Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
A young man opens the door and stands in the doorway for a moment, taking in all who stand inside. Long, flowing blond hair blows about a finely sculpted face beneath a broad-brimmed hat complete with feathered plume.

His skin seems deeply tanned and somewhat weathered despite his age. His clothing is all of immaculate make, richly embroidered, here and there laced with cloth-of-gold in ornate designs. He wears a long, thick red cloak pinned with a golden clasp, though it is pushed back to reveal a jewel-studded rapier hilt jutting from his belt. Gold and silver rings shine from his fingers and the gold chains of necklaces or amulets are visible at his neck where the high collar opens.

He flashes a sparkling, white smile and winks at one of the staring barmaids. When he speaks, his voice is a rich baritone.

“Greetings, merry fellows. My name is Dartanian Grey. I come seeking the able companionship of the warriors and wizards I have heard this tavern attracts. My main weapons are my wit and charm, though I have been known to fell the occasional dastardly villain with flashing steel.” His smile broadens to a sparkling grin as he looks about with his sharp blue eyes. “You all look like just the varied lot I had hoped to find here to join me on my many adventures. A round of drinks on me to my new friends!”

[sblock=OOC]Dante isn't quite level 4, but he's close enough to introduce my 3rd PC. Don't know what level said PC will be since there's an unresolved proposal floating around about additional PCs...[/sblock]

Hackxors

First Post
Jaico listens with rapt attention as Raijin explains first his story, and then his adventure with the necromancer. When Raijin finishes, Jaico nods his head slowly.

"Your story is a tragic one, indeed, zan shai." Jaico pauses and lowers his eyes. "It seems that misfortune has replaced jade as the Kingdom's chief export; I, too, did not leave the Kingdom under the most honourable of circumstances." Jaico looks up again, although his stoic expression has changed to one of sadness and regret.

"It is due to the Oni that I appear like this before you now." Jaico suddenly reaffirms his gaze, however, and his expression returns to that of one concealing his emotions. "I have come to this land in order to track down the demon that destroyed my family, and did this -" he points to his eyes, and to his hair " - to me. I cannot return until I have accomplished this task..."

[sblock=Insight 25]It becomes clear to you that he's not revealing everything about himself; although there may be a grain of truth to what Jaico has just said, he probably won't reveal it to a stranger.[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
The wilden cocks his head to look at the gnoll. "I think him, yes. Predator," Devinihm says flatly. "He would be a good reason to limp less."

He turns back to the kobold, then, smiling and extending a bark-covered hand, offers, "I am Devinihm."

The kobold offers his hand. "Jax."

Before he can finish the greeting, however, Jax is led to away by a server to the gnoll's table. He calls back to Devinihm.

"Another time maybe!"

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

The kobold offers his hand. "Jax."

Before he can finish the greeting, however, Jax is led to away by a server to the gnoll's table. He calls back to Devinihm.

"Another time maybe!"

Devinihm opens his mouth as if to say something, then stops. He wanders back over to Earth, saying, "I worry the Jax kobold shouldn't smell of blood near the gnoll."

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I am not. If he is eaten, then it would be his fault. It's nature's law. I think you should not worry much about such things; they are not important in the big scheme of things." offers Earth to the wilden.

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

"I am not. If he is eaten, then it would be his fault. It's nature's law. I think you should not worry much about such things; they are not important in the big scheme of things." offers Earth to the wilden.

Devinihm considers this a moment.

"I suppose this is true. The hive continues unabated by the loss of a single member," he says. "Still, I am still sad when I see the little ones squashed. But this is a place of heroes, yes? It would be just as ill-advised for the gnoll to eat someone as for Jax to tempt him. I'll trust to that balance, I think."

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dartanian nods in satisfaction as the barmaids begin to deliver a round for everyone in the tavern, many of the regulars raising a cheer. He begins to move towards a table, but is intercepted by the bartender with a quickly drawn-up bill.

Dartanian's eyes widen, then he winces as he reaches into his pouch and begins counting out coins, giving now half-hearted smiles to grateful patrons that pause to slap him on the back on their way to the bar to collect their drinks.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Dartanian finally finishes paying the bill, walks over to the coat-rack by the door to set his hand, then turns back towards the table where Earth and Devinihm are sitting. He smiles at the two of them and begins to move their way when the young man's eyes suddenly fill with terror and he flies backwards off his feet towards the door of the tavern.

Dartanian has time for a short, strangled scream and is gone. From outside comes a quick muffled sob, the brutal sounds of rending, tearing flesh, then silence...

[sblock=Adventure]...that was not my new PC. If anyone wants to head outside and investigate what just happened, head on to the adventure thread here. Even if you don't end up going on the adventure, you can come check it out - right now there's no level range for the adventure so I'll pretty much take anyone.[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Old elf turns his head toward the scream, but his blind eyes miss the door and he seemingly focuses too much left. When additional sounds come however he gets up and starts fairly fast toward the door, his head fixed in the direction of the sounds.

He goes slightly off as the sounds move away, adjusting at the last moment as he gets the whiff of fresh air from the door. Still he painfully strikes the door frame with his shoulder in his hurry.

Voda Vosa

First Post
"That my friend, might the the calling I was waiting for." states Earth, before darting outside, an an incredible speed, considering his hulking size and constitution.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases