D&D 4th Edition Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man - Page 220

A young half-orc enters the bar. Glancing around, his eyes fix on Sir ExSixTen and Jax lying on the floor, bloody.

"What in the nine hells is going on in here?"

Dorn rushes to Jax's side.

"Jax, who did this?"

Scout (Lvl 6)

Ignore Dekana
    "Unf..." Jax grunts as he lifts himself from the ground. He looks around woozily. "What happened? It felt like my veins were on fire... And then I was on the ground, and then lightning hit me." Jax notices Sir Exsixten and his paddles. "..... Oh."

"Wait - Jaz, is that you?" The rogue begins to wonder if maybe he is a ghost and Jaz is dead too.
    close the world, .txEn eht nepo

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    "I didn't see it clearly, but he fell over right when this scruffy-looking character showed up," Shark-Quagmire growls, squinting at Uncle Jaz with a cold piscine glare.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Quote Originally Posted by Dekana View Post
    Wait - Jaz, is that you?" The rogue begins to wonder if maybe he is a ghost and Jaz is dead too.
    Jax, I thought you were dead! Uncle Jaz cries giving Jax a hug. How is my favorite nephew doing?

Nevermind, let us not talk here with all the softskins around
    he says looking at the strange shark creature and the, um, whatevers. he says looking at Sir ExSixTen.

He gets off and brushes his jacket off. Remember, come to Trapspringer's Traptastic Trapporium in Bacarte for all your trap needs! Guaranteed to be thief proof, burglar proof and Kender proof or gold back! The only thing that is not a trap is the prices! he announces to the tavern.

Now come with me, Uncle Jaz says, grabbing Jax by the hand and dragging him off to a private room he reserved.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

Sir Exsixten puts his paddles away and follows to the private room, the horde of wolf pups trailing behind him.

Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe
    Quagmire mutters something indecipherable about relatives, then abruptly reverts to his usual hobgoblin form. He lets out a bellow of surprise, then begins checking himself over. Satisfied that all his parts are back to their usual configuration and in full working order, he grabs a pair of large steins off of a passing tray. Ignoring the waiter's cry of protest, he drains one of them at a pull, drops it, and follows the others to the private room, foaming beverage in hand.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Dorn does a double take at Quagmire's transformation.

I guess I'm not the only one with some new tricks...

He shrugs, then follows the others out.

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore BenBrown
    As Jaz & company leave the room, the front door opens, and a tall female in Imperial-style armor enters the room. A slighty feral look in her features marks her as a shifter. She strides in, with a glaive balanced over her shoulder, a canvas cover over the blade, but not over the ring of spikes on the haft just as the blade joins it.

She walks calmly to the center of the room, looks around, then asks in a calm voice "has anyone seen a kobold?"
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

Quote Originally Posted by BenBrown View Post
    She walks calmly to the center of the room, looks around, then asks in a calm voice "has anyone seen a kobold?"
    That instant Jaz the kobold and company exit their private room and casually walk out of the tavern behind the shifter.
    My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore BenBrown
    The shifter watches them leave.

"Um, not those ones," she says. "One specific kobold. We were heading here from... well, that's not important. I lost track of him. His name's Papolstaanas. He was wearing armor last time I saw him, and big round shield. I hope he's okay. He's a nice kid and I wouldn't want anything to happen to him. Anyone who's seen him, let me know."
    L4E characters: Fenwick Orc Barbarian 9, Kaeysari Shifter Fighter 7, The Black Fox Bard 4

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 220 of 294 FirstFirst ... 120 170 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 270 ... LastLast