Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

Wife Of Meepo

First Post
Proudman smiles at the Hamadryad as she enters the Hanged man and takes a seat.

"Glad to see you again. I have another job for you if you're willing. Long story short, I need you to help the others clean up some more invaders that got past some of my men and are now causing havoc. Now that I have you all here, I would highly suggest that you guys try to pick up another to tag along with you. The sewers are a dangerous place if you're not familiar with them, and I've heard rumors of large beasts, giant reptiles, were rats, and more living down there."

Ilex gets right down to business. "In the sewers, hmm, do we have access to maps of them? Do we have any contacts, that can help us track where the filth have gone too?" Many more questions come to Ilex's mind but she realizes she needs to give time for these to be answered first, then fills in "OH, yes, I'd work with this crew anytime. Do we have any others interested yet in joining us? We could use a bit more healing ability but ability to silence the raiders is good too!"

Proudman thinks hard about the questions presented to him by Ilex.

"Beautiful and intelligent... marvelous. No offense, I hope, I'm just not used to working with those that have such a grasp of the obvious. Most of my men just follow orders and rush in to whatever they're told to do. Hmm... I don't have direct access to any sewer plans...but you may want to check with the city planning division. They might be able to help you out there. Unfortunately, I don't have the man-power available to send someone with you that might have personal experience in the sewers, but you may be able to find someone else (perhaps another adventurer such as yourselves?) that might be capable of tracking these bastards down."

jbear

First Post
Leather smiles. "Sewers? I don't think we will need plans of the sewers. My ... friend ... he spends a lot of time down there. He's made them his home you might say. If something is moving down there, stamping on his turf, well, he's bound to know something. But we'll need some food to convince him to cooperate. Something not made of rat. He hates rat."

He looks around the tavern. "That's not to say we couldn't use a tracker. But I'm sure we can narrow the area down. A lot." He heads closer to the door. "I'll go get his belly rumbling with the promise of warm food. He works better that way."

OOC: Too early to get Belly Ache on the job [MENTION=6684473]CrimsonFlameWielder[/MENTION] ?

As for the party build: It's pretty balanced so far with a Leader/Controller a Controller/Leader, a Defender/striker and a Striker/Defender. So go with whatever IMHO. A hybrid leader of some sort might be welcome, adding a bit more healing but a bit more of something else as well.

WEContact

First Post
OOC: Haaku is not at all a Defender by the way. I know it says Fighter on his sheet but that is a trick. The full extent of my defenderness is that I can mark with Rain of Blows and Footwork Lure- things I hit with Rain of Blows will generally be dead, and I pretty much won't ever use Footwork Lure unless I desperately need the forced movement to break a grab or something.

Goldhammer

First Post
There's a loud bang as a great mountain of a human woman bursts through the doors of the inn. "Greetings noble heroes. I, Torqua Debu the Great Sorceress, the Fatromancer, the Wide Witch, The Bellychanter, the Massive Mage, the Bloated Beauty and the hero of Asamadar, have returned after so long." She annonces as she takes a small bow, clearly a humble lady. The super sized sorceress with a stomach the size of small house has dark brown skin, platinum blonde hair with a pair of gold rimmed glasses and is dressed in an orange and white robe with matching feathered cap.

Wasting no time, she marches her way down to the bar and calls for the barkeep. "An Ale sir. Tall, wide and strong and nothing less!" The huge woman orders gruffly, slamming her fist on the bar. "Annnnnd throw in some strawberry slices in ther if you got em."

OOC: Torqua Debu is a lvl2 human sorc. wiki here: PC:Torqua Debu (Goldhammer) - L4W Wiki

Son of Meepo

First Post
The gnoll, Fhangrim, looks at the newcomer and then back to Leather.

"I like that one. We should take her along. At worst, if she doesn't survive, we won't have to worry about food while we're down there."

But then he wonders about something. Turning to the Lieutenant he adds.

"Hey Proudman, are the sewer tunnels wide enough for that one?"

Proudman startles a bit when Fhangrim addresses him, having not been able to take his eyes off of Torqua since she entered. In a town full of adventuring types, it was unusual (to say the least) to find someone that was...larger than life...here in the Hanged Man, let alone being an accomplished heroine.

"Greeting Torqua. This band of adventurers is headed into the sewers to eliminate some of the unwanted guests that recently made themselves known to us. It looks like they could use one extra on the team. Are you looking for work? If so, I can pay you handsomely for completing the task."

With a smirk on his face, he walks back over to Fhangrim whipsering to the Gnoll. "The tunnels are about fifteen feet wide in most spots, so I think you'll be fine unless she uses a duplication spell."

Goldhammer

First Post
"Sewers? I'm not very fond of Sewers." Torqua says. "Not since the last time I was down there anyway."

The Massive Mage takes her strawberry ale and sits down on a barstool, it growning in pain under her bulk. "However Torqua Debu is not without kindness and would be willing to lend my magical wieght to this task, no matter how very unpleasent it may be."

"As for fitting through the tunnels, I shall fit for now, but the way this thing keeps growing, I won't be need any sort of duplication spell." Torqua adds, poking her fat stomach. "Now tell me more about this "Handsome" reward. Will it just be gold or can we expect something a bit...bigger? Saving the city as we were.

"You won't be displeased with your reward, just ask your new companions. Plus, anything you happen to find down there that either isn't part of the architecture or isn't strictly city property, which you'll know when you see the city stamp, is yours to keep. So if you're all ready, you can follow me to the last place we tracked the invaders to."

With that, the Lieutenant turns to the motley group and heads out the doors of the Hanged Man.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases