[ICONS] Unconventional Heroes - Vol 1. Issue 1: "All-New, All-Different" (IC)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: A Redo. Please note that because of LA's traffic (this ain't 24), those characters who travel to the warehouse and do not have access to flight 5+ or teliport will be unable to do anything at the LA Zoo (while it's open). So be sure to mention which location you are heading towards.

Los Angeles California
Los Angeles Zoo, About 5:55pm

It takes about a half an hour to drive to the Los Angeles Zoo, and you arrive at about 5:55pm (on each of your clocks/cell phones), meaning that the group just arrived to the Zoo in time to enter the Zoo's front gates were closed to new visitors.

Once inside, you begin your investigation by making a general 'sweep' of the Zoo and notice the following bits of info:

1. The Children's Zoo section of the park is in the process of being fenced off. A near by sign points to the area becoming the new home of the "Extreme Panda Experience and Chinese Zoo."
2. A zoo keeper was feeding "Reggie the Alligator" several ducks.
3. The swan and duck pond and the aviary are strangely devoid of ducks or other water fowl.
4. The "World of Birds" show is temporarily "on hiatus."

[sblock="La Zoo Map"]
WinterSpring2010.jpg

[/sblock]

New Hope City
Warehouse, About 6:10 pm

The warehouse is in the heart of New Hope City's port, within the view of the New Hope City Naval Complex on Terminal Island. A preliminary sweep of the area reveals that the wear house is not being guarded beyond the easily evadable and tricked standard rent-a-security-officer who is patrolling the grounds to "protect" the nearby freight containers.

You are able to approach the warehouse without incident. The warehouse appears to have been originally intended to be used as a small hanger that is large enough to accommodate one or two small commuter planes. The building has a set of large bay doors that take up the majority of the build's front facade, and what appears to be three reinforced doors with small keypads. Unfortunately, the building's only windows are set about 12 feet off the ground and most of them appear to be blocked off.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: Still need to see which group Prodigy is traveling with, but since everyone else is set, I'll update.

Los Angeles Zoo.

Awareness:1d6-1d6=-1 + Awe vs ?? -->Success
As the primary sweep comes to an end, one of your members notices one of the Zoo's employees taking down a poster for the Zoo's World of Bird's show. The poster shows a man who appears to be the "Zoo Keeper." The poster reads: "Animal Trainer James Red Deer takes you on a journey through the World of Birds."

Meanwhile.. at the Warehouse..
(1d6-1d6)+7=7 vs ?? --> Major Success
Psiren can hear the sounds of quacking coming from the inside of the warehouse. As she listens, she can make out that there are at least two ducks.

The keypad that is next to the front door has a standard numeric keyboard with a small LCD readout. The front door also has a standard lock. Strange as it seems, the rear doors seem to be more heavily secured since they also have a deadbolt.

OOC: Assuming Prodigy doesn't join you, to get inside you either have to pole vault in while trying not to rip your suit using an acrobatics roll, hack the keypad and pick a lock, or bust down one of the doors. If prodigy joins you, you guys then can blow a hole into the building.

Walking Dad

First Post
Arac-Knight (Int 4, Awe 4, Will 4)

"Looks like we got this 'zookeeper's real name. We should contact Psiren, if she found something, too."

[sblock=ooc]
Arac-Knight

Prowess 7
Coordination 4
Strength 5
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

Stamina: 9/9
Determination: 4

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - Decisions, decisions...)

No sooner had Prodigy started to lift off towards the zoo than Psiren cut in on the radio channel that she'd given out. There was a warehouse that the 'duckmen' had come from. That seemed like a MUCH stronger lead to Prodigy, and she answered on the channel, "Okay, I'll meet you there!"

Rockets flared, and the Goldsmith suit dwindled with shocking rapidity to a point in the sky...then vanished.

It was hard, she found, to tell warehouses apart from five hundred feet in the air. After some trial and error, she managed to get the GPS to overlay onto the HUD, which verified address. Prodigy landed a couple of blocks away and reconfigured her suit into its stealth/recon mode to get in closer without being seen.

She met Psiren and anyone else who came near he door.

"There's an electronic lock," Prodigy reported, probably unecessarily. "I can probably hack it, or I can just use some rockets to blast through it."

Voda Vosa

First Post

"Looks like we got this 'zookeeper's real name. We should contact Psiren, if she found something, too."

[sblock=ooc]
Arac-Knight

Prowess 7
Coordination 4
Strength 5
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

[/sblock]

"We should first take a look in the closed areas, and more inside the zoo. Correct me if I'm wrong, things such as these confuse me, I'm from another time, but: A zoo keeper feeding an alligator several ducks, when the ducks lake is devoid of such birds isn't a bit odd?" asks the Brain in a Jar

Walking Dad

First Post

"Maybe the lake is devoid because he fed to much...
I hope these were real ducks..."

[sblock=ooc]
Arac-Knight

Prowess 7
Coordination 4
Strength 5
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

[/sblock]