Review of the RPGA Reward "Tomb of Horrors"

D'karr

Adventurer
We played it this past weekend and it was brutally fun. Many deaths, near deaths and "horrifying" events. Combats are absolutely brutal, and the sphere of annihilation was a blast. Our cleric got caught in it during a combat as we watched in horror as his lifeforce got slowly drained. We loved it. Well done.

Hawke

Explorer
This really made me wonder what they're going to do for the full super-adventure. A couple of thoughts:

1) Seems deadly while being quite fun and exciting.

2) I think my first run of this would be pretty fun using the Essentials Builds for a standard party.

3) I think puzzles and crazy stuff like this is really where some preplanned adventures can shine. I can do the political and cool encounters using MM creatures pretty well, but I could never approach this level of uniqueness when it comes to the stuff they encounter. Let's hope they bring more of that back and ToH Superadventure really hits it home.

4) While I was reading this through a buddy called me up and happened to mention how much he was missing his character from our SW SAGA campaign and asked if maybe this winter we could do a daily one shot with the old gang. It may not happen, but I immediately started thinking about a conversion that involved some sith lord and revamp some of the traps and effects as force and/or mechanical. I'll have to think on that a bit more, but seems creating "4E" versions of their characters (using hybrid psionic classes classes for Jedi seems to be perfect)... hmmm!

Great review.

vagabundo

Adventurer
Has this been sent to European pips yet?

I've tried to find the rewards section on the RPGA website, but have rolled a 1 on the d6 and got lost in the website wilderness...

DrOct

First Post
This sounds great! I'd love to get ahold of this!

I have to admit I'm still unclear on the process for joining the DM's rewards problem.

Or more specifically on joining if you don't have a DCI number already and can't make it to RPGA events easily. There are a couple of stores that run events in the very general area of where I live, but both of them are at least a 45 minute drive away (That's without traffic. And there's almost always traffic.).

Is there a way to sign up for this without going to an event? I see you can sign up as a WPN organizer, but I'm unclear on what that entails. Do I have to hold public events? Also how do I get the players in my home game to get DCI numbers?

The whole process seems pretty complicated and despite the best efforts of several bloggers I still don't really know if I'll be able to sign up for the program and keep running private games (that is without adding public events to the mix, of course I'll be able to keep running private games).

Am I best off just hoping that another store closer to me starts hosting events, or that the next time one rolls around on a weekend I happen to have the day free to head out there?

Last edited:

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter
This sounds great! I'd love to get ahold of this!

I have to admit I'm still unclear on the process for joining the DM's rewards problem.

Or more specifically on joining if you don't have a DCI number already and can't make it to RPGA events easily. There are a couple of stores that run events in the very general area of where I live, but both of them are at least a 45 minute drive away (That's without traffic. And there's almost always traffic.).

Is there a way to sign up for this without going to an event? I see you can sign up as a WPN organizer, but I'm unclear on what that entails. Do I have to hold public events? Also how do I get the players in my home game to get DCI numbers?

The whole process seems pretty complicated and despite the best efforts of several bloggers I still don't really know if I'll be able to sign up for the program and keep running private games (that is without adding public events to the mix, of course I'll be able to keep running private games).

Am I best off just hoping that another store closer to me starts hosting events, or that the next time one rolls around on a weekend I happen to have the day free to head out there?
ASFAIK you can sign up online but I'm not sure of the ins and outs as I have found the RPGA site very difficult to navigate in the past.
I was a member already.
For the basic "I'm signed up" DM rewards you only need to maintain contact information.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases