Adventure: Lord Byron's Lost Silver (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

Tenchuu

First Post
Lord Byron's
Lost Silver

An Adventure for the Killerdragons! ...or whatever it is you decide to call yourselves.

Characters:

Wil Rando (Half-Elf Bard)
Hergunna (Human Druid)
Kane (Bugbear Barbarian)
Kruk Dwarf Fighter)
Carolina (Halfling Rogue)
Charina (Drow Rogue)

[sblock=Rules and other fine print]
OK. Borrowed most of this from H.M.Gimlord, because he does it right, and why re-invent the wheel.

Player Info:
I pretty much demand that you to include mini stat blocks in your posts, or at least a link to your character sheet in your signature. Mini-stat blocks allow you to keep track of your own healing surges, power usages, acquired items, etc... without having to ask the DM all the time. It's not the end of the world if you forget, but please be sure to include it when you are posting an action block. It also make it easier for me to check basic stats.

[sblock=Example mini-stats (shamelessly stolen from HM)]
Arkavas - deva artivicer 4

Initiative: +2, Passive perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15

Defenses:
AC: 21, For: 16, Ref: 18, Will: 17

Vitality:
HP: 41, Surges: 4 AP: 1

Languages:
Common, Goblin, Draconic, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Supernal

Basic Attacks:
Melee: +11 vs AC, 1d12+6
Ranged: +4 vs AC, 1d8

Powers:
Thundering Armor, Magic Weapon
Scouring Weapon, Force Infusion
Caustic Rampart

Weapons:
Staff of Ruin +1, Vengefull Fullblate +1, Repeating Crossbow, Amulet of Protection +1

Healing Infusions 2:
Choose From:
Curative Admixture,
Resistive Formula,

[/sblock]

Passive checks: I will roll passive checks from time to time.

If these checks result in information (i.e.: there are arrow holes in the walls of this corridor, that dragon has one eye open, etc...), I will reveal the information in a spoiler specifically addressed to one or more characters. If you are not one of the intended characters, please do not read these spoilers. The character, however, is welcome to, in character, reveal the contents of the spoiler to the others. I'm not going to police this or anything, but the story goes more like a story, when it's done this way. Please feel free to get into your character with the information you have (or don’t have).

If the passive check results in a turn of events (i.e.: a trap springing, a monster gaining surprise, failure to realize that the guy was lying all the time) the passive roll will be posted at the time that the event happens.

Combat: Malenkirk Rules! Malenkirk rules, for the most part. Some of the bad guys have been customized for this adventure.

DM Posts during combat will include:

Status of all players, monsters, NPCs etc... indicating Name, Location, HP/MaxHP, State, Healing Surges Left, Action Points left (i.e.:: Arkavas I6 -1/41 Dying HS 0 AP 1)

Map in the form of a grid, hopefully with coordinates

Enemy Mini Stat Blocks
including HP, AC, Fort, Refl, Will, Immunities, Resistance, and Basic Attack. If there are more specialized powers, I will post them at the time of their use.

Time's Up!: I will give players 48 hours to post, at the end of which time I reserve the right to RP the player's character on his behalf. I will use the most appropriate actions and At-Will powers only.

(this is rule created by Velmont, used by HM, strict adherence to which ensures a good game pace)

Exceptions: If you will be out for a long time and unable to post, please let the party know and assign responsibility to either myself or another, willing player for RPing your character, or I can write in a scenario that takes you out of the picture until your return (The former is preferred).

[sblock= What are Malenkirk Rules?]

Named after their inventor Mal Malenkirk (Mal, if you are reading this, why are you reading this and how big is your head now?)

In a nutshell:

• Players roll initiative individually, bad guys roll one initiative roll
  • Players with higher init than bad guys go first
  • then all the bad guys go
  • Then all the players go. From this point, we alternate players vs bad guys
  • Good guy turns happen in first post - first acted order.
  • Illegal post-overs will be resolved in that round
  • Legal post-overs stand even if each didn't know the other was posting.
[/sblock]

Treasure: Keep a wish list on your character sheet up to date with what you would like, and I’ll try to accommodate within reason. Items will be given relative to player level. Parcel Gold/Items will be evenly divided at the end.

Die Rolling: Roll your dice on Invisible Castle. If invisible castle is down, try Dice Room using your character name and the name of this adventure ("Lord Byron's Lost Silver") as the room name. In either case highlight the die roll in your post and use the 'Insert Link' button to post a link to your die rolls.

Dice room clears the visible roll history pretty quickly now, so you probably want to use IC.

Out of Character Content:
Post out of character content (i.e.: complaints, tactics, mechanics, etc...) in a spoiler with the letters 'OOC' in the title.

[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Story Spoiler... sort of]
I wasn't sure if I should do this or not, unsure which will provide a better experience for you the player. So, in the nested spoiler is some suggested reading about the adventure to come. Its not necessarily information your characters would know (save perhaps Mal's, and then only bits of it), but knowing it may make the story, as it unfolds, more interesting. So, the choice is yours.
[sblock=Spoiler]
Much the the adventure is based on my Allaria re-write; or rather, I re-wrote Allaria so that I could run this adventure, with interesting hooks. So, I suggest you give it a read, so when I mention people/places/etc, it's not totally meaningless.

Allaria - L4W Wiki
[/sblock][/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
After drink his fill of boatdock brew, kruk finds a rainbarrel and dunks his head into it. Yanking his head out and swishing it to-and-from like a dog that just got out of a lake, Kruk smiles and states "ah HAAAA! Now I'm ready!...err...where are we going?" And then it hit's him...his eyes mist up and he wipes them with his forearm "We're come'n Greggor...we're come'n." He states barely audible.

[sblock=ooc]
Tenchuu...I put kruks shield and armor bonuses in the statblock. I was still confused on where in the summary I should put them. Also, short rest means that dailies are not recharged right?
[/sblock]

[sblock=stats]

Kruk- Dwarf Guardain Fighter Level 6

*Adverse Condition: None
*Initiative: +3
*Passive Insight 15
*Passive Perception 15
*Senses low light vision
*HP 67
*Bloodied 32 Surge Value 11; Surges Per-Day 12 6
*AC 24 Fortitude 22 Reflex 16 Will 18 Speed 5
*Save +5 vs. poison
*action Points:
*Second Wind:
basic attack:+1 Thundering Battleaxe: To Hit: +12: Damage 1d10+5: additional 1d6 for a crit
Powers
*1 healing potion: reward from To Catch a Crimelord
*1 Regeneration potion: reward from Lord Byron's High Seas High Stakes
*At will:
Brash Strike
Resolute Shield
*Encounter:
Covering Attack
Bull Charge
Boot Power
Unbreakable
*Daily
Comeback Strike
Unstopable:
Bedeviling Assault
Thundering Weapon power
Cloak Power
Boot Power

*+2 to attack rolls for Opprotunity Attacks and target stops after a hit
*Armor Property: Resist 5 necrotic and resist 5 fire per round
*Shield Proptery: When flanking an enemy with an ally, that ally gets a +1 shield bonus to AC and Reflex

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
The group of players gathered their loot, and ears, and traveled northwest along the river bank, following a well worn trail. As they walked, Kruk thought of his friend, Greggor, whose fate was still unknown; Charina thought of the ears collected, and those surely to come; and the others thought of the missing silver, which in almost all of their cases, brought thoughts of their far away home. That is, all of the others save Kane, who thought exclusively on their new name, even though he assigned the task to Wil. The perfect name, however, eluded him still.

They walked for about a league before the city limits came into view. They approached from the south bank, and as they drew closer, realized that the town grew on both sides of the wide river. The settlement was fairly small, by Daunton standards, with several homes on either side of the river. The main thoroughfare lead directly to the river at town center, where there was an old ferry.

On their side of the river, near the ferry, was a larger building sporting the sign: The Ferried Inn. Once inside the town, the spire of the Temple dominated the skyline. Between the inn and the temple, there was a typical store. The townsfolk mulled about their daily business, giving curious glances and a few scowls, but otherwise ignore the adventurers. A fair armed men in blue capes patrolled, presumably members of the local watch.

[sblock=Map]
Geardagas.jpg

[/sblock][sblock=Map Notes]
1. Ferried Inn
2. Temple of Netari
3. QT's General Store
4. Local Watch Barracks
5. Ferry
[/sblock][sblock=Encounter #1]
SKILL CHALLENGE

Setup: To get information about the town / missing silver / Kruk’s friend
Level: 3
EXP: 500
Complexity: 3 (requires 8 successes before 4 failures)
DC: 15 (Secondary 21)
Primary Skills: Diplomacy, Streetwise, Religion, Bluff
Secondary Skills: Insight, History, Intimidate

Rules:
- Each character gets 1 roll per turn
- Each character can only use a single primary or secondary skill twice.
[/sblock][sblock=Next Steps]
Go Ahead and post your roll for the first round the the SC. Also, if you want to buy anything, etc, now is your chance.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] I have lots of catching up to do, but Wil will not reach level 5 since I spent all my DM credits on Georg. So I only need to add the loot. Actually noticed he didn't level yet to 5 so more work to do on Wil. Ack. Will post tomorrow or the next day, sorry[/sblock]

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
"Best get on with it then," Carolina says. "We're not gonna learn anything by standing around here."

With that, she dismisses her armor and sets out to the streets, using her innocent halfling charm to garner information from those she encounters.

OOC: Streetwise=1d20+11=25

dimsdale

First Post
Kruk boldly walks up to a local blue cape and states. "Well met kind sir!...err...nice armor and cape and such. I'm looking for an old friend of mine from around this area. He's an ugly old dwarf like meself. His name is Greggor and we've known each other since we were lads. Have ya heard or seen him lately? "

[sblock=skill check]
insight 1d20+5 = 22
[/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Charina wanders aimlessly in the town. She was a markman extraordinaire but not the very best of hunter. During her military service, she had a spotter. She herself wasn't excellent at finding targets, just at taking them down.

Now, now. Silver. Where is the silver.

She decided to walk into the roughest looking tavern in town and dropped some hints that she might be a follower of Akneth. Let's see if someone makes contact...

Bluff (1d20+9=12)

Hmm, decent tactic but maybe she was a bit too heavy handed about it, though.

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Kruk/Greggor]Has this Greggor been brought up before? I don't remember anything about it.[/sblock]

Hergunna looks a little uncomfortable as the group enters the town. Not my strong suit, trying to get information out of townfolk, she thinks. I'd be much happier tracking someone through the woods. She keeps quiet and keeps her eyes open, watching the reaction of the townsfolk to their arrival. Did anyone seem to be expecting them?

[sblock=Insight roll]Insight (1d20+11=15) And there's my one skill for the challenge with a good score... and I roll a 4. :([/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases