surfaces of the curved glass.

He stumbles in, two steps, three...his whole body creaks as joints grind against each other.

Suddenly, one of the waitresses makes a beeline towards the metal beast. "Corey! What happened to you? I've been worried sick! You left after you got th.."

"Is you! Diane!" the one named Corey grasps the waitress' arms firmly. One hand is sheathed in a cloth rag while his other arm has a large, wicked looking syringe attached to it. "Kruor hungry!" it hisses under it's breath. "Me need it, the thing you say Kruor should not talk about in pub-blick places. Kruor need it, Kruor thirsty. Thirsty, very thirsty!"

"Oh, dear..." Diane ushers Kruor to a table in the corner, her voice hushed and comforting. "Come, sit down over here. Don't move, I'll be right back. And keep your hands to yourself!" the waitress shouts behind her as she dashes off to the pantry.

"Please, hurry, Kruor can't stand it. Hurry, hurry, hurry!"

Even seated under the shadows, whispers fill the tavern. Gazes and stares came his way, cold and untrusting. But before Kruor could get uncomfortable, Diane came rushing back with a half dozen pints. The dark-colored glass kept it's content veiled whilst the murmers grew.

"Now, tell me what happened..." Diane whispered as she handed the pints to Kruor. One by one, the metal man thrusted his wicked syringe straight through the cork to siphon the mysterious substance in it. A pump strains itself, voicing it's strain aloud, as though the metal beast was slurping and devouring a meal hungrily.

"Please, more..." Kruor's voice begged.

"Only after you've told me everything." said the waittress, her forehead wrinkled in worry.

"Well, Kruor was hungry...and then me strayed from friends."

"What then?"

A brief silence hung in the air, before the robot bluntly replied: "Me no remember."
[sblock=Perception 20]The syringe appears to be siphoning a slightly viscous, crimson liquid.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Ah...writing is nice. Stretching my brain muscles is great, it seems like I've been just lumbering through life ever since I left.

In case anyone is wondering, Diane is an NPC who Kruor accidentally wounded his first time visiting the tavern. He and some PCs then staged a mission to rescue her from a kidnap attempt by a BBEG that wanted to "study" her. And by study her they meant dissect her so that they can research the effects of my wounding her. Ever since then, I've taken a liking to RPing her in the tavern.

Also, quick reply button seems to be borked. And most of the tools for writing for that matter :([/sblock]

Grimmjow

First Post
"Well that one could be helpful, wouldn't you two agree?" Orisk says to the two heroes next time him. "Excuse me miss" He says to Diane "You have a very powerful looking friend there. Might he be interested in helping this fair city and earning a little coin in the process?"

While Kruor, aka Corey, is busy slaking his thirst (in a rather unusual manner), and Orisk is busy ogling the odd sight, the doors to the Hanged Man open slowly. With the same tentative speed as the doors open, a short stocky humanoid enters the Hanged Man clad in full plate armor. The armor clanks and rattles loudly as the figure makes its way inside beyond the swing of the doors. The figure looks like it is about to head toward one of the empty tables near the entrance, when the bartender speaks up.

"Hey there, stranger. When coming in here, it is considered polite to state your name and your purpose for being here (other than just getting drunk of course)."

The figure turns to the bartender, then looks around at the few others in the Hanged Man before nodding at the bartender. It lifts its hands up to it's helmet and pulls upward, revealing a medium length mane of brown hair, and a strong, but feminine face.

"Sorry 'bout that! This's me firs' time'n these parts. An'way... I be Eldreth Forgemark! Pleasure t'make yer 'quantances! I be here lookin' fer me pappa, who wus supposta be p'trollin' th'waters near here. We gotta note sayin' 'is ship be goin' down, so I come here hopin' t'find 'im. His name be Adrik Forgemark... Any o'you folks be hearin' o'him or seein' him 'round here?"

Her look was of innocence and youth, but from her personal arsenal, and by the way she carried herself, it was evident that she was comfortable in the bulky mobile fortress she was wearing. A large shield was strapped to her back and showed the symbol of a hammer and an anvil. Hanging from her side was a large hammer. It was spiked on one end, and flat on the other. The flat end sported the embossed image of a flaggon, brimming over with ale foam.

treex

First Post
"Corey, you're in no condition to do anything, look at..."

"Is okay, it no hurt to listen, right?" Kruor objected. "How can I help you, little man?

Grimmjow

First Post
"Very good." Orisk says. Then loudly for the tavern to hear again, "A group of goblin bandits are making their home inside an old guard tower outside of Daunton. They are raiding caravans and farms in the area."

He looks at Corey "It could be a time to quench that ah...thirst you have there" Orisk says, eyeing the glass.

"And as for you, fellow dwarf" Orisk says, turning to Eldreth, If you'd like, I could put you on a team to go look for your father if you help me out here. It will only take a day of your time."

OOC: we are still waiting on someone's pixie to show up

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases