D&D 4th Edition Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man - Page 252

+ Log in or register to post
Page 252 of 294 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... LastLast
Results 2,511 to 2,520 of 2938
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

° Ignore CaBaNa
    Wait, Sharpe, puppets? Kamotz, looking thoroughly confused grabs his triple headed flail and makes a snuffling noise. Whiggins stands and the pair look to Vermitrax, I'm going to need that puppet show, I don't think I understand... If phylactery regenerate themselves why don't we just kill the lich? bobbing up and down, head swiveling left and right, Kamotz looks as though he wants to travel in every direction at once. The shifter eventually settles on sitting still until Vermitrax answers him, however he looks longingly toward the door as the screams of chaos drift into the tavern.
    MAGIC!

Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

° Ignore Voda Vosa
    "Its the other way around, lich regenerates, phylanctery doesn't. Break phylanctery to kill lich, yes?" Vermitrax resorts to simpler language. He seems distracted form a moment, and then a frown of concern crossed his face "We must hurry, everyone, gather you things, we are leaving."

OOC: roll call for the ones in Undwrneath the Undead! @jbear you can join on the way, as soon as you finish. The sooner the better though
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

° Ignore WEContact
    Chambers gets out of his chair laboriously. He doesn't say anything, just dons a grumpy look and draws a javelin in one hand and a long knife in the other.

OOC: Here! L1 group is 2 Controllers and a L3 Striker|Defender? The Controllers have 22/6 and 20/5 hp/surges, respectively? Hahahahoboy.

"Listen, Kamotz." Zaroch explains. "A phylactery is a little box containing tiny slips of paper with prayers and scripture writeen upon them. The kind of phylactery that liches have are filled with nasty prayers against Lauto. As long as a lich's phylactery exists, Lauto will not be able to claim their souls, and the lich will continue walking the world of the living."

OOC: Present.

Quote Originally Posted by WEContact View Post
    L1 group is 2 Controllers and a L3 Striker|Defender? The Controllers have 22/6 and 20/5 hp/surges, respectively? Hahahahoboy.
    Yea, I would feel a lot better if we had a Leader in tow. We're also both optimized for controlling single targets, so I hope there's a lot of elites and solos.

NONONONONO! Sharpe shouts. A phylactery is a little box that has undead stuff in it, and if that stuff is there than the other stuff does not have to be inside the thing and then the Lich can respawn after a day and come back to life.

Or it has something to do with dragons, I forgot which.

My PBP characters: http://tinyurl.com/yy9skz2

Quote Originally Posted by Luinnar View Post
    NONONONONO! Sharpe shouts. A phylactery is a little box that has undead stuff in it, and if that stuff is there than the other stuff does not have to be inside the thing and then the Lich can respawn after a day and come back to life.

Or it has something to do with dragons, I forgot which.

"I don't even know how to..." Zaroch trails off while massaging his temple with two fingers. "Phylacteries aren't an 'undead' thing, they're a religious th...

"You know what? Nevermind. Sharpe is right. It's a little box filled with 'undead stuff' and tiny invisible dragons. And those tiny invisible dragons are saying mean stuff about you and your family."

Guide (Lvl 11)

° Ignore Someone
    Quote Originally Posted by WEContact View Post
    Chambers gets out of his chair laboriously. He doesn't say anything, just dons a grumpy look and draws a javelin in one hand and a long knife in the other.

OOC: Here! L1 group is 2 Controllers and a L3 Striker|Defender? The Controllers have 22/6 and 20/5 hp/surges, respectively? Hahahahoboy.
    OOC: I once played an adventure with 3 level 1 and 1 lvl 3 controllers and 1 leader|striker. It worked, but killing solos was... slow.

OOC: I'm still greatly amused at how turned around Kamotz must be getting. I can just picture him assaulting a high priest during a service because he now believes that all phylacteries are evil lich sustaining things.

Defender (Lvl 8)

Blog Entries

° Ignore dimsdale
    Quote Originally Posted by Luinnar View Post
    You owe me 10 platinum pieces, get back here you cheapskate! Sharpe yells to the retreating figure of Brother Navio.
    [/sblock]
    Brother Navio peeks back in after hearing the bard. My heavens, you're right! I'll square my debt with you and your comrades when I get back. I'm sorry...I've..been a distracted lately. Forgive me. the cleric gulps as he sees the dragon look at him as if he were a fresh kill. He then quickly retreats to the task at hand.

Luinnar

The answer to your question is... NO Have him eat someone else instead.
    Characters: Kruk (Lvl 11), Max (Lvl 11), Lerrick (Lvl 6)

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

° Ignore CaBaNa
    Quote Originally Posted by Voda Vosa View Post
    "Its the other way around, lich regenerates, phylanctery doesn't. Break phylanctery to kill lich, yes?" Vermitrax resorts to simpler language. He seems distracted form a moment, and then a frown of concern crossed his face "We must hurry, everyone, gather you things, we are leaving."

OOC: roll call for the ones in Undwrneath the Undead! @jbear you can join on the way, as soon as you finish. The sooner the better though
    I've met a Lich and he regenerated, Lauto's holy light touched him, then I smashed him with my flail! Then he crumbled to dust! Kamotz says this slowly as if Vermitrax had never heard of Lauto before.

Quote Originally Posted by BedLlama View Post
    "I don't even know how to..." Zaroch trails off while massaging his temple with two fingers. "Phylacteries aren't an 'undead' thing, they're a religious th...

"You know what? Nevermind. Sharpe is right. It's a little box filled with 'undead stuff' and tiny invisible dragons. And those tiny invisible dragons are saying mean stuff about you and your family."
    Kamotz has a sudden burst of insight Both! We should destroy both! Kill all the undead in the phylacteries and the Lich! What about THAT?! this being said as the pack slid through the door with practiced ease, not even touching the framework.

Once outdoors they glanced the dragon a few times, but continued following Vermitrax with heavy curiosity.
    Last edited by CaBaNa; Tuesday, 21st August, 2012 at 06:56 AM.
    MAGIC!

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 252 of 294 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 ... LastLast