D&D 4th Edition [Adventrue] Lord Ogglebottoms Odd Tasks II: The Mysterious Imlach Island - Page 6




What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 505
  1. #51
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Banesfinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    176

    ø Ignore Banesfinger
    Thorn nervously speaks up, “We won’t know why the lizardfolk have extended their hunting ground or what has happened to the missing envoy unless someone goes there to see for them selves.”

    “Begging your Majesties’ permission,” Thorn says sheepishly, obviously uncomfortable and unfamiliar with human etiquette. “We’d be happy to look into this matter for your Royal Highnesses.”

 

  • #52
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DMDanW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    933

    ø Ignore DMDanW
    A wide smile crosses the face of Elder Broda and he stands up. "That would be wonderful. I am glad that young Leonard there has brought such good brave friends here to the Island" the Elder responds to Thorn. He looks back over to Leonard "By the way, I hardly recognized you boy, what has it been two, three years now. My you sure have grown. I am sure when you see your uncle he will be very happy to see you". He steps away from the table and waves over to one of the few men remaining in the large room. The man comes over from by the bar and stands slightly to the side of elder Broda.

    Leonard smiles and stands up tall, pride washing over him at the elders compliments. "We shall do our best Sir.." he replies, "..and be back home with my Uncle and the others in no time". Leonard can hardly contain his excitement and keeps looking at each of you, broad smile on his face.

    "Well I do not mean to be an unpleasant host and rush you out of town, but if you have no further questions and are ready to go then I will have Joesph here lead you out and get you pointed in the right direction" he says as he motions towards the man beside him. He is a middle aged man that looks like he has spent most of those years outdoors, possibly out on the sea.

    OOC

    I'm not trying to rush anyone - Just wanted to give a little nudge though. Oh, and don't worry, all this boring RP stuff this evil DM is making you endure will be over soon enough :-)

  • #53
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    ø Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    Gloom stay silent and acknowledge the last words of the elder.

    OOC
    The warrior in front of you salute you and is ready to die... I mean, let's rock!
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #54
    the peaceful
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    Neurotic's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    5,059

    ø Ignore Neurotic
    "Eh, it might even get interesting, it's a shame that it's in the swamp." comments Martelai getting up.

    "Stay well, we'll be back in no time."

  • #55
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DMDanW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    933

    ø Ignore DMDanW
    Joesph leads you out of the hall and out through the towns lone gate, which faces north towards the interior of the island. You pass by a few farms before you enter into a forested area. It is not long before Joesph is visibly nervous, constantly glancing about at the slightest sound. It is not long before he stops and turns to face the group.

    "This is as far as I go. Keep heading north and stay to the right of the hills, and watch out, the jungle is not safe." He strides past the group and begins to make his way back to town. Before anyone can ask the question he adds "You don't need to find them, they will find you." He then quickens his pace and disappears into the foliage.

    You continue on, pushing through the forest for some time until you enter into a clearing. A few steps in Zharne's keen senses spot danger and he calls out "Stop". He points across the clearing and through a grown of ferns you all spot the danger. Before you are two mangy creatures, their fangs bared and their dark beady eyes upon you.

    Combat Time

    O.K., here is the first combat encounter. Below is the initiative order. As system as before, so Thorn and Zharne will act first, then the bad guys and then everyone can go and so forth. I will provide the stats for Leonard and anyone can run him - it does not matter to me who does it as long as one of you provides actions for him. If no actions are provided he will just stand there doing nothing.

    Initiative

    Thorn = 21
    Zharne = 21
    Hyenas (Bad Guys) = 20
    Minharath = 19
    Martelai = 18
    Gellan = 15
    Gloom = 13
    Leonard = 6

    Leonards Stats

    Leonard Ogglebottom, Human rogue level 1
    Hit Points:20, Surge Value:5, Surges per day:1
    AC:16, Fort: 12, Reflex: 17, Will: 13
    Skills: Thievery +9, Stealth +9

    Class Features:
    First Strike = at the start of the encounter you have combat advantage against any creature that has not acted yet.
    Sneak attack = deal +2d6 damage against creatures you have combat advantage against.

    Powers:
    At Will = Deft Strike; melee or ranged 5/10; +8 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage. Can shift 2 squares before the attack.
    Encounter = Shadow Strike; melee or ranged 5/10; +8 vs AC, 1d4+4 damage. If you are hidden when you make the attack make a stealth check to remain hidden after the attack.
    Daily = Trick Strike; melee or ranged 5/10; +8 vs AC, 3d4+4 damage & you slide the target 1 square. Effect: Until the end of the encounter each time you hit you can slide the target 1 square.

    Equipment:
    Leather Armor
    10 Daggers


    Bad guy Stats

    OK I have decided to provide the stats as you discover them, NOT all up front. True it is not as true to the Mal Combat rules as I have said I am using, but what I'm going with for now.

    Hyena W1: Hit Points ? AC ?, Fort ?, Reflex ?, Will ?
    Hyena W2: Hit Points ? AC ?, Fort ?, Reflex ?, Will ?



    Map

    Squares that are at least 50% trees or bushes provides concealment. Squares that are covered in trees or bushes provide concealment and is considered difficult terrain.



    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RE1-1.jpg  

  • #56
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Ozymandias79's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    999

    ø Ignore Ozymandias79
    My communities:

    Zharne yells to Thorne, "HEY, Warhound! Charge that one!", points to
    one of the beasts
    the one in E17
    then he assumes his beastform, moves in front of the other hyena and then he opens his mouth and releases a swarm upon both animals


    Action Details


    Minor Action: wildshape
    Move Action: move to C16
    Standard Action: Swarming locust on squares D16 to F1618 to F18(Hits reflex 16 and 20 for 11 damage) and The blast creates a zone of swarming locusts that lasts until the end of your next turn. While within the zone, enemies grant combat advantage



    Zharne Redcloud stat Line
    Zharne Redcloud- Male Elf Druid 2
    Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 15
    AC:18, Fort:13, Reflex:16, Will:16 -- Speed:8
    HP:36/36 Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:9/9
    Initiative +5, Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers: Wild Shape, Grasping Claws, Swarming Locusts, Chill Wind, Darting Bite, Elven Accuracy, Savage Frenzy, Fleet Pursuit



    OOC
    Please, do not flank the enemies as they already grant CA
    Last edited by Ozymandias79; Wednesday, 11th August, 2010 at 12:33 AM.

  • #57
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    Banesfinger's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Posts
    176

    ø Ignore Banesfinger
    Thorn yells back to Zharne, "Got him - rabid dog vs rabid dog," as he charges with his longspear towards his foe.

    Action Details


    Minor: ready spear (it was probably out anyway...)
    Move: move to D10 (avoiding the shrubs in E10)
    Standard: Charge to E15 and attacking Hyena W2 with the spear's reach.
    Attack Roll: 1d20+12 (+9 basic, +1 charge, +2 CA swarming locust)=30
    Damage Roll: 1d10+5=9


    Thorn stat block
    Thorn Male Longtooth Shifter Fighter 2
    Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
    AC:19, Fort:18, Reflex:15, Will:15
    HP:35/35, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges left:11/11
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
    Powers:Sure Strike, Reaping Strike, Covering Attack, Longtooth Shifting, Grit & Spittle,
    Comeback Strike

    Conditions:

  • #58
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DMDanW's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Winnipeg, Canada
    Posts
    933

    ø Ignore DMDanW
    Zharne yells to Thorne, "HEY, Warhound! Charge that one!", points to one of the creatures and then he assumes his beastform, moves in front of the other hyena and then he opens his mouth and releases a swarm upon both animals.

    Thorn yells back to Zharne, "Got him - rabid dog vs rabid dog," as he charges with his longspear towards his foe.

    As the swarm of insects washes over the beasts Thorn drives his spear cleanly through one and both creatures drop to the ground from their wounds.

    Instantly both Zharne and Thorn realize that these two beasts were not alone as through the underbrush around them more creatures burst through. Even more appear from the clearing below them and all the creatures converge on the two intruders.

    With the constant snapping and nipping of their sharp teeth the two hero's are distracted allowing a few of the others to sink their teeth into soft flesh. Zharne takes one serious bite high on his calf while three of the beasts almost drag Thorn to the ground, blood flowing freely from the trio of wounds to his legs.

    Round 1
    Initiative Order


    O.k. all the players (and Leonard) can go. Good Luck!

    Thorn = 21
    Zharne = 21
    Hyenas (Bad Guys) = 20
    Minharath = 19
    Martelai = 18
    Gellan = 15
    Gloom = 13
    Leonard = 6


    Mechanics


    Zharne
    Minor Action: wildshape
    Move Action: move to C16
    Standard Action: Swarming locust on squares D16 to F1618 to F18(Hits reflex 16 and 20 for 11 damage) and The blast creates a zone of swarming locusts that lasts until the end of your next turn. While within the zone, enemies grant combat advantage

    Thorn
    Minor: ready spear (it was probably out anyway...)
    Move: move to D10 (avoiding the shrubs in E10)
    Standard: Charge to E15 and attacking Hyena W2 with the spear's reach.
    Attack Roll: 1d20+12 (+9 basic, +1 charge, +2 CA swarming locust)=30
    Damage Roll: 1d10+5=9

    Bad Guys
    - Hyena W5 moves to B17 (has concealment) and attacks Zharne. Misses
    - Hyena W6 moves to D16 and attacks Zharne (with combat advantage). Misses
    - Hyena1 moves to D17 (has concealment) and attacks Zharne (with 2 adjacent allies & combat advantage). Hits AC 27 for 14 damage.
    - Hyena W3 moves to E16 and attacks Thorn (with combat advantage). Misses
    - Hyena W4 moves to F15 (has concealment) and attack Thorn (with 2 adjacent allies & combat advantage). Hits AC 29 for 8 damage.
    - Hyena2 moves to F14 & attacks Thorn (with 2 adjacent allies & combat advantage). Hits AC 28 for 11 damage.
    - Hyena3 moves to F16 & attacks Thorn (with 2 adjacent allies & combat advantage). Hits AC 27 for 11 damage.



    Status

    Good Guys
    Gellan – HP: 33/33; HS: 9/9; AP: 1
    Gloom – HP: 39/39; HS: 11/11; AP 1
    Martelai – HP: 38/38; HS: 9/9; AP 1
    Minharath – HP: 29/29; HS: 8/8; AP 1
    Thorn – HP: 5/35; HS: 11/11; AP 1 => Bloodied
    Zharne – HP: 22/36; HS: 9/9; AP 1

    Leonard - HP: 20/20; HS: 1/1

    Bad Guys
    Hyena W1: - Dead
    Hyena W2: - Dead
    Hyena W3: Hit Points ? AC <30, Fort ?, Reflex <16, Will ?
    Hyena W4: Hit Points ? AC <30, Fort ?, Reflex <16, Will ? <= Has Concealment
    Hyena W5: Hit Points ? AC <30, Fort ?, Reflex <16, Will ? <= Has Concealment
    Hyena W6: Hit Points ? AC <30, Fort ?, Reflex <16, Will ?
    Hyena1: Hit Points ? AC ?, Fort ?, Reflex ?, Will ? <= Has Concealment
    Hyena2: Hit Points ? AC ?, Fort ?, Reflex ?, Will ?
    Hyena3: Hit Points ? AC ?, Fort ?, Reflex ?, Will ?



    Map

    Squares that are at least 50% trees or bushes provides concealment. Squares that are covered in trees or bushes provide concealment and is considered difficult terrain.



    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails RE1-2.jpg  
    Last edited by DMDanW; Wednesday, 11th August, 2010 at 08:53 PM.

  • #59
    Registered User
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    Velmont's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Montreal, Qc, Canada
    Posts
    14,813

    ø Ignore Velmont
    My communities:

    OOC
    I'll wait to act. I want to see what the others will do before acting. Just a note, if someone could slide an enemy within 5 squares of Gloom, it would be welcomed.
    Characters
    Jarel-karn - Genasi Swordmage 12 [L4W]
    Gloom - Longtooth Shifter Paladin 11 [L4W]
    Eloan - Eladrin Warlord 7 [L4W]
    River - Longtooth Shifter Cleric 11 [LEB]
    Malehan - Elf Avenger 8 [LEB]
    Valeria - Human Witch 1

    "Experience is that great thing that allow you to see a mistake when you do it again."

  • #60
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Tomalak's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    500

    ø Ignore Tomalak
    My communities:

    DMDanW
    I'd like to make an insight check, to determine the creatures' reason for being in the clearing (hunting, nesting, guard animals, etc). 1d20+13=28
    Does the brush/trees at the edge of the clearing have any mechanical effect? (i.e. can Leonard hide in it to gain concealment?)
    Last edited by Tomalak; Wednesday, 11th August, 2010 at 10:38 PM.
    Andrec

    Last Updated: 05:28 am PST, 01-15-10
    Human Warlord (Bravura) Character Sheet
    Initiative: +6 P Perception: 12 P Insight: 12
    HP: 32/32(Not Bloodied) Surgevalue: 8 Surges/Day: 7/7
    AC: 19 Fort: 17 Ref: 15 Will: 14
    +1 AC while not bloodied.

    Action Points: 1
    Speed: 6
    BasicAttack: - “Sword” +9 vs. AC; 1d8+5 damage
    BasicRangedAttack: - “Javelin” +7 vs. AC; 1d6+4 damage (Range 5/10)
    powers
    Commander's Strike
    Opening Shove
    Brash Assault

    Inspiring Word (2)
    Aid the Injured
    Diabolic Stratagem
    Inspiring War Cry
    Battle Awareness
    Concentrated Attack



    Minharath

    Last Updated: 03:19 pm PST, 02-03-10
    Kalashtar Cleric (Juna) Character Sheet
    Initiative: +0 P Perception: 15 P Insight: 22
    HP: 25/25(Not Bloodied) Surgevalue: 6 Surges/Day: 8/8
    AC: 16 Fort: 11 Ref: 10 Will: 17

    Action Points: 0
    Speed: 5
    BasicAttack: - None
    powers
    Astral Seal
    Sacred Flame
    Bastion of Mental Clarity
    Healer's Mercy (Channel Divinity)
    Healing Word (2)
    Bane
    Beacon of Hope


  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Skills and Tasks
      By Morrus in forum Mongoose Traveller SRD
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th July, 2013, 06:26 PM
    2. Replies: 603
      Last Post: Saturday, 3rd July, 2010, 02:59 PM
    3. Mysterious Island
      By Shadowdancer in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Friday, 26th August, 2005, 06:30 PM
    4. Making monsters mysterious and terrifying: Belker, Lord of Mist!
      By Kaptain_Kantrip in forum Monster Homebrews
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Saturday, 22nd June, 2002, 10:16 AM
    5. NPC XP for everyday tasks?
      By Finn E. Theodorsen in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Thursday, 11th April, 2002, 06:28 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •