Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

FourMonos

First Post
Over the bustle of the busy tavern, Artemis notices the middle aged man enter. Clearly not an adventurer, he walks over to see what he could need.

"Nay friend, I haven't seen anyone here by the name Thorgorius. Maybe I can help, what does your associate look like?"

[sblock=ooc] I'm interested. Artemis has not been approved though. He is also my second character, so I will bow out if there are first character players who want to go. [/sblock]

Fyrm

First Post
Your looking for your friend? I can't emagine what i would do if i couldn't find Scrapper. You hear an odd whirling noise, as if metal cogs and gears are spinning at high speed. I don't think I've seen him, but if there's anything I can do, feel free to ask. and once more the Changeling replaces his form, from a Dwarf to an Elf maiden.
OOC: also not yet approved.

Last edited:

Antithetist

First Post
A warforged steps into the tavern, heavily plated in bronze and silver, his frame draped in a heavy cloak of crimson velvet and glittering with decorative chains and jewels. He bears a greatsword on his back, and his eye sockets smoulder with violet flame. He strides in purposefully, not noticing the old man near the door at first glance. In accordance with custom he announces his name as he goes, his voice a deep rumbling bass: "Halcyon."

OOC: Warforged Paladin 1 checking in. It's my second character and I'm not sure how many level 1 people are currently waiting for an adventure, but if it transpires that you need a Defender then I'll be only too happy to jump in.

rb780nm

First Post
"Friend Domenicos, I do not see any of my clutch here, I must move on. Have you seen any of my kind these last few fourhands of days? Perhaps your friend has. I know what it is like to be missing close ones... I will help you find him - I need something to do while I wait for my clutchmates to find me"

OOC: First character, no approval yet either though ;)

Someone

Adventurer
Domenicos yells a soft "eek!" when a heavily armed automaton appears at the door and a giant talking bug and something of unstable appearance take an interest on him, but manages to put together a couple sentences.

"This friend of mine, Thogorius. He was coming here to propose some of you an... expedition. I don't know what it was all about: normally we don't have secrets for each other, but this thing was different. We're just clerks, you see - we don't get involved in things that mean violence, or danger."

"This time Thogorius was very excited. 'Domenicos' said, 'I think I'm onto something. If things go well this could mean a lot for our city. But I need some mercenaries'."

"Maybe I should mention we come from Theotocopolis, a port not too difficult to reach from Daunton. Our whole royal family died soon ago, but I doubt this has anything to do with it."

orkish_blade

Explorer
Bones saunters over to the discussion, "An expedition!" he shouts. Taking a deep breath to temper his excitement, he goes on "I'm game for an expedition of sorts. So tell me, Domenicos... what type of business do you and Thogorius work for? Where do you think we should start looking?"

Bones takes a long pull from his ale, but he looks at Domenicos with interest and enthusiasm.

[sblock=Char Sheet] Bones, level 1 human rogue [/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=roll call?] Maybe everyone should make a quick post, even out of character to indicate if they are interested in Someone's adventure, and what their roll will be. For example, rb780nm did not indicate, when he got to the tavern, what is the class his character (Sound of Stone) and there is not a character sheet on the wiki.

Starting out:
Bones, lvl 1 rogue (striker)
Mercurial, lvl 1 artificer (leader)
Sound of Stone, lvl 1 ??
Artemis Harks, lvl 1 warlord/warlock (leader/striker) (second character, so likely bumped)

and there are lots of people in the tavern now. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Someone

Adventurer
"I'm game for an expedition of sorts. So tell me, Domenicos... what type of business do you and Thogorius work for? Where do you think we should start looking?"

"I don't know!" explaims Domenicos. "I make a living writing and reading letters and assisting at libraries. Thogorius works with port tariffs and taxes. We're amateur historians, but we never thought of going anywhere, when there are so many good authorities we can consult here. Of course, why go anywhere and ask and dig and risk being eaten by a monster when great historians already did that? We just compare, compile and paint a bigger picture."

"But you are... not interested on that, I can see. Hummm... All I know abot the expedition is what Thogorius told me some hours ago. He said, 'I found something, something valuable that could be great for Theotocopolis. I'm going to that tavern, the hanged man, and tell the people there what I found out.' That was hours ago and I'm starting to worry. I've looked for him all the way here, and no sign from him. I know you think that being missing for some hours is nothing to worry about, but you don't know Thogorius. He's like a metronome."

OOC: The recruiting thread for this short adventure is here. If you intend to be part of it, post there, but I'll keep the IC part of the discussion here

orkish_blade

Explorer
"Not interested?" Bones cries incredulously. "I wouldn't say that... I've spent little time among books and scholars, but my old master Fargrim taught me much about the wonders of the deep parts of the world... Rich in history and ancient stories--not to mention treasures. So tell me about your recent discoveries in the libraries of Theotocopolis."

Last edited:

Otakkun

Explorer
"Well, I'm not much of an adventurer myself, but I know most groups need a strong steady arm to keep any pests at bay. So, I'm interested as long as I'm needed for the work."

OOC: Human Battlemind Defender 1, second character (approval pending, as I'm still writting the background).

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases