Magic items needed for Cleric-Archer

Arcanus

First Post
Went to a convention this past weekend and one of my fellow gamers wants to start his 15th or 16th level campaign soon.

Our regular DM will be busy hunting for awhile and he is going to run a FRCS plane hopping thingy.

So far I am going to run a Elven Cleric of Labelas Enoreth with Time and Elf Domains.
What PrCs should I take? I have crap loads of D20 books and the PrC that catches my eye is the Contemplative and getting the Celerity prestige domain.(kinda fits the Time/Longevity in a way).

Now for magic items he says take whatever you want and he will give you the final okay if you can have them. What items should I take? I know my spot, search, listen and hide are going to suck so items to boost those will be a must.

He also said we could make items to kinda fit my character or items that just should have been thought of to begin with.
I didn't quite follow but on his example he said that there are books that give you permanent Str,Int,Con and Dex. So there should be books that can give you permanent proficiencies, skills or feats.

I REALLY like that idea alot. How would you and how much would it cost to make or purchase books that could give you ranksin skills or make skills a class skill after reading them? Same goes for feats (which clerics lack while going the archer route), what would it cost for them and how to make them?

For the magic bow route I don't like the burst weapons at all.
I like the Mighty Comp.Longbow of Gran Marches (not sure on name) from Book of Eldritch Might II that adjusts to fit your strength up to +10. I want to at least have this and the keen/speed effect on it. Maybe just the bow itself and another specific magic bow from another book called the Hunters Bow (from Relics & Rituals II) what are the costs for these being combined and what + enhancement would they be equal to?

If you think I am being uber munchkin or whatever, then let me tell you what the main bad guy can do (he isn't even the leader just the main warrior type) He gets somewhere around 9 attacks a round and likes to start off using Dancing weapons then quickdrawing 2 more if he needs to even the odds.

Shallown

First Post
Bracers of archery is one item you need.

Also think prestige wise of going Order of bow 2 levels and deepwoods sniper 2 levels. Both fit into the elven archer mold. Add that to contemplative and you become very nasty.

You actually don't need that many feats other than those for the Prc's

I did a fighter/rogue 4/4 and went that route and it worked out quite well. You would lose 4 levels of casting but for a tuned archer it may be worth it. With divine power and such you can really hit and dish out damage.

later

Just to go full munchkin also take peerless archer from silver marches FR for 2 levels.

Alariel

First Post
Well, we're running a high-level tournament (Return to Tomb of Horrors), and one of the players was handed a pregenerated elven cleric archer (10/10 cleric/contemplative aasimar). About the most important thing we gave him was an animated shield (though we gave him an animated Shield of Praetor, the exact enhancement and other powers are up to you).

Thanee

First Post
Magic items... I'd try to get some, that grant you abilities you cannot cover with your cleric spells.

Some useful examples would be Fly or Teleport.

As for the bow, you really only need a +1 bow and are better off having multiple useful enchantments on it.

Something to add to your perception skills would be good, too.

A ring of nine lives is always nice to have! :D

Bye
Thanee

Arcanus

First Post
Yeah I was thinking of one of those cloaks of the mont(something or other) that gives you a dimension door ability. maybe one of those winged masks so I could fly.

So far I found several items that can boost my perception skills.
another item I thought would be good would be a bead of karma.
Bracers of Archery I thought about but found a better pair in the
Moon Elves book called Grey-Talons Bracers. They most important-
ly let you re-roll any 1's that you make during ranged attacks.

A ring of spell storing is also on my want list (maybe with a couple of hunters mercy spells in it).

Anyone have any ideas on how to make a Book that grants skills or feats? What would the cost to make and buy these items be?

Numion

First Post
Winged boots are a good choise.

You really don't need any ability boosters; just empower the ability boosting spells a suitable amount of times.

Remove ads