[ICONS] Unconventional Heroes - Vol 1. Issue 1: "All-New, All-Different" (IC)

Shayuri

First Post
Warehouse
The cases have a plain aluminum shell with what appears to be barcode etched into their lid. The inside of the cases has molded foam which appears to be shaped to it could hold one duckification riffle and a rectangular box (possibly a power pack).

Oblivious to Psiren's psychic chicanery, Prodigy 'hmms' as she opens a couple of cases and confirms that they're empty.

"This must be where they got the rifles before attacking. Maybe I can crack this barcode once I get it back to my lab..." Then she realized. Rectangular box. Power pack. Power pack!

She triggered another configuration change in her suit, extending its sensor enhancements and bringing its passive EM and anomaly detector array online. Then she made a sweep of the warehouse, scanning for the thermal and electromagnetic signatures of energy sources nearby.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Psiren Int 5 Awe 7 Wil 7

"One of these ducks was a like a person. And a bit of a :):):):). Do you have a bird net in that suit? Or do I have to do this the old fashioned way?"

Ooc
Naturally the old fashioned way is using my mind powers to paralyse the man duck and the then grab it, anything else would be undignified.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
LA Zoo.
After "interrogating" the zoo keeper, Crackshot approaches Arac-Knight and Xokzatle, "The zoo keeper at the alligator pit said that they were given orders to feed ducks to the alligators by the Los Angeles Commission for the Procurement of Chinese Pandas since the representative from Chinese said that the ducks were 'disruptive' to the Zoo's Qi. But even then the reasoning doesn't make sense since most zoos would have just shipped those ducks to a wild life preserve rather then destroy them."

Arac-Knight states, "Should we now move to this warehouse?... Can anyone give me a ride?"

"A ride? In what? In this body? Neither in this could I give you a ride. And I don't think a taxi would pick me up... " Responds Xokzatle.

Crackshot smirks, "If a taxi doesn't, why not just take over the driver and have him drive us?"

Warehouse.
Prodigy's suit picks up on several possible power sources/em signatures, the obvious coming from outside of the warehouse's structure (a power generator). However, the most suspicious is what appears to be a encrypted radio signal coming from the locked room.

Do you have a bird net in that suit? Or do I have to do this the old fashioned way?"
OOC: :D: Spiderman would cry after reading the last several post...

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"It's a military-grade armored anthroform weapons platform" Prodigy said tersely as she adjusted the sensor gain. "It doesn't have 'duck nets.'"

She pointed at the locked room. "There's some kind of signal coming from in there. I'm going to break in."

The Goldsmith armor whirred and clanked again as it reconfgured to the bulky, strength-augmented version and stomped up to the door. Moving carefully, so as not to knock the door violently enough into the room hard enough to damage something, she put her gauntleted hand over the lock...and pushed until either the bar snapped, the wood gave way, or the power of the suit was insufficient.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Xokzatle warps into the mind of one taxist and parks the car near Crackshot. "Excelent suggestion," the taxi driver says "I hope this man knows his craft." and he speeds off

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Warehouse, Outside
Using some insight gleamed from the taxi driver's panicked throughts, Xokzatle and the others approach the warehouse, in record time.
OOC: Fiat ftw..!

Warehouse, Inside
The door crashes onto the floor with a great thud revealing a somewhat unorganized office which has a desk, chair, trash can, and a couch as its only furnishings.

The desk has a large map spread on its surface which has has several Xes drawn on it as well as several large circled areas. On top of the map is a small device with a keyboard and screen, this is the source of the wireless signal, and what appears to be a small stack of pictures. Next to the desk, is the chair which has what appears to be a news paper, several folded stacks of paper that appears to be blueprints or instructions and several hand written pieces of paper stacked on it's seat.

On the couch you see the following items: Several boxes of electronics components, a box of electronics supplies, various electronic tools, a blanket, pillow, and a small transistor radio.

As you quickly scan the room to take inventory of it's contents you hear what sounds like an object vibrating followed by a chirping sound. The source of the sound is the device located on top of the map.

Last edited:

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Pulling her mobile phone from a jacket pocket Psiren she takes a photo of the map and then starts to rummage through the pictures and paper on the desk.

"Can do anything with the computer?"

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
[sblock=Map Region 1]
There are two circles centered on this location. One has a 1 miles radius, the other a five mile radius.
[MAP]33.939323,-118.241572[/MAP]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Region 2]
Several blocks in this area are circled. This is the location of the Staple Center.
[MAP]34.042626,-118.26865[/MAP]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Map Region 3]
There is a five mile radius circle centered on this location. The area envelopes two Xs. One is marked at the Los Angeles Zoo. The other at "Getty House."
[MAP]34.118418,-118.300399[/MAP]
[/sblock]

Except for the pages dedicated to blueprints, the pieces of paper seem to consist of a contact list. You conclude the the pictures are of the various structures that were X-ed. However several of the pictures seem to be of the misc. buildings in the downtown area.

OOC: The maps did not center on the locations, so you'll have to zoom out to see the points.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I totally forgot to add this into the last update (thanks to posting before work)..

The device seems to be dedicated to Twitter, and is set up to the OpCD user account. This account has 30 followers but is following only two users, LAMayor and LACityHall. Here are the last ten status messages that the device picked up:

@LAMayor If you only knew... posted by OpCD 2 minutes ago.
Getting ready for fair! Going to have a blast tonight. posted by LAMayor 20 minutes ago.
Operation Cluster Duck entering into phase 2. posted by OpCD 2 hours ago.
Crisis Adverted! Los Angeles has the best Heroes in the nation and I'll drink to that!posted by OpCD 3 hours ago.
Watch the news. If you like what you see, bids start tomorrow at noon. posted by OpCD 3 hours ago.
Opperation Cluster Duck is a go. posted by OpCD 4 hours ago.
Forgot Tweetbox! Using partner's cell phone. posted by OpCD 4 hours ago.
I will be making an appearance tonight at the LA City Fair. Hope to see all you there. posted by LAMayor 6 hours ago.
City Business... with a tequila chaser. posted by LAMayor 8 hours ago.
Preparing for Operation. posted by OpCD 10 hours ago.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases