Adventure: Lord Byron's Lost Silver (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Fail]Just bad luck with the rolls. I was worried the DCs would be too easy. Oh well. The result of failure is that some clues are true and others are false, but you don't know which are which. It's up to you to decide which ones to act on.

Back to normal role playing as to what to do next.[/sblock]

After drying up all the leads in town, the adventurers regrouped and shared what they had learned:

"The stones around hellview are part of an ancient temple of Lauto, and they light up at night. The reason? The return of Lauto is forthcoming! Beware all who do not believe!"

"The old priest, father Jonorel of the Temple of the Netari, died six months ago. He was still very full of life; it was so sudden and unexpected. He is dearly missed. The new priest, father Niris, is no father Jonorel. Not a good healer at all. You know, A drwaf from the mines was recently brought to the temple for healing...probably dead, given the new priest's track record."

"The old dwarven silver mine was bought in the past few months by a stranger. He has shown papers of rightful ownership, signed by Harbek Twinbeard, the family head of the dwarves of used to run the mine. The new owner is human: tall, with long dark hair, and eyes that make your skin crawl. Luckily, he doesn't come it to town much."

"The shepherd Jodo is an insane old man who sees ghosts and dead men where ever he goes. Just listen to him ranting and you can make your own opinion."

"Some of the farmers seem to be involved in some kind of unholy cult activities, as they try to bad mouth the new cleric in the Temple of the Netari with false accusations. Father Niris is doing a good job, and cannot be blamed for the ill fate of Geardagas."

"The damn dwarves dug too deep and woke something up that should never have been disturbed. The new owner of the mines have been fighting that evil with all his powers, trying to protect Geardagas from what those filthy dwarves woke up."

"There is an evil ghost that haunts the Hellview. The ghost 'll try to befriend you and then it 'll turn you into a zombie or... something even worse! What ever you do, don't speak with that ghost!"

"At least one shepherd, Jodo, is absolutely sure that he saw his younger brother walking away over the fields just one day after the dead man's funeral. No one really believes him, though."

dimsdale

First Post
"The old priest, father Jonorel of the Temple of the Netari, died six months ago. He was still very full of life; it was so sudden and unexpected. He is dearly missed. The new priest, father Niris, is no father Jonorel. Not a good healer at all. You know, A drwaf from the mines was recently brought to the temple for healing...probably dead, given the new priest's track record."

"Dead?" Kruk's eyes mist up. "nooo NOOOOOOOOO!" He looks around. Sadness now has turned to rage. "Where's the mines! Where's the priest! Let's go!"

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Fair assumption that the priest would be at the temple in town.

The mines are up the river some more, and into the hills. [/sblock]

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
"Dead?" Kruk's eyes mist up. "nooo NOOOOOOOOO!" He looks around. Sadness now has turned to rage. "Where's the mines! Where's the priest! Let's go!"

-''But wait, it's not the only valuable information we have gained. We also learnt that the return of Lauto is forthcoming! I met a charming fellow with a gold tooth who will sell us prime track of lands in the underworld that we can claim when we die.'' says Charina with a straight face. Kruk's expression however tells her that wit is wasted on him right now.

-''Too soon, huh? Okay, to the heart of the matter; Something weird is going on here. The new priest may or may not be a creep. The new mine owner may or may not be a creep. But the shepherds and farmers... I am as cynic as the next drow, but I doubt they are collectively involved in some conspiracy. If they are, that's one lousy conspiracy! But something got them agitated. Let's go hear firsthand what they have to say about the new priest and the mine.''

ryryguy

First Post
Hergunna moves over to stand in front of Kruk's line of sight and holds up a hand. "Whoa, easy there, dwarf," she says gruffly but not unkindly. "Let's not jump to conclusions. We'll find out what happened to your friend. I agree with Charina. Let's talk to this Niris first and get the story on this 'wounded dwarf' straight from the horse's mouth. Then I think I'd like to talk to the shepherd. Even if he truly is mad, at least it'll be entertaining." She cackles.

dimsdale

First Post
Even if he truly is mad, at least it'll be entertaining." She cackles.

The dwarf looks at Hergunna. "If he crosses me one time I swear I'll sink my axe into his chest!" The dwarf's rage subsides a bit as he starts to think about his friend again. "Oh Greggor old boy! I hope your safe on sound! We're come'n for ya!..." Kruk's eyes mist up again, this time dwelling into uncontrolable sobbing. "Ooooohhhhh Greggor!..."

renau1g

First Post
"Haha..yeah axe in the chest...sounds fun" Kane says, patting Kruk on the shoulder, awkwardly "It be ok Stinkybeard. One time all Kane's familys get killed by other shortbeards like you back in home. Kane too young to fight and they take Kane like dragon take Mr. Lord Byrons friends on island. It ok though, no worry for Kane. Mr. Duncan buy Kane and he show Kane to fight. Mr Duncan even give Kane dis axe, it his favouritist thing in the whole world" the bugbear says pointing to his waraxe.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Indeed we should go to this temple, I see it over there. Wil strides forth attempting to project confidence so Kruk and the others will follow.

[sblock=OOC] "Leader" trying to do some leading [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
"Haha..yeah axe in the chest...sounds fun" Kane says, patting Kruk on the shoulder, awkwardly "It be ok Stinkybeard. One time all Kane's familys get killed by other shortbeards like you back in home. Kane too young to fight and they take Kane like dragon take Mr. Lord Byrons friends on island. It ok though, no worry for Kane. Mr. Duncan buy Kane and he show Kane to fight. Mr Duncan even give Kane dis axe, it his favouritist thing in the whole world" the bugbear says pointing to his waraxe.

Kruk's eye nearly bulge out of their sockets as he takes a closer look at Kane's war axe "By Thorkleson's mithril beard!... What a fine piece of craftmenshipt that axe is! Can you let me hold it...just for a little bit?" Kruk states, pleading his case to Kane. "It's no wonder you almost put that giant lizard down in one swipe!" Looking back to see Wil and the rest of the party moving on. "Oh...Kane, we best be goin...HEY WAIT UP!"

[sblock=ooc]
It's safe to say that Kruk wants a magic waraxe (in the +2 catagory) with some type of defensive property attached to it.

It's worth losing +5 hp
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
As they entered, Father Niris bumbled with a number of components; he looked to have just completed a ritual about the altar.

"Uhh, oh, well hello," the young priest said awkwardly. "I was just clearing up.. uh, can I help you?" Niris had a naive look about him, as though he were unprepared to take the position as town priest. As he looked, he shifted his weight, and a small crystal vial tumbled from his cluttered hands and crashed on the floor, spraying glass and some water-like fluid. "Oh dear..."
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Remove ads