[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

Banesfinger

Explorer
Thorn knows his "people" skills are lacking - so he chooses to stay quiet.

[sblock=ooc]
Unless it is a physical skill challenge, Thorn is pretty useless. It is possible he could just stand there, looking buff/strong, in the hope that it impressess the lizardfolk.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Unless it is a physical skill challenge, Thorn is pretty useless. It is possible he could just stand there, looking buff/strong, in the hope that it impressess the lizardfolk.

You have to participate in skill challenge. Even if it's only aid another (you can make it easier or harder for someone who uses primary skills, but you cannot garner failures with aid anothers)

RedBeardJim

First Post
Gellan casts a practiced eye over the lizardfolk's gear and equipment. Moving cautiously to Minharath's side, he murmurs, "Hey Priest. Those look like hunting weapons to me, and not maybe in the best shape either."

[sblock=OOC]Perception skill roll to Aid Another: 1d20+7=15.[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Gloom take a moment to evaluate the Lizardfolks, making sure to not do ro act in hostile fashion and try to understand there motivation. He then whisper a quick word to Minarath of what eh has perceived. Gloom would not be against a good fight if that's would make things progress, but he doesn't have such feeling at the moment.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Insight (1d20+12=25)[/SBLOCK]

Banesfinger

Explorer
You have to participate in skill challenge. Even if it's only aid another (you can make it easier or harder for someone who uses primary skills, but you cannot garner failures with aid anothers)

[sblock=ooc]
OK, I thought only "Group" challenges were considered manditory...sorry.
[/sblock]

Thorn looks menacingly at the lizardfolk - trying to send the message that if our group wanted to fight, we would have done so by now.

[sblock=check]
Intimidate: 1d20+1 (intimidate)=18
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
"Well, we weren't hunting hyenas, the hyenas was hunting us so you can have the carcasses as we don't want them" Zharne states before anyone else. The lizardfolk glance down at the carcasses and then back at the group.

Martelai then steps forth and speaks.
"Good hunting to you. I am Martelai Luinil.

We're here to find human envoy group that was sent to you to talk about recent happenings around human village. These animals attacked and we defended ourselves.

We have no quarrel with you nor are we planning anything untoward. We're here to recover this warriors uncle.

May we know who are we talking with?

A slightly confused look crosses over the front most lizardmans face and he looks over to one of his comrades. The other just shrugs its shoulders. The first one then looks back at Martelai. "I's iss Sssharrk and weesss hunterssss of the Blackclaw tribe" he says and motions around to the other lizardmen.

Gellan casts a practiced eye over the lizardfolk's gear and equipment. Moving cautiously to Minharath's side, he murmurs, "Hey Priest. Those look like hunting weapons to me, and not maybe in the best shape either."

Gloom take a moment to evaluate the Lizardfolks, making sure to not do or act in hostile fashion and try to understand there motivation. He then whisper a quick word to Minarath of what he has perceived. Gloom would not be against a good fight if that's would make things progress, but he doesn't have such feeling at the moment.

Thorn looks menacingly at the lizardfolk - trying to send the message that if our group wanted to fight, we would have done so by now. The lizardmen closest to him instantly bring up their spears and take a defensive position, which draws a scowl from the apparent leader, Sssharrk.

[sblock=Status]
Zharne succeeds at aiding another; +2 to the next check.
Martelai succeeds at his Bluff Check = 1 success.
Gellan succeeds at aiding another; +2 to Minharaths check.
Gloom succeeds at aiding another; another +2 to Minharahts check.
Thorn automatically fails due to attempting a 'Hostile' action. All DC's are now raised by +2. It is obvious now that any further actions that may be perceived as hostile will make the situation even more difficult.

Only Minharath to go for round #1 (Leonard is exempt for this skill challenge).

Round 1: 1 Success, 1 Failure
[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC FYI]
If Minharaht does not post by the end of today I will just NPC his action for the first round of the skill challenge.

Also I will be away from computer access for a few days starting tomorrow so feel free to post for the second round of the skill challenge, but I will not be able to get a response back until Friday night or Saturday when I return.
[/sblock]

Tomalak

First Post
Sighing and shaking his head, Minharath smooths his robes and walks to the front of the party. "Cunning trackers of the Blackclaw Tribe. No insult was meant by our approach to your territory. These mighty hunters," he gestures to the other party members "believed the appearance of prey at the beginning of a quest to be a sign of good fortune from the gods. [sblock=In your head]You hear Minharath's voice in your mind, whispering "Just go with it."[/sblock]We come in respect of your tribe, and interrupted your hunt only by chance. Will you meet with us as equals, that we may return to our people successful in our quest?"
[sblock=Mechanics]Are all of those Aid Anothers applicable to any skill? If they are, I hit the DC on Diplomacy without rolling (as a '1' is not an auto-fail on skill checks).diplomacy (1d20=3)+ 9 diplomacy + Aid Another bonuses = 12, 14, 16, or 18 (so, probably a success)[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=Status update]
Minharath is successful.
2 successes, 1 failure.
on to round #2 - everyone can go
[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
[sblock=OOC]lets not forget about the +1 Zharne and Martelai give to some skillsIE Zharne give you +1 to perception rolls and Martelai +1 to Diplomacy rolls due their elven and half-elven traits[/sblock]

Remove ads