Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: "Aaaaalmost there" -Star Wars Ep IV.

I swear! One more day. Thought I could do it tonight, but here it is, midnight almost, and I'm not even through updating a post with everyone's stats.

[MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION]: I've put Larrick at the back of the tavern, but I'm going to need max hp and max hs for her.

[MENTION=82643]CaBaNa[/MENTION]: I need a starting location.

I'll post tomorrow night. Promise!

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"You did unspeakable things to my mother as you forced me to watch, then dragged her away to sell as a slave, or worse. When I tried to resist, you hewed off my tail and horns and threw me into our burning house to die. I lay in the fire and ash as you laughed and walked away, but I wouldn't die. I rose from the flames and made them part of me and I've been walking behind you ever since. No longer."
Rhagast laughs at Phoenix, "Ahahahaha, Ye musta' been that-thar gal I sees so many yeers ago." his laugh quickly turns to a sneer, "Looks like we didn' finsish prettyin' ye up," the minortaur lifts his axe, "Whell, looks like we can finish now."

While Rhagast seems to be talking up a fight, Phoenix never intended this to be simply a war of words. By the time Rhagast finishes his taunt, the de-horned tiefling is already upon him.

Most patrons watch the unfolding conflict with nothing more than curiosity, yet some are compelled to step up as well, hoping that their numbers will make up for the pirate's superior strength and skill.

The dwarf and and the shifter block the exit, while two armed bugbears appear at the back of the room.
OOC: Thank you for waiting for me. I'm finally up and going. Now to dig out. Though the fight is going on in The Hanged Man, we will be carrying out he combat in THIS THREAD. I will update the tavern thread with highlights as would be appropriate from the point of view of spectators not directly involved in the action.

So it looks like the participants are (in initiative order):
  • 25 - Phoenix: Level 9 Tiefling Mage/Swordmage (Controller/Defender)
  • 22 - Rhagast: Level 16 Minotaur (Solo Brute)
  • 20 - Brastrix: Level 14 Dragonborn Ranger(Striker)
  • 18 - Graven: Level 1 Warforged Wizard/Swordmage (Controller/Defender)
  • 10 - Artemis: Level 5 Human Hexblade Warlock (Striker)
  • 10 - Gil: Level 6 Human Wizard/Artificer (Controller/Leader) Artemis: Level 5 Human Hexblade Warlock (Striker)
  • 10 - Lerrick: Level 6 ? Cleric (Leader)
Oh, and, of course, Brastrix's cronies.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis lets out a slow, low whistle after Phoenix's display. The human slowly stands, iron rod in his left hand. He grasps his right hand fingers into a fist and blade of darkness extends slowly from his hand. Despite it's darkness, the blade hums and glows with faint light. Motes of light and shadow circle it's length.

"You only live once," he states, mostly to himself.

"Gil, keep Lerrick down and safe."

OOC: Artie is in for the action. He may get squashed, but he's in :)

[sblock=picture] View attachment 50770 [/sblock]

edit:
[sblock=initiative 10] 1d20+3 → [7,3] = (10) Roll Lookup [/sblock]

OOC: [MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION] Is Artemis still okay to join, I think you missed this post from earlier?

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Of course. Sorry about that. Yes. Artemis is actually called out in the thread. Just link in. I won' t be able to post an update until tomorrow night.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The Hanged Man patrons look on as the drama unfolds...

The tiefling maiden concentrates as fires erupt about the minotaur, culminating in the appearance of a ferocious canine beast, aflame with the hatred of hell.

Rhagast bats at the flames as they lick at his soiled garments, but though they are enough to incinerate a normal man, they merely annoy the minotaur.

Ignoring Phoenix's attack, the brute charges straight for Brastrix, "Yar a prize now arent ye matey! Seems tah me it'd be bettar if'n thar were two o' ye... or a'least two pieces!"

The hellhound and Gill suddenly learn that it is not wise to stand in the path of a charging minotaur. The pirate knocks them aside as he crosses the common room in three strides, bringing his axe to bare in a flash.

Brastrix, however, is too quick for the oaf. The blade comes crashing down on the bar leaving a gash that splits the counter clear to the floorboards.

Blagarm's face goes white as a sheet, and he ducks for cover behind a more substantial section of the bar as quickly as he can.
OOC: The previous is fluff from the fight that is currently ongoing in The Hanged Man. If you wish to join, do NOT post your actions here. Send me a PM and post your actions on the next players' turn in the "Rhagast's Row" thread.

Your characters are free, however to RP comments and theatrical reactions to what they see.

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
A small kobold dressed in a rather drab and stained robe walks in, some would say swaggers in, about to confidently announce his name when the minotaur splits the bar. He nimbly dodges out of the doorway and under a nearby patrons chair. "By Tiamat's bloody necklines I think I found it," he tugs on a nearby patron's pants leg, "Iz 'dos the Hanged Man? The great Ignus Ironbrand has finally arrived." While staying under the table, "Seems to be a hot place," he gives the man a scaly, toothy grin at the rather lame joke. When the man only half laughs Ignus mumbles something about it being funnier in draconic. Scratching at an ugly brand on his forehead he stays safely under the table watching the fight.
OOC:
Nice to see a brawl, but this level one monk doesn't want anything to do with it.

rb780nm

First Post
A strange insectoid creature walks through the door. Stranger still, it is wearing clothing - just a simple loin cloth and few bandoleers, strung with bags and pouches. It carries a crude stone tipped spear in it's upper pair of arms and in the slightly smaller pair of arms below that, it has a sling and a handful of stones.

Its face is dominated by two features: Large, sharp mandibles surrounding a small mouth and pair of giant, amber eyes. The eyes hold your attention for a moment, as you see yourself reflected back a thousand thousand times from the many facets.

The mandibles clack and a series of high pitched click and whistles emerge from the thing's face. Then, astoundingly, it switches to rudimentary common "In speech of my people, that is my name. In your tongue, it means, roughly, 'Sound of a stone striking hot metal to make a blade, of the three-twelves and seventh clutch of the red granite' - That too long for your people, so I called Sound of Stone here"

Sound of Stone waves to the bar staff and several others he recognizes and then takes a place where he can observe the fighting.

OOC:
After being busy for a bit, Sound of stone is back. (lvl4 Thri-kreen Monk)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases