[Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island

Banesfinger

Explorer
Thorn tries to step-in at a few key moments of the conversation. He adds a few words about the strong & proud history of these lizardfolk.
Evidently, he doesn't know much about these folk, nor does he sound very convincing.

[sblock=rolls]
History check to aid: 1d20+1 (history)=13
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Diplomacy (1d20+7+2+2=30) - WHOAA! This difuses the tension ;)

Using what info is offered on their history and details of their current negotiators Martelai speaks in sibilant language with many resonating vowels mixed in. his manner is relaxed and straightforward with no small amount of self-assurance, almost, but not quite arrogance.

OOC: if lizards don't show understanding he flips to common again and repeats

[sblock=Draconic]
"Noble warriors, we're looking for ancestor of one of our own."
he again motion toward Leonard
"May we share the meat over the fire and forge peace? Will you accompany us to your elders so we can speak about soft skins who came to the swamp? We're on the mission of peace, not war. And we can help with the trouble in the swamp which affects all of us."
[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Seeing one of the lizardfolk eying the hyena carcasses, Gellan moves to the largest body and squats down next to it. Pulling a skinning knife from his pack, he gestures to the hunter to come help him skin the beast.

[sblock=ooc]Nature skill check: 1d20+7=24[/sblock]

DMDanW

First Post
Martelai, with some assistance from gloom and Thorn once again adresses the band of lizardfolk, this time in Draconic.

"Noble warriors, we're looking for ancestor of one of our own."
he again motion toward Leonard
"May we share the meat over the fire and forge peace? Will you accompany us to your elders so we can speak about soft skins who came to the swamp? We're on the mission of peace, not war. And we can help with the trouble in the swamp which affects all of us."

"Sssharrk hasss sseenn thosssee you sseek" the leader replies to Martelai in Draconic, seeming more at ease speaking in a language more native to the lizardfolk.

Gellan moves to one of the fallen Hyenas and begins skinning the carcass. He motions for the nearest lizardfolk to come and take part. Just as the closest hunter is about to approach Zharne smiles at him, which apparently unsettles him as he looks startled and takes a step back.

[sblock=Update]
Thorn and Gloom succeed at aiding Martelai.
Martelai succeeds at his check - 3 down, 1 to go.
Gellan succeeds at his aid check, but Zharne's failure counters his efforts (I'm giving a negative modifier for failed aid another checks)

Only Minharath to go - looks like you'll easily wrap this one up.
[/sblock]

Neurotic

(I'm giving a negative modifier for failed aid another checks)
[/sblock]

I believe this is official now. Errata says Aid another has DC 10 + level/2 of the aided creature. Failure gives -1 to check. Success aids normally.

DMDanW

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Alright if Minharath does not post by tomorrow morning (my morning that is) then I will just NPC him. You've practically beat the skill challenge anyway so I will just have to formally move you on to the next part.
As well, my PC at work crashed bad today (coincidentally I found out why it is bad to turn the power off while your PC is frozen and the hard drive is caught in a loop), and may or may not be able to post tomorrow until later in the day. Just an FYI is all, but I really want to get this adventure rolling faster.)
[/sblock]

Neurotic

Put in 48 hours rule (or even 24 :)) - if somebody doens't post in that time frame from your last post it's auto-bot - except for those who announce it. For example, I'll be out of touch for the weekend altough I might be able to post sunday afternoon.

Tomalak

First Post
diplomacy check (1d20+9=19)
[sblock=OOC]I apologize if my posting has been slow; I've been focused on getting ready for going out-of-town this weekend. I won't be near my computer till monday evening at the earliest.

I'm afraid I'm in too much of a hurry atm, in fact. Dan, would you please come up with some appropriate flavor for Minharath's roll? I'd appreciate it very much. Go ahead and play through if you're ready before I get back, I'll pick up Minharath when I get back.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases