[ICONS] Unconventional Heroes - Vol 1. Issue 1: "All-New, All-Different" (IC)

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Crackshot (Int 5, Awe 6, Wil 5)

Crackshot snorts, "A-yeah, Arac-Knight, except the attack on the villain wasn't sanctioned by the police or the government. Still, gotta give the guy props for doing what others couldn't, AND having the cojones to step up in the first place."

Crackshot took a sip of his drink and added, "He's still a cold-blooded killer, but a bad-ass one."

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Goldsmith's faceplate swivels rapidly back and forth between Crackshot and Arac-Knight. She quickly settles on the name question, sensing no good can come from going on about old heroes, anti or otherwise.

"Well yes. I'm not a robot," she tells him. "What happens if one day I invent something even better than this? I figured, I'd be Prodigy...and then I'd call my suit Goldsmith. Then if I needed to change equipment, I'd still be Prodigy. Plus, I figured it might be good..." she paused, not sure how gauche it was to discuss such mercenary concerns, but plowed on anyway, "...you know, for merchandising."

There was an electronic buzz of feedback as she cleared her throat.

"Uh...why? I mean, I'm not experienced at this, really. Does it seem like a bad idea to name the suit?"

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The room's lights begin to dim as the events MC can be heard on the reception hall's speakers, "Lady's and Gentlemen, Heroes and Crimefighters, I would like to introduce our guests of honor: United Super Hero Alliance junior members, Bandage Boy and Micro-Tina!" The two members slowly made their way to the dais accompanied by the chorus of jeers from the audience who expected a prominent member to appear and not two 'side-kicks' who only joined the group after winning a reality tv-show.

The image on the screen changed to a live shot of the USHA's Hall of Heroism's interior with several of the group's members assembled.

[sblock=USHA Group Shot]
relique-du-madde-albums-play-post-images-picture1046-usha.jpg

The USHA members who are visible in the shot are the Green Giant (top), Rocket Brotha, Miss Sheen, Lady Lovecraft, Captain Superior, the Mega-Ranger Extreme, and Roswell.
[/sblock]

After a moment, Lady Lovecraft and Captain Superior stepped forward, and began their address.

"Good Evening,and Grim Tidings Heroes and Crime-fighters of the West Coast! ." The room erupted in blissful cheers. Captain Superior raised his hand as if attempting to silence the crowd. "Being a member of the United Super Hero Alliance is a privilege and an honor that few will ever receive or deserve. We have standards, unlike that S***y team the Peace-Keeper is starting up, and we intend to abide by them. Sorry, I mean UNSHTI." The room erupted in laughter.

"Though Peace Keeper's pretense was quiet dubious, we do not think it in the nations best interest that we select a group of heroes based on video submissions alone which is why we are currently vetting every deserving hero who sent us a submission."

Smugly, "What do you think this is, American Super Hero? But, I do have to admit watching some of you make fools of yourselves was really entertaining." Once again the room broke out in laughter, this time at the Bandage Boy and Micro-Tina's expense.

"It is our displeasure to announce that..."

"None of you will likely be accepted into the USHA. That is unless, you do something really deserving of recognition. Like, I don't know, defend a city from destruction during a demonic alien invasion, or something."

"Do not lament, we will be keeping an eye on your deeds, and we will contact you in a timely manor."

"On and, one last thing, Bandage Boy was the deciding vote." Captain Superior smirked. " Just saying."

The live feed abruptly ended as many within the room began tossing garbage at Bandage Boy, lending credence to the rumors that Captain Superior has the ability to manipulate people's emotions. Many of those unaffected by Captain Superior's ability began shouting profanities, while others began to exit from the reception hall.

Notice: (1d6-1d6) -3=-6

Amongst the chaos caused by the announcement, Psiren found herself adjusting her suit's psychic dampeners. She then noticed a stray thought: Omg?!? What are they QUACK QUACK QUACK!!

Perplexed, Psiren turned toward the reception hall's entrance-way. At the same time, Xokzatle and Crackshot noticed a commotion breaking out near the room's left and right exit.

Together the three noticed that the group of men dressed in duck outfits, now totaling 10, enter the room while armed. 4 of the men are at the main enterance, 3 are at the left exit, and three at the right exit.

The men began to fire upon the crowd, and as they assaulted the room, the affects of their weaponry became clear: The super heroes and bystanders who were stuck where immediately transformed into turned into ducks.

Mortified, most of those who were spared from the fowl fate immediately sought cover behind a toppled table and those who did not, sought flight...

--------------------------------

Combat PAGE 1
The 10 Duck Thugs begin their assault by targeting random by standers and Heroes using their Duck-ification rays.

[sblock='OOC']
The "Duck Thugs" are at Extended range (ranged attacks only) from the table.

Anyone with Coordination 6+ or FLIGHT/SPEED can enter personal range w/ them (and may attack them unarmed). Everyone else can move into Close Range (and attack using melee weapon or ranged attacks).

Actions are considered to occur simultaneously, so do not worry about initiative order. However, if u need to determine who goes when (for strategy), the order is based off CoOrdination so..

Group 1. Badguys (since they began the fight).
..........4 at door.
..........3 at left
..........3 at right (closest bad-guy group)
Group 2.
..........Crackshot
..........Psiren
..........Arac-Knight and Xokzatle
..........Prodigy
Group 3. NPCS
.........Yna
.........Everyone else is running, hiding, or diving for cover.

If the descriptions of the actions from the OOC posts are too long, here's a crib sheet that condenses most of that info done to what happens on a success.

If you want to roll on invisible castle, this is basically what you would enter:

(1d6-1d6) + (Ability or Power + Specialty) +/- Modifier

I'll compare your results to the difficulty (badguy's Ability + Specialty) to determine your success.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
The althar in which the brain of the long deseaced priest rests, shifts slightly to face the duck thugs. The brain phases out of existance as it attempts to posses one of the thugs, leaving the stone altar and the glass jar empty save from the liquid inside.

OOC: Use posession on random thug. (1d6-1d6) + (5-Power. Don't know what ability should I place so I placed none)=8

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Psiren Int 5 Awe 7 Wil 7

Well he's going to be wonderful to work for, but we don't get to choose how we redeem ourselves, wait what?

At the sight of the fowl assailants Psiren stands the plates of her armour glow as she begins to focus her powers.

Right lets show them what I can do.

She starts to run towards the three thugs on the right. Her long blonde hair flying out behind her.
I'll take the ones on the right!

OOC[sblock]
Psiren will try and contact as many of the minds of the Duckthugs as she can, trying to set up for paralysis. If she can she'll pull out the ID of their boss while she's at it, but that's a secondary goal.

Telepathy 7+(1d6-1d6(0))=7
Roll[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: You could try to take all three of the thugs on the right, but at a -4 penalty to your telepathy roll and end up with a moderate success.

If you go for only one you will get a major success. I'll assume you'll go for all three.

COMBAT PAGE 1 *Update*
[sblock=Initiative]
Group 1. Badguys (since they began the fight).
..........4 at door.
..........3 at left
..........3 at right (closest bad-guy group)
Group 2.
..........Crackshot
..........Psiren
..........Arac-Knight and Xokzatle
..........Prodigy
Group 3. NPCS*
.........Yna
.........Everyone else is running, hiding, or diving for cover.

Name in red has not actioned.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Status]
Duck Thug at Door A: Possessed
[/sblock]

The 10 Duck Thugs begin their assault by targeting random by standers and Heroes using their Duck-ification rays.

Xokzatle tries to possess one of the Duck Thugs at the entrance...
Possession 9 vs ?? -> Massive Success.

Xokzatle's form vanishes, as one of the four Duck Thugs at the door seems to tip his gun slightly as Xokzatle takes control of the duck thug's body.
[sblock=Xokzatle]
You become instantly aware of the capabilities of the possessed Duck Thug. He seems to be a normal, average, non-powered individual.

The gun in his hand has two settings: Blast and Duck-ify.
[/sblock]

Psiren starts to run towards the three thugs on the right. I'll take the ones on the right!
Telepathy 7-4= 3 vs ?? -> Moderate Success.

[sblock=Telepathy Use]
She manages to pull out two "names" from her targets: Cluster Duck and The Zoo Keeper. She is unsure if Cluster Duck and the Zoo Keeper are the same person or two different people.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Xokzatle turns the gun in Duck-ify and shoots to the nearest thug. He also takes his time to find out as much information about this assault as possible.

OOC: a 4 without modifiers since I don't know the abilities of these guys.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases