D&D 4th Edition Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man - Page 170

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Ignore H.M.Gimlord
    Mikara stares at her eighth mug, "Take yahr time gahl. S'briety's no' ahl tis cacktup tah be." Blagarm profers his sage wisdom to the inebriated elf.

She nods groggily to bartender, her eyes never leaving the mug, "Defffff'nately!" and slips immediately into a beer coma.

The eighth mug goes undrunk...for now.
    OOC: I've got Mikara Li Mesadh Level 7 Elf Ranger

I've named the bartender "Blagarm" after an innkeeper in Rioc Alair. He was caught there aiding and abetting thieves and banished on the threat of hanging, should he ever return. Since then, he has found work at the Hanged Man in Daunton. He is not a PC, and ANYONE can RP him as they see fit.

I tend to play him with a Scottish (Scotch?) accent.

If you don't like the idea, or want to change things up, feel free to change him out with another bartender, or have his shift end. .
    Last edited by H.M.Gimlord; Thursday, 24th November, 2011 at 04:11 PM.
    LEB Character: Arkavas - Deva Artivicer 5
    L4W Character: Mikara Li Mesadh - Elf Ranger 7
    L4W Character: Eithal Lemindt Arehei - Goliath Warden 10
    L4W Character: Ixenvalignat - Dragonborn Warlord 3

"Taking one's chances is like taking a bath, because sometimes, you end up feeling comfortable and warm, and sometimes, there is something terrible lurking around that you cannot see until it is too late, and you can do nothing else but scream and cling to a plastic duck." -Lemony Snicket The Slippery Slope

Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Ignore Velmont
    "You can say the name" replies Jarel-kern to Rocco. "but you have to accept to have an angry god on your back."

"If you ever need help, you can find me here. If I'm gone, it must be because I will be on another quest to save Daunton or the world... just routine.

Oh, and avoid the deep of Daunton, you could fall on an Aboleth. Those creature are pretty nasty and play with your mind."

OOC: Jarel-karn, Swordmage lvl 9 ready for action.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

"Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

Ignore Voda Vosa
    The construct made of soil plants and rocks stands immobile in the centre of the room. If you look at it quickly, it resembles a mound of earth, a small hill perhaps. There's a tiny cute flower plant on his right shoulder, that hangs it's trumpet-like inflorescence on Earth's right side.

Earth, level 9 warden ready to... rock?
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

The human archer walks over near the cleric, waiting for instruction. Years in the military beat patience into his demeanor.

OOC: Level 8 hunter "Quan" Thatcher ready for duty. PC:Leopold Quantico Thatcher (FourMonos) - L4W Wiki

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries

Ignore stonegod
    As the drow reappears, he smiles at the other's reaction. He bows at Bell and Phoenix wryly. A good romp, I say. Could use more of that, certainly.
    OOC: Damen Bane, Drow Outlaw Thief 9.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

"You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

Lama (Lvl 13)

Ignore jbear
    The Cursed One looks on in awe at the arrival of a group of such mighty adventurers. He stands up to approach them and offer his services but his legs grow weak and he sits back down opening and closing his mouth silently. In the end he raises his hand and asks

"Another drink, barman!

He flinches as a bottle topples from the shelf behind the bar with a loud crash is it shatters sending its liquid contents in a wide radius. Blushing deeply, the Cursed One attempts to mask his embarrassment with his best not-guilty face.

OOC: The was me raising my hand for interest in participating as the 6th PC in the party despite being 2 levels too low. How do treasure parcels work? Everyone gets something at the end of the adventure or treasure is found and allocated to specific PCs as the adventure goes on? Because perhaps The Cursed One could receive a parcel of a magical sword or holy symbol early on to bump his attack up +1 to be competitive with moster defenses. Where do I read the rules about treasure parcels?
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Dekana
    roll call
    Is the crew from And the Uppity Shoeshine still up and about in the tavern? Toeto has retired, but it's about time I took a turn DMing for the group...

@H.M.Gimlord - Eithal
    @Xeterog - Fredrock
    @Luinnar - Kaz
    @Mewness - Scarmiglione
    @ronakshah2000 - Yishim

We'd need a leader, so maybe someone from the Colosseum group can oblige.
    Last edited by Dekana; Friday, 25th November, 2011 at 05:15 AM.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

Quote Originally Posted by Dekana View Post
    roll call
    Is the crew from And the Uppity Shoeshine still up and about in the tavern? Toeto has retired, but it's about time I took a turn DMing for the group...

@H.M.Gimlord - Eithal
    @Xeterog - Fredrock
    @Luinnar - Kaz
    @Mewness - Scarmiglione
    @ronakshah2000 - Yishim

We'd need a leader, so maybe someone from the Colosseum group can oblige.
    OOC: Kaz has not leveled up yet, but I'd be happy to join! (I think he is level 7)
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore MetaVoid
    Quote Originally Posted by Velmont View Post
    "You can say the name" replies Jarel-kern to Rocco. "but you have to accept to have an angry god on your back."
    "It's all about balance. On Kythira there is a shadowrift. It corrupts few animals that come too close or something sinister comes through. As a reaction to that advantage, the prey species grow better, faster or develop some ability they wouldn't otherwise have to counter it. Which in turn causes normal predators to die out since they cannot compete. But some survive and become enhanced like their pray with power of nature. Or even light, what you would call goodness or holyness. If there is a center of goodness then it gets besieged by evil."

Touch of sadness comes over the wilden, before she continues.

"That is the way of the world. You, Rocco, just became one of the enhanced hunters. You paid the price, now you can go and kill the prey you couldn't before, but only as long as they don't evolve."

"And I need to return to my homeland to do something about the siege." she murmurs to herself.

Quote Originally Posted by Voda Vosa View Post
    The construct made of soil plants and rocks stands immobile in the centre of the room. If you look at it quickly, it resembles a mound of earth, a small hill perhaps. There's a tiny cute flower plant on his right shoulder, that hangs it's trumpet-like inflorescence on Earth's right side.
    When Earth was teleported away, Ironheart took his place in the center of the room. Now, as the soil construct returns, it suddenly wells up beneath the Wood Woad's roots. Ironheart is heaved towards the ceiling as the hill grows, and reflexively jerks his upper limbs out for balance. His crown of branches strikes the rafters and grabs on to steady himself.

Surprised and pleased by the sensation of soil beneath him, Ironheart stretches and sighs, wriggling his roots into Earth's back. He returns to his reverie, though now a dreamy smile plays across his bark.

The center of the tavern now appears to be a small hill covered with flowers, with a tree growing out of it.

OOC

I don't deny, when I said, "Ironheart takes Earth's place" earlier, I hoped something like this would happen...

I'm kind of cheating here: Ironheart is zoned out because he's actually in Desolation Island, and I'm calling it an adventure he had before coming to the tavern rather than having him leave again.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 170 of 294 FirstFirst ... 70 120 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 220 270 ... LastLast