Steel Dragons' Art

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Just posting some art from my WIP comic "The Steel Dragons" and campaign world- "Orea". Looking for any comments/feedback.

Most are pretty sketchy and from a few years back but I will get more up-to-date images posted soon as a find a scanner.

All characters are original and copyright to me.

I'm also totally open/interested in taking on commissions for anyone's rpg characters (D&D or other fantasy settings are my strong suit, but also a big superhero/comics fan so those are welcome too. :)

Ok. Let's see...let's start with these...
Aline the Whitebow: a half-elf ranger/priestess of the Orean goddess of nature, Sylari.
Carak Hillside: (one of my first 1E characters from...oo, yeah WAY back) a halfling fighter/thief.
Kriton: an exiled centaur shaman who takes up the ways of the Ancient Order of Mistwood (the druidic order that spans all of Orea).
and a secondary or tertiary character from years and years ago...not sure how he'll fit into the story, if at all...
Kori: a half-Karolosta ("sea") elf rogue "mariner" with uncanny charms.

Attachments

• aline_web1.jpg
    aline_web1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 257
  • carak_web1.jpg
    carak_web1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 206
  • kriton_web1.jpg
    kriton_web1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 211
  • kori1.jpg
    kori1.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 192

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Various versions from over the years of a character creating...mmm, probably 20 years ago...18-20 years ago...

I just think it's kinda neat to see the progression/alteration of styles of my sketching over the years...and can't believe I actually scanned in his original concept sketch from (however long ago that was).

Anyway, here's Jasilith Korindor - "the Blackstag" ranger-priest of the Miralostae (essentially "high elf") god, Syar, the defender of the wood whose mythology is entwined with the human goddess of nature, Sylari.

Attachments

• jasilith_web1.jpg
    jasilith_web1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 143
  • jasilith3.jpg
    jasilith3.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 150
  • jasilith4.jpg
    jasilith4.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 143
  • jasilith2.jpg
    jasilith2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 151
  • jasilith5.jpg
    jasilith5.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 144
  • jasilith6_noted.jpg
    jasilith6_noted.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 152

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Here are a few borders I did for the Steel Dragons/Orea website (also a WIP).

They're all taken from a single large (18x24) group piece...from about...6-7 years ago.

First one includes: (top to bottom) Kriton the Centaur, (most of) Rhea the Lady of the Emerald Tear, the warrior Londar Draken, a zephari (Orean avian race) called "Stormwing", Aline Truesight, and Gnimilious "Gnim" Soile the self-proclaimed "Greatest Magician of Gnomes."
Next is the Miralostae rogue/magess, Erilyn.
Then, Lela Eth Mitar- a protectress of Gilea (Orean goddess of healing and fortitude) and the Miralostae swordsman (and Erilyn's brother) Silran.

A more detailed image of Silran.
A more detailed image of Erilyn.

NOTE: the "framed" pencil drawings of individuals are roughly...2-3 years old and are considered (more or less) the "official" version/look of the characters.

Attachments

• erilyn_web1.jpg
    erilyn_web1.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 161
  • silran_web1.jpg
    silran_web1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 156
  • border_lelasilran.jpg
    border_lelasilran.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 174
  • border_erilyn.jpg
    border_erilyn.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 154
  • border2.jpg
    border2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
More Orea/Steel Dragons stuff...

Few more website borders...these from another group shot. I really need to get these things inked and colored....included the whole/original group image too. This particular sketch is going back...5 years? maybe 6?

But yeah, these are all of the main players...at least for the "good guys."

The characters from left to right (top to bottom, roughly)
(top left) Montor Dragonwing- human/male, magic-user. The Dragonmage. Focal character of the Steel Dragons saga.
Thillian - ShiCynallae elf/male, magic-user. Herald of the Wind Wizard.
Stormwing - zephari/male, fighter.
Erilyn -Miralostae elf/female, rogue/magic-user. Daughter of Seniiris. Lady of Evandrial and sister of Silran.
(next row) "Silver" -Miralostae elf/male, rogue-acrobat (yes, he's from the days of the ORIGINAL Unearthed Arcana).
Aline Truesight (a.k.a. the Whitebow) - half-elf/female, ranger/cleric of Sylari (goddess of nature).
Kriton -centaur/male, druid.
Gran Lighthammer -half-elf/male, cleric of Astar (the Celestial Sovereign)
Rhea Willowlake - human/female, psionicist/psion/whatever you call them these days. Telepath mostly with other minor/unknown/uncontrolled powers. Lady of the Emerald Tear.
(bottom row, roughly) Carak Hillside - halfling/male, fighter/thief.
Silran -Miralostae elf/male, fighter. Son of Seniiris, Lord of Evandrial and brother to Erilyn.
Lela Eth Mitar -human (Mostralian)/female, cleric of Gilea (goddess of healing and fortitiude). a "Protectress of Gilea."
Malac Dragonwing -human/male, fighter. Younger brother of Montor.
Londar Draken -human/male, fighter. Defender/champion of the Grinlian duchy of Resahd. Cousin to Montor and Malac.
Gnimilious Soile -gnome/male, illusionist/thief. "The Greatest Magician of Gnomes."

Attachments

• group_crop.jpg
    group_crop.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 202
  • border6.jpg
    border6.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 163
  • border5.jpg
    border5.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 161
  • border4.jpg
    border4.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 159

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Gran Lighthammer

A "second tier" addition to the Steel Dragons saga. The company finds the dejected wayward priest of Astar, his faith broken by the corruption of his temple and his "impossible" quest. The Steel Dragons aid the faltering cleric and upon completion of their quest (which, turns out, was a common goal between the Dragons and Gran) he has an epiphany and is bestowed with a weapon of great power to become Orea's Champion of Astar, the Celestial Sovereign. Gran becomes one of the greatest defenders of the forces of good in Orea.

Attachments

• gran_web1.jpg
    gran_web1.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 140
  • gran4.jpg
    gran4.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 126
  • border_gran.jpg
    border_gran.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 167

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Cut-outs

Some "simplified" versions of the main Steel Dragons' characters I made for...I dunno...some kinda collateral material. Cut-outs? Table top tiles? Magnets? I dunno...but here they are.

Montor, Malac, Lela, Silran, Erilyn, Carak

Attachments

• carak_web2.jpg
    carak_web2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 152
  • erilyn1 copy.jpg
    erilyn1 copy.jpg
    289.5 KB · Views: 158
  • silran1 copy.jpg
    silran1 copy.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 127
  • lela1 copy.jpg