Review of the RPGA Reward "Tomb of Horrors"

thekk

First Post
You have to jump through a few hoops to enroll in the DM Rewards program. Full instructions on how to enroll can be found in this forum post. Not the most friendly user-experience ever, to say the least. ;)

I've got this adventure too, and intend to run a party of 4 through it, so I'll tweak the encounters down just a tad. Do you have any suggestions on how a DM can dissuade players from doing encounter-extended rest-encounter? I've seen the suggestion of
adding a few ghosts that roam the tomb to keep them out of their sleep. I'm also thinking that there could be some acolytes of the Bleak Academy that have to reset a trap or two, down in the tomb. Or simply give them a limited amount of rations. Not that I think they'll make it past the first two rooms the first time

I've created a list of which D&D Miniatures you can use for encounters. i can post it, if anyone is interested?

Riley

Legend
You have to jump through a few hoops to enroll in the DM Rewards program. Full instructions on how to enroll can be found in this forum post. Not the most friendly user-experience ever, to say the least. ;)

I'd say! It took me weeks and several slow email exchanges with cust service in order to register. And right now, I only have 3 players, so unless that changes, I won't be eligible for the second reward item.

DrOct

First Post

That's certainly a good guide, but it leaves out the main step I'm wondering about: How to get an RPGA/DCI number. There are unfortunately no stores all that convenient for me to get to that hold events so I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for me to get a number to start the process without clearing my schedule for some day and driving a long way...

I've seen some mention of being able to do it by signing up as a WPN organizer but that really seems to be more for store owners and such and some of the wording there kind of scared me off, since I don't really want to have random people showing up at my house or e-mailing me looking for games...

Now, second question: Assuming I do find a way to get signed up, how do I get DCI numbers for my players?

Holy Bovine

First Post
That's certainly a good guide, but it leaves out the main step I'm wondering about: How to get an RPGA/DCI number. There are unfortunately no stores all that convenient for me to get to that hold events so I'm trying to figure out if there's a way for me to get a number to start the process without clearing my schedule for some day and driving a long way...

I've seen some mention of being able to do it by signing up as a WPN organizer but that really seems to be more for store owners and such and some of the wording there kind of scared me off, since I don't really want to have random people showing up at my house or e-mailing me looking for games...

Now, second question: Assuming I do find a way to get signed up, how do I get DCI numbers for my players?

That is a sticking point to be sure. At the D&D events my local gameshop runs there are stacks of DCI sign up cards. If you wanted, the next time they run one in late August I could pick up a dozen or so to mail to you. PM me if you are interested - I'd be happy to help you out. The rewards program is awesome - I was jumping for joy when Tomb of Horrors showed up at my door last week. The full-sized poster map of the dungeon was just icing on the cake.

DrOct

First Post
That is a sticking point to be sure. At the D&D events my local gameshop runs there are stacks of DCI sign up cards. If you wanted, the next time they run one in late August I could pick up a dozen or so to mail to you. PM me if you are interested - I'd be happy to help you out. The rewards program is awesome - I was jumping for joy when Tomb of Horrors showed up at my door last week. The full-sized poster map of the dungeon was just icing on the cake.

That would be really awesome. I might just take you up on that!

The Little Raven

First Post
Does anyone know how I can actually get into contact with the RPGA in order to see why I haven't been receiving any of my DM Rewards, despite qualifying for them? Their site is completely worthless.

thekk

First Post
That's certainly a good guide, but it leaves out the main step I'm wondering about: How to get an RPGA/DCI number.
You can get a DCI Membership number from any store that runs DCI/RPGA events, according to this FAQ. You don't have to participate in an event to get a DCI/RPGA number. Simply ask for the membership card to fill in. ;) But if there isn't a store close to you that does Magic/RPGA events, it will take some time to get the number... ;(

The store owner has to send in the registration cards, but if you ask nicely, you can probably get a few off them to take home and give to your players. But if they have ever participated in a Magic the Gathering event, they probably already have a DCI-membership number.

But back on topic: anyone interested in that list of miniatures I made? Or have suggestions for how to lower the number of extended rests the group can take?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases