Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Voda Vosa

First Post
"I haven't spoken to rock, but the molds and mosses and lichens enjoy rock. They must have told rock about me," Devinihm concludes simply. Then he cocks his head. "My clan sometimes says my curiosity isn't natural, but I'm not so sure. What half of you isn't natural? Is it your left side, or your right side; they look the same to me, really."
"I was told I once was a machine, crafted in a forge by dwarfs. I was a golem, named Battleram, used to kill and battle. But I was utterly destroyed once, and Earth embraced me. I was then activated again by my father, a dwarf named Foldin. I am no longer a warforged, I am now Earth." explains the walking statue.

"Oh, excellent. Some of the nearby clans are guardians, but my clan were more ... gardeners?" he says. "But sometimes my curiosity got me into trouble, and I could have used a guardian. Lucky to find you, then." the young wilden says with a smile.

As others enter the tavern, Devinihm looks them over briefly.

"That one seems to have a problem with its eyes," he says to Earth, unaware of any social impropriety for his bluntness. "And that one has a very pretty staff. I wonder if he carved it himself? Mine is very plain, but maybe I should decorate it. What do you think?"

"I think simplicity is beautiful." Earth states, bowing slightly and showing a small sapling, growing on the dirt of his back. It is bright green and has only two small leaves.

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

"I was told I once was a machine, crafted in a forge by dwarfs. I was a golem, named Battleram, used to kill and battle. But I was utterly destroyed once, and Earth embraced me. I was then activated again by my father, a dwarf named Foldin. I am no longer a warforged, I am now Earth." explains the walking statue.

Devinihm's eyes grow wide at the tale. "Why, you've had adventure since before you were born. What an excellent life you must lead," he says.

"I think simplicity is beautiful." Earth states, bowing slightly and showing a small sapling, growing on the dirt of his back. It is bright green and has only two small leaves.

The wilden's attention is quickly taken when he sees the sapling. His own leaf cloak quivers a bit. "I see your point. Beautiful, that," he whispers.

Luinnar

First Post
[sblock=my party]
I'm currently talking to someone with the leader. Once the party is finilized I'll post the topic. The adventure won't start until around Sunday since one of the players will be gone until then.

Until then go ahead and level up your character if you need to. Also please update your wish lists (or add one if you don't have one, have one magic item for each level, at least starting at character level -1 to character level +2 and ranks them according to how much you want them) and make sure your character hooks are updated in case I use them.

Thanks
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
A 2nd level (pending) sorcerer. Looks like the only adventure recruiting has 3 strikers already! So Raijin will hang out a bit.

Yes, and now there are two sorcerers waiting. it seems I'll be waiting for a long time. It's my third so I'll sit it out unless directly called for.

"That one seems to have a problem with its eyes," he says to Earth, unaware of any social impropriety for his bluntness.

The blind man's head swivels toward the sound and he stops his slow walk toward the bar and he comes toward two earthly creatures.
"I really have problems with the eyes, but man is only disabled as much as he lets it happen. There are other senses equally important."
He cocks his head listening to rustling of twigs and leaves and sand falling off Earth.
"May I?" he extends the hand first toward wilden as if to touch it

jkason

First Post
Devinihm, wilden druid

The blind man's head swivels toward the sound and he stops his slow walk toward the bar and he comes toward two earthly creatures.
"I really have problems with the eyes, but man is only disabled as much as he lets it happen. There are other senses equally important."
He cocks his head listening to rustling of twigs and leaves and sand falling off Earth.

Devinihm cocks his own head, nods, then realizes its unlikely his nod would mean anything to the blind.

"Feel free," he says, standing still for inspection. He gently takes the man's hand and leads it to his natural leaf cloak.

Dekana

Explorer
The tavern door bursts open as a green kobold slams through it. He collapses to his knees and begins crawling toward the closest table. The pitiful creature bears a variety of recently-suffered injuries, from arrow wounds to claw marks made by what must have been an enormous creature.

He is, however, dressed in unbloodied puffy pants and a shiny new helmet.

*Huff*... *huff*... "Med... medicine..." He cries out with a dog-like whimper. "Is there a healer?" He struggles to exert every word.

[sblock=Insight 25 or Heal 20]The kobold looks genuinely tired, and the wounds are real enough, but he is exaggerating the amount of pain he is in. It seems that he is deliberately trying to get some sympathy... or free healing perhaps?

Bluff (1d20+7=25)[/sblock]

Sanzuo

First Post
The tavern door bursts open as a green kobold slams through it. He collapses to his knees and begins crawling toward the closest table. The pitiful creature bears a variety of recently-suffered injuries, from arrow wounds to claw marks made by what must have been an enormous creature.

He is, however, dressed in unbloodied puffy pants and a shiny new helmet.

*Huff*... *huff*... "Med... medicine..." He cries out with a dog-like whimper. "Is there a healer?" He struggles to exert every word.

HM?

RAM TIGER watches the wounded kobold crawl across the floor. This place really does have full service. Fortunately RAM TIGER is about to burst from all the meat the staff shoves into him seemingly to keep him complacent.

Voda Vosa

First Post

"I see no reason for which you couldn't." states bluntly the warforged.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Blind elf turns toward the voice and feels for the Earth's face.

He stops at the contact of earth and his head dips aside and his hand searches for origin of the voice then settles on the warforged again.
"I thought I'd encounter flesh or at least metal, not earth. What brings you here in the city?"

He feels it's face then neck and stops as he reaches the shoulders.

With permission he repeats the procedure with the wilden. Sucking his finger as sharp briars cuts it he settles down.

Grabbing passing servant and almost causing it to spill the tray she's carrying he asks for
"Tea, please, Evertide green if you have it. Any green if not. Thank you."

Remove ads