Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Hackxors

First Post
"Emperor's breath!"

During the attack, Jaico had been too stunned to attack, and swore underneath his breath as he recovered his senses. He mentally berated himself for his failing, and took a quick look outside the tavern door; however, seeing that a crowd had already gathered (and was obscuring his view), he sauntered back to his table (once again solitary) and sighed, waiting for an opportunity to head out.

FourMonos

First Post
The tavern doors open yet again. A human, handsome by most standards, enters somewhat unsteadily. He is lifting his feet, trying to avoid the bloody mess, as he pivots into the doorway, then pauses to wipe something from his boots on the frame of the door.

brad_pitt.jpg

"What is that all over the floor outside? Did someone slaughter a cow in front of the bar?" Kicks his foot again, then strides inside.

With a large smile, "Greetings ladies and gentleman! Let me introduce myself! My name is Artemis Harks and I am here to save the day! Or the purse of gold! Or perhaps just the princess... *winks* I am a soldier of battle who is up to any task. This is the place that one comes for adventure in Daunton, eh? Well bring on the adventure!"

[sblock=ooc] Artemis Harks: Level 1 Warlord/Warlock Hybrid. More striker than leader, but some nice leader benefits. Pending approval. [/sblock]

orkish_blade

Explorer
"Who's ready to go on a dig?"

"You can call me Bones," the lanky human with tousled, dark brown hair greets the strangers in the tavern broadly. "I'll descend into any dark hole if there's a whiff of gold to be found. Traps, critters, I say bring it!"

Several of the bar's patrons turn to look at Bones and give him a once-over and then return to their drinks and conversations. Feeling a bit self-conscious after his boastful proclamation, Bones sidles up to the bar and orders an ale.

[sblock=Character Sheet]
Bones, level 1 human rogue[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis turns and grins at the new patron of the bar.

"Hail and well met Bones!" He strides over and shakes his hand heartily.

"My name is Artemis Harks. Feel free to call me Harks, everyone always does." He gestures to the table and sits down. "I am also looking to make a name for myself, expand my knowledge and reputation. And some gold at the same time wouldn't be bad!" He laughs at his own joke.

"I'm new to Daunton, just come over from Allaria. Tell me about yourself!"

[sblock=ooc] Nice to meet you orkish [/sblock]

orkish_blade

Explorer
Bones looks Artemis in the eye as they shake hands.

"To the treasures of the Isles!" he says heartily as he raises his glass and then takes a sip.

"Where I came from before is unimportant. I've spent some time on the road, before apprenticing with a dwarven treasure hunter. He showed me the wonders of the deep places of the world, and that alone puts me in his debt. I struck out on my own to make some fortune of my own, so that I can repay his kindness and make him proud. That is what has brought me here from the continent. I've heard tales that when Allaria fell, vast stores of its treasury were brought here and hidden beneath the Isles."

FourMonos

First Post
A brief look of shock passes over Artemis's face, which is quickly followed by a grin. "By the gods man! I'm from Allaria as well. Truth be told, I was a soldier before I came here. I am looking for any chance to make a name for myself. I know it sounds crazy, but my goal is to someday retake the capital city. I would need an army, which is why I want to start making a name for myself now. Heck, maybe you can be my general some day Bones!"

orkish_blade

Explorer
"Artemis," Bones speaks slowly. "Lord Artemis... King Artemis... It has quite a nice ring. General Bones though... I am no leader, just a wanderer, none will follow me -- leastways, no great number. I must retire for the evening, but I will return!." With a polite nod, Bones excuses himself to his quarters.

[sblock=OOC] I'm heading out of town on vacation for 12 days, so I'll post again -- and hopefully jump on board for an adventurer then. [/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis laughs out loud, "Easy there Bones, don't be knighting me yet! And don't underestimate yourself. Men follow brave men. They follow men of action. If you weren't those things, I don't think you would find yourself here."

(At Bones leave) "Get your rest Bones, you never know when you'll get another chance."

[sblock=ooc] There is a reason for all the postive energy gushing, he is a warlord after all. Inspiring people to their best and all that. [/sblock]

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis leans back in his chair, looking around the room, smiling widely.

As a particularly buxom barmaid walks by, Artemis scoops her up and puts her in his lap. Still leaning back in the chair, he takes the beer she was carrying and takes a drink.

"Oye, my bonnie lass, tell me about this place. Tell me of Daunton. Which characters have been here lately? And what is with all that blood outside?"

The barmaid is all giggles and laughter, her hands on Artemis's chest as she leans down laughing and whispering in his ear.

He winks broadly at no one in particular, "What a lovely night."

rwelle

First Post
Shi Ye

An over sized half orc pushes through the door. He nods to the room as he removes a pack from his shoulders.

Moving to the nearest empty table he takes a seat, setting his pack down beside him.

He remains silent until a barmaid approaches him, leaning over enticingly as she asks what she can get for him. He politely averts his stare, quietly ordering a soup and water.

She seems rather put off by his lack of interest but remains professional, "Is that all for you then? What name is that under?"

His voice is gravelly and gruff, sounding rather unused. "Shi Ye. Thank you"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases