[ICONS] Unconventional Heroes - Vol 1. Issue 1: "All-New, All-Different" (IC)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: Not really. I'll do the rolls but, I'll need to see what type of investigation you are doing (ie looking for clues vs gathering info) since it would determine the nature of the info you get.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The warehouse...
Awareness (1d6-1d6) =-2 vs ?? --> Minor Success
OOC: You guys are lucky Psiren's Awareness is 7.. and that you blasted the doors. lol

Prodigy let loose a barrage of missiles at the warehouse's bay doors destroying them. As soon as the smoke cleared, Psiren and Prodigy entered into the warehouse and immediately notice a destroyed duckifiaction rifle in the debris.

Searching the room, you see several ducks wandering around in the door's wreckage. On the the opposite side building, from the blown out doors, there are three small rooms. One of them is windowed and has a locked door, the other two are a restroom and what appears to be a small lounge. Near the locked room there are several stacks of rectangular cases.

Meanwhile, at the Zoo
The talk about the ducks being fed starts weighing on Crackshot activist causes and he finds himself debating on confronting the zoo keeper that's feeding the Alligator on the inhumane treatment of the ducks.
OOC: Compelling Crackshot's PETA membership for +1 Determination). If you refuse the compel (-1 Determination) or don't post before the next update (+/- 0 determination) I will assume you joined the other two.

Arac-Knight and Xokzatle try to sneak behind the Children's Zoo's fence...
Xokzatle Stealth (1d6-1d6) +4=5 vs ?? ---> Minor Success
Arack-Knight Stealth (1d6-1d6) +4=3 ---> Minor Success
Crackshot stealth (if joined) (1d6-1d6) +8 =6 vs ?? --> Major Success

.. and manage to do it without being spotted.
Investigate (1d6-1d6) =5 vs ?? ---> Minor Success+

From all appearances, the closure of the Children's Zoo appears to be relatively recent since there appears to be little to no work done to the area except for some preparation work.

Near by, on a kiosk, you notice an announcement about the section's future changes which contains a photo of a the City's mayor shaking hands with several Chinese officials while being flanked by several zoo personnel. In the crowd you spot both 'the zookeeper' and the Cluster Duck from the printout. Unfortunately, his name doesn't appear on the photo's caption.

While searching the back stage areas of the section's attractions, you notice two announcements on a bulletin board. The first one mentions that the closure of the Children's Zoo was going to happen today, and that everyone was required to remove their personal belongings from their Children's Zoo locker yesterday. The other announcement mentions that they need a replacement Zoo Keeper for the the Children Zoo at the Fair event.

Shayuri

First Post
"Phew," Prodigy said, waving an armored gauntlet to clear some dust away. "Smoky. Ah, hey! Watch out for ducks!" The suit contorted and whined as she practically danced to make sure she got out of the debris without stepping on something fowl.

She then reconfigured into the heavily armored version and gestured towards the locked room. "I'll check that one out. Those cases might be rifles."

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Crackshot accepts the compel.

Crackshot agonizes over being an action hero versus Doing The Right Thing. After a brief moment, he says plainly, "Yeah, well, sorry guys... I gotta find the jerk who killed those ducks and and make an example of him. I'll find out if he was using real ducks or duckified cronies. One way or the other, it'll make a hell of a distraction if you guys still wanna James Bond it."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Crackshot
OOC: Determination +1
Crackshot makes his way towards the Alligator pit, where he sees a zoo keeper with a struggling duck in hand. From what Crackshot knows, feeding live birds to alligators and crocodiles is not standard practice for most zoo, and is against PETA standards.

Warehouse
The cases have a plain aluminum shell with what appears to be barcode etched into their lid. The inside of the cases has molded foam which appears to be shaped to it could hold one duckification riffle and a rectangular box (possibly a power pack).

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Arac-Knight (Int 4, Awe 4, Will 4)

"Hey, wait, I will come with you!"
A-K follows Crackshot as fast as he can...

[sblock=ooc]

Is the alligator pit between us and the keeper?

BTW, I will have no internet access until Sunday evening.

Arac-Knight

Prowess 7
Coordination 4
Strength 5
Intellect 4
Awareness 4
Willpower 4

Stamina: 9/9
Determination: 4

[/sblock]

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Psiren Int 5 Awe 7 Wil 7

Psiren looks around at the wreakage and walks carefully into the room, "Maybe next time a smaller missile?"[color]. She focus of the wandering ducks and reaches out to check their minds, trying to see if they're ducks or people.

OOC telepathy Wahoo 8!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases