Possum's d20 Modern: Fallout part 1




+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 446
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum

    Possum's d20 Modern: Fallout part 1

    What good is the moonlight
    The silvery moonlight that shines above?
    I walk with my shadow
    I talk with my echo
    But where is the one I love?


    We'll Meet Again: The Inkspots
    An abandoned radio sits inside a house, playing a long-forgotten song. A promotional pamphlet advertising "The District" is shown to be laying on the table next to it. Several two story buildings full of stores are shown, with a multi-story hotel with the name "Tiger" brightly illuminated. A man in a suit and fedora smiles at the entire scene.

    We're outside the house now, and staring at a nightmarish scene. The same street from the brochure, but in rubble. Several of the two story buildings have collapsed somewhat, spewing their debris out onto the street. The Tiger Hotel still stands tall, but large sections of the building have been ripped away from the facade, showing empty rooms from far away. A being walks into view, his body clad in dark fray armor. The head is a frightening mask with two "horns" flowing from the back of the head.

    War, war never changes.

    Near the end of the 21st century, humanity reached the end of its million year march towards self-destruction. Their worst weapons were unleashed in two hours of hell. Those that could afford it or deemed necessary for survival were saved from the worst of it. For over a century, nestled deep in the hills of Hartsburg in central Missouri, your ancestors lived in Vault #45.

    Life in the Vault is a lesson in monotony. Every day has the same tasks as the day before, each one of you assigned your job for life at the age of 16 thanks to the GOAT aptitude test. This day, it will all change...

 

  • #2
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    Ignore possum
    It's evening now in Vault 45, the majority of the citizens are now getting out of their jobs for the day and are headed to their quarters to rest up before dinner is served in the cafeteria. Some however, are headed to the recreation area to get their exercise for the day. The recent small tremors in the area have unsettled some, but the Overseer has frequently reminded the population that there is nothing major to worry about. All in all, it is a normal day.

  • #3
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,749

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    Isaias Bing scratches the back of his head, while moaning in front of a cup of hot coffee. He was taking a break from the engineering room, but the black thing wasn't helping him. Was it even coffee? Isaias knew it was some sort of chemical imitation, but anyhow he felt that it could help. He eyes the room of the cafeteria tiredly.
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #4
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    532

    Ignore Felix1459
    Chase was debating on whether or not he should go to the recreation hall or to the cafeteria. Hunger ended up trumping any need for physical exertion so he wandered into the cafeteria line wondering what they were serving. As he waited he wondered if what they were having was even the correct name for what they were eating. It was thoughts like this that kept him awake some nights. But since he was getting these thougts out of the way earlier than usual, perhaps he'd be able to sleep soundly tonight. He started to scan the cafeteria to see of he saw anyone that he wanted to sit next to or if anyone would rise their hand or wave at him, indicating that they were saving him a seat.
    "Villains have the master plan & Heroes have no choice."


  • #5
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,074
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    Alicia Taliaferro was feeling restless today, but unsure why since today was really like any other. After pretty much knowing the results of her GOAT before even taking it, her new career in the Vault has already lost some of its new luster. It was another routine day working out of the security office, reviewing some reports and making rounds. Still a little young and fresh, they haven’t really given her anything importance to be responsible for yet.

    Coming off shift she headed to the recreation area for a workout, doing some stretching and flexibility routines, light training on the weights, and finishing off with some cardio. Feeling better, she is no longer fretting about not getting to fire on the range yet again. She heads to the showers and gets cleaned up, before heading to grab some chow at the cafeteria.

    After getting her tray and taking a seat she sees Chase Adams, an adventurous sort, looking for a place. She doesn’t really know him, but perhaps he has something interesting going on. Normally the non-security personnel are a little wary of her kind, but maybe it will be different because she’s new and a girl. She decides to give it a try, “Care to sit?”
    _________________________________________

    Last edited by perrinmiller; Monday, 12th July, 2010 at 07:51 AM.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #6
    Winston's back slightly aches. How should I know what causes the tremors. Any time they have a problem, I should look for it. D@mn, I bring new bulbs, I'm no scientist. Having moved behind maintenance panels for most of the day, he just wanted to go back to his tent. Yes a tent. Most laugh about him having a tent in his room, but what do they know...
    Signature

    Hi I'm a comic and rpg nerd. Don't hurt me, please.

    PS: English is NOT my native language!

    May the 4th be with you!

    PbPs

    Invisible Castle

    http://www.d20srd.org/
    Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC)


    My Houserules

    I am SpiderClan

  • #7
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    532

    Ignore Felix1459
    Chase

    As Chase walked with his plate full he heard a voice ask him if he wanted to sit. Looking over and seeing a good looking girl motioning to him...who was he to refuse? He makes his way over to her and sits down next to her. He thinks back to try to think where he had seen her before but he can't quite put a face to the name but he doesn't let that stop him. "Hi there. Name's Chase. Not to be rude but, have we met?" as he says this he flashes a smile and sits down setting his tray down and sticking his hand out for her to shake it.
    OOC:
    What job do you think he'd be assigned in the vault? Any suggestions?
    Last edited by Felix1459; Saturday, 10th July, 2010 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added image
    "Villains have the master plan & Heroes have no choice."


  • #8
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Voda Vosa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Bahia Blanca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    10,749

    Ignore Voda Vosa
    "Hey Win" called the man behind Winston. "How's the engineering going without me? Found anything about those tremors? Weird things I say."
    Visit The Link Village of Voda Vosa in the RG for complete game links, and stuff!

  • #9
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,074
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    Surprised and potentially relieved that the young man doesn’t really recognize her, Alicia takes his hand, “Name’s Alicia. I have seen you around working the garbage detail. The security chief doesn’t appear to like you very much. You are welcome to join me.”

    She looks freshly showered and her hair is loose, not in its customary pony tail when working. She peers at the usual fare on her tray with a sigh, wishing that she could try some seafood that she read about in a book once. It was supposed to be very tasty.

    <<OOC: Does this help Felix1459?>>
    _________________________________________

    Last edited by perrinmiller; Monday, 12th July, 2010 at 07:52 AM.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #10
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    532

    Ignore Felix1459
    Chase runs her name back and forth through his head but coming out blank he says "Nice to meet you Alicia. Can't complain too much about the garbage detail. Actually I can. It seems if you don't know exactly what you want to do they just say 'y'know you'd be good at garbage detail.' I mean if your not an engineer or if you're not interested in security it's garbage detail. But whatever. How's security treating you? Keeping the criminals at bay?" Chase begins eating while as he waits for her response. He wonders how old she is and tries not to make it too obvious as he checks her out.
    "Villains have the master plan & Heroes have no choice."


  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. d20 Modern: Fallout
      By possum in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 106
      Last Post: Sunday, 24th April, 2011, 12:09 PM
    2. Cats inside house (2 Cats Dead; 1 Cat Adopted; 1 Raccoon, 1 Possum Relocated)
      By Vraille Darkfang in forum Miscellaneous Geek Talk & Media Lounge
      Replies: 73
      Last Post: Saturday, 20th October, 2007, 10:26 PM
    3. d20 Modern: What Would you change part II
      By Vigilance in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 255
      Last Post: Friday, 19th October, 2007, 04:51 AM
    4. [D20 Modern] "Scorched Earth", a setting in the style of Rifts or Fallout...
      By Pbartender in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Thursday, 2nd January, 2003, 02:27 AM
    5. [d20 Modern] Fallout?
      By Dust in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: Wednesday, 7th August, 2002, 08:51 PM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •